What games are you playing now?

I've been trying to play Manhunt, as it's been on my list for a long time. I kept hearing a lot of people praise it as one of the best Rockstar games. I've only played 2-3 missions, as it's very bugging. And have reached a point where it 100% crashes to desktop at a certain cutscene.

Is it really that good? I've been a bit intrigued by the premise, but it also feels a bit immature. Like trying too hard to be edgy. Any opinions on it here on the watch?

Ok, I've managed to get over that mandatory crash to desktop by using a safe file that someone in the steam community provided. But the game is just insane in the amount of crashes it has. I've honestly not seen a more shoddy port of a game. Rockstar should be fucking ashamed of themselves for leaving it in this state. Crashes everywhere.

If I have to restart a level due to objective failure it's another mandatory crash to desktop.

The game also doesn't not lock (or offer the option to lock) the mouse cursor to the game window. So since I have two monitors I'm constantly minimizing the game. I did install a 3rd party mouse lock, but it was also a pain to setup.

Just insane the total disregard for the port from Rockstar. How in the hell does this happen. Good thing the free market made them pay for it. :|

I honestly don't know how long or if I should put up with the game. That's why I could use some feedback if the game is worth all the hassle.

I feel like I should stop and read every description so I'm making good tech choices, etc. but it bogs the pace down quite a bit.

But that's what I meant. While the game offers a lot of different choices, most of these choices hardly matter at all.

Completely hooked up with Stardew Valley again :)
And I'm completely hooked up with KCD rerun. Finished the lass DLC, I have to admit it was more fun than I've expected. There are farm chores to do like feed the chicken. How you do that? Click and it's done. Unlike chore timewaste horrors in RDR2 that bore you to death.
Dunno if everyone I saved will appear later in the main game, would be awsome if they do.

The dog companion in the main game however starts from level 0… Makes it kinda not very useful earlygame until you pat and feed it enough to get attack a trashmob "skill". ;)

I just finished the 3rd episode of Wintermute, the main campaign of The Long Dark. In this chapter you play Will Mackenzie's estranged wife, Dr. Astrid Greenwood. In Will's two chapters you learn that Astrid got in an altercation with some escaped prisoners and escaped into Pleasant Valley.

The chapter starts with you waking up in a farmhouse and trying to find Will and making your way back to him. Along the way, Astrid will try to help the survivors in the area.

This chapter has more interesting NPC's and much better flow than the earlier chapters. The earlier chapters have had some serious editing since I played the game though, and may be improved. You can probably play through the main quest in this game pretty quickly, but the side quests will give you much better gear if you do them.

Overall, I found the chapter fine and though it was a little short, it should make for an interesting reunion between the two protagonists.

Enjoyable, touch rough around edges (mouse sensitivity can’t be adjusted and is insane)

Huh? Check the options menu again. I was able to adjust the mouse sensitivity.

I think you're wasting your time with that game though tbh. Didn't you recently purchase Metro Exodus?

Playing Two Worlds II Shattered Embrace & re-playing Fear 2 & 3.

I'm currently jumping between M&B, Arcanum and Baldur's Gate 2. I've been wanting a game where I don't need to do a lot of reading -- the latter two mentioned before does that -- and recently got back into Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. That's just what I needed.

Divinity:OS2DE... I definitely preferred D:OS to this. I'm playing on Classic and combat encounters range from could go sideways at any moment, to screwed from the start. I've followed every quest I can find and I'm usually under-levelled in every fight, and for boss encounters survival is only possible by taking advantage of keeping the boss talking with one character while the rest organize the battle area to my advantage. A couple of recent examples: Magister Reimond, I had to murder the outside guards (they don't fight back) and teleport out a 'victim' before entering his area to increase my survival, I was L13, baddies L16); Eternal Aeterna (me L13, baddies L14), yeah party wipe in 2 turns without me even getting a turn because we were all stunned by her initial volley of spells, had to teleport her to the other side of the map during conversation so I could deal with her on my own terms on my next try. My point is I don't like having to cheese fights like this to have any chance of surviving - I have no idea how anyone plays this on Tactical or Path of Honor!

Divinity:OS2DE… I definitely preferred D:OS to this. I'm playing on Classic and combat encounters range from could go sideways at any moment, to screwed from the start. I've followed every quest I can find and I'm usually under-levelled in every fight, and for boss encounters survival is only possible by taking advantage of keeping the boss talking with one character while the rest organize the battle area to my advantage. A couple of recent examples: Magister Reimond, I had to murder the outside guards (they don't fight back) and teleport out a 'victim' before entering his area to increase my survival, I was L13, baddies L16); Eternal Aeterna (me L13, baddies L14), yeah party wipe in 2 turns without me even getting a turn because we were all stunned by her initial volley of spells, had to teleport her to the other side of the map during conversation so I could deal with her on my own terms on my next try. My point is I don't like having to cheese fights like this to have any chance of surviving - I have no idea how anyone plays this on Tactical or Path of Honor!

Hrm, I am pretty much at the opposite end. Played on Tactician and also played DOS1 on hardest difficulty.
Divinity OS 2 had some really interesting and tricky fights. But from discussions I had afterwards I know that there are way easier solutions. Doesn't matter too much, I love the challenges and like to try around until I beat the encounter.

Divinity OS 1 was so incredibly easy on highest difficulty, that I set my own rules to not use health potions and special arrows just to make it a little bit harder. Didn't help much. I remember the only "interesting" I had which was against some elemental statues. I beat it...but I think this encounter wasnt intended to be beaten. ^^

The lack of difficulty was one of the biggest concern I had when backing DOS2.

Tried Stardew Valley again. I've given it several attempts over the years because i have some kind of notion that i like these types of games. Nope, doesn't click this time either.

What do you not like about it? You're one of the few people I've read who
doesn't like the game.

@Philistine; totally agree.. it's by far the most difficult RPG i've played, i quit when i got to the second island. Enemies are just way overpowered in comparison.. The fights were too much like a puzzle imo, very little freedom due to the extreme difficulty / puzzle nature of it.

Can't you just lower the difficulty setting?

Avadon 1 and Avernum 1 on Torment Difficulty are way more difficult btw. ^^

@Philistine totally agree.. it's by far the most difficult RPG i've played, i quit when i got to the second island. Enemies are just way overpowered in comparison.. The fights were too much like a puzzle imo, very little freedom due to the extreme difficulty / puzzle nature of it.
Feel the same way. I also hate the way various elements are used in every battle. I swear look there's water, oh no now have oil on the ground. Oh look were on fire.

Repeat that for most battles that drag on for over thirty minutes. If they use the same combat style for Baldur's Gate III I will be very disappointed, and vent my rage online.

Back
Top Bottom