Good Old Games - Free Gift

Dhruin

SasqWatch
GOG has announced people who were members before the relaunch furore will get a free copy of Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games as a gift:
Any user who created an account before we closed down the site and moved out of beta (that's September 20, 2010) will receive Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games for free! We'll be adding the game automatically to your accounts during the next days, so don't worry if the game is not yet there.

Of course, we're not forgetting about all those users who joined the GOG family in the last few weeks. Together with Strategy First we're launching a special promotion to offer their GOG catalogue at a 50% discount.

If you've been a part of GOG beta and you already bought Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games, please click here, as we have an alternative gift for you.

Thanks for being with us!
More information.

Yeah, not the best pick of alternatives either, but better than a kick in the face. I chose Sacred Gold.

They don't offer alternatives unless you bought D2 from them (rather than have it from somewhere else, like Steam). I'll see if they'll change their policy. Not holding my breathe...

Well, seems they are true to their word. I just checked my GOG.com account and Jagged Alliance : Deadly Games was added to my collection for free! Public Relations stunt or not, that's pretty cool of them.

I was expecting something like this from them. Beta users were left feeling a bit betrayed for a few days, and cut off from downloading their games (especially if they bought into the special deal that weekend).

As apologies go, they could have done much worse.

Works for me! (I forgave them as soon as they offered Planescape: Torment. ;))

Yeah, not the best pick of alternatives either, but better than a kick in the face.

If I was a masochist, I'd clearly prefer the kick into the face.

I was expecting something like this from them. Beta users were left feeling a bit betrayed for a few days, and cut off from downloading their games (especially if they bought into the special deal that weekend).

I agree. Maybe I'm a "half full" type of guy, but I don't expect companies to go more than saying "I'm sorry", so when they do, I appreciate it. So there I have a Jagged Alliance game in my GoG account I didn't have before :) not sure when I'll be ever able to play it, but maybe one day...

Nice. Plus they didn't forget to send me the email even though I wasn't part of the "beta". "Fuck you" was my reply to them, as being informed about not very interesting sale I was already aware of was not a good reason to tease me with a game I will not get from them.

Nice. Plus they didn't forget to send me the email even though I wasn't part of the "beta". "Fuck you" was my reply to them, as being informed about not very interesting sale I was already aware of was not a good reason to tease me with a game I will not get from them.

You lead one tough life, don't you ;)

There is "an alternative gift"…

Very much agreed. I had gotten JA:DG way back when ... so I grabbed Patrician III now.

I am trying to go back and download everything now. In my effort to support them I would buy stuff that looked interesting and only download when I planned to play.

Crap ... that reminds me I never downloaded Patrician III! :D

Back
Top Bottom