Hmmmm, Microsoft buying both Inxile and Obsidian...

Carnifex

SasqWatch
One of my friends from Canada just rang me, saying that Microsoft made it official and they are buying both Inxile and Obsidian. Not sure how he knows this or how accurate it is, but I've known him for quite some time and he's never fed me lies.

One of my friends from Canada just rang me, saying that Microsoft made it official and they are buying both Inxile and Obsidian. Not sure how he knows this or how accurate it is, but I've known him for quite some time and he's never fed me lies.
bqq6xUf.jpg

Link - https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/9vyof2/obsidian_has_been_acquired_by_microsoft_studios/
Link - https://www.engadget.com/2018/11/10/microsoft-studios-fallout-new-vegas-wasteland-obsidian-inxile/
Link - https://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/649425/microsoft-acquires-crpg-heavyweights-obsidian-inxile/

Yep, InXile and Obsidian both being bought out by Microsoft.

This will either be very fortuitous or a reason to play my backlog during the next decade of my life. Time will tell!

Let the pro/con speculation begin…. NOW:
Nothing but Pros as both devolvopers are in a bad shape. Obsidian is dealing with very poor sales of PoE2, and inXile's latest games are kickstarter flops in the last few years.

You have to wonder, with both studio purchases happening at the same time, if Fargo didn't have a small part to play in Obsidian's sale. He has always seemed more business-minded than his chum, Feargus.

Wonder what this means for Wasteland 3; it's still pretty early in production. ....or for Project Indiana - NOOooooooOooOOooooooo :(

It's getting to be time for a new console generation. I sure hope they aren't buying them up to make exclusives. (I have a hunch the developers are hoping the same thing.)

Come what may, though, even if both vanish into Redmond, never to be seen again, that will just make more room for the new kids on the block. As long as we keep waving our money around, I'm sure somebody will try to get it from us.

Goodbye of what is left of independence and innovation.
Play any Kingdom Come: Deliverance? Divinity? Mount & Blade? ELEX? Tower of Time?

I'm quite fearful that both of these former computer game producing powerhouses will now just be making console games. If so, let it be, fortunately these days some independents have truly stepped up to the plate.

Boy, am I glad they discontinued this Windows phone thingy...

I prefer thread titles that actually indicate the topic else it is just click bait about stuff already presented in another thread.
He was actually the first one to post the news then by me, and stingray in the PoE 2 news-bit from yesterday, then followed by Hidden X's news-bit a few minutes later.

Though I agree the title of the thread was misleading till I clicked on it.

Last edited:
I was so shocked when I received the call I literally was "hmmmming" in my head and out loud as I hovered over the keyboard.....so it seemed most appropriate. I was hesitant because it could have totally been for a laugh, but when I really considered the source, I had to say something. Just pondering it for so long probably delayed me a good ten minutes before I started typing.

nuff said.

Back
Top Bottom