Fallout 4 - Peter Hines responds to Creation Club Criticism

It's a duck mini-DLC, not a duck. Two very different things, in Hines' mind at least.

Initially I read your sentence as "hives mind". But maybe its actually close related. "Hines'/Hives mind" could be the name of global business and PR strategy of Bethesda. :)

Ripper said:
VP of Public Relations and Marketing is a title that doesn't quite capture the nature of Mr. Hines. I think Minister of Information would be better.

Or Minister of Crazy Talk? :)

But Peter, if they're mini-DLC and not paid mods then shouldn't people who have the season pass get them for free? I'm pretty sure when your company originally announced the season pass they said it would be for all future DLC, after all.

I would only add that if these are mini-DLC then shouldn't getting them be optional? Meaning all the other DLC's never showed up on my HD until I purchased them and downloaded them.

But Peter, if they're mini-DLC and not paid mods then shouldn't people who have the season pass get them for free? I'm pretty sure when your company originally announced the season pass they said it would be for all future DLC, after all.

"Dear Avantre, these are MINI-DLC and not DLC as mentioned in the season pass. This is not a DLC as you know them but a completely different thing that is completely the same but different. Definitely not a duck, I mean... DLC... or MOD... or whatever it is you think they are.. its something different."
- Peter Hines

This guy on this video is pretty spot on I reckon!

If they want to fix it: Drop the price to 10% of what they are currently offering it for (economies of scale!)
And stop splitting hairs over paid mods / DLC... They are effectively the same! Semantics

I would only add that if these are mini-DLC then shouldn't getting them be optional? Meaning all the other DLC's never showed up on my HD until I purchased them and downloaded them.

Do they download to your pc on launch? Weird. That should be flagged as malware.

Sad thing is, I don't even care anymore about Beth games.

I have very fond memories of my modded Morrowind, Oblivion (I'll say it again and again: My FCOM setup was the best game I ever played) and Skyrim. Didn't even bother to follow the news on Fallout 4 after I saw the first vids. I'm sad the the next Elder Scrolls will likely be pure **** with added VR.

Yeah, I'm surprised there hasn't been a big kerfuffle about this one. I'm not concerned because I feel I easily got my $25ish worth but I would have thought a bunch of season pass owners would be all over this rather than concentrating on 'paid mods'

Then again, having said that I'm not upset, if they'd started Creation Club before their second round of DLC, and Creation Club included Nuka-World, Vault-Tec and Contraptions, I'd be in the upset and angry club.

I think… gamers should stop wasting their time over dumb drama. If people don't like it, they can still just download free mods, and CC won't go anywhere and disappear.

That's one of the worries, though: if this kind of thing is successful without any challenge, if Bethesda gets money from mods that go through their gating, then why wouldn't they do everything they could to make modding hard/impossible without going through their club for any future games they create?

I think… gamers should stop wasting their time over dumb drama. If people don't like it, they can still just download free mods, and CC won't go anywhere and disappear.

CC is here and is downloading "mods" or "DLCs" on your PC, you want them or not. They download them anyway. They put the whole CC on your PC, you want it or not. More they add of it and more you have to download. The download is mandatory or you cannot launch the game.

Some people who are dumb, mind.
You, don't.

Eh? Anyone noticed absence of Luj in this thread? Is there some kind of DOTA tournament going on? :p

CC is here and is downloading "mods" or "DLCs" on your PC, you want them or not. They download them anyway. They put the whole CC on your PC, you want it or not. More they add of it and more you have to download. The download is mandatory or you cannot launch the game.

Some people who are dumb, mind.
You, don't.

So we'll need some kind of malware protection against this "Club"? Mayby Bethesda could start sellin one of those?

Meh, he's a marketeer. Reselling old sh*t in shiny new packages is all part of the entertainment business. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

Eh? Anyone noticed absence of Luj in this thread?
Now that you mentioned it… I saw no word from luj nor dart for days.
The only explanation I can think of is they're probably grinding in Destiny 2's already existing DLC expansion.

Now that you mentioned it… I saw no word from luj nor dart for days.

They're probably in a motel room somewhere, without wifi.

They probably have Aubrielle and HumanityHasRisen as well. Supersecretclub meeting :)

Grimoire is the only thing they have in common. Maybe they are enjoying the incline?

Back
Top Bottom