Elden Ring - Leaked Gameplay Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports on a leaked gameplay trailer for Elden Ring.

It appears that a gameplay trailer for Elden Ring has been leaked online. Elden Ring is a new action-adventure RPG from the creators of the Dark Souls games, and below you can find an off-cam video showing 7 seconds from its leaked gameplay trailer.

[...]

More information.

Yeah - some gameplay that looks a bit like Dark Souls, from the maker of Dark Souls.

Yeah all I watched just reinforces Elden Ring is another Dark Souls. Most know I can't stand that genre of RPGs but this game was supposed to different then past games.

Still it's to early to tell anything about this game just rumors.

Agree but those few seconds show all I need to know.:cool:

Lets hope those rumors about it being a regular open world RPG are true. As I wont play another combat simulator with a hidden story told with clues. Not my cup of tea.

I don't know if it's a day 1 purchase for me, but I'm definitely interested in finding out more about it. I used to be a big fan of their King's Field series back in the day, and this looks like it could be similar in some ways.

From Software newsbit ... checked.
Information from Couch he doesnt like Dark Souls ... checked.
Second infofmation from Couch he doesnt like DS ... checked.
Waiting for third input... :-D just kidding

I like how From refines gameplay in their games. Every gameplay aspect has its place and I almost never havd feeling of some randomness. All strings connect at some point.

But Im very much intrigued to find out how coop wit Martin affects plot, story and world building, as from my point of view, that could use some new approach.

I'd prefer to comment on the real trailer because that quality is horrible. You really don't get a feel for the open world. What you can see is exactly Dark Souls combat. You got the backstab and the casting catalyst. There's a new Flail style weapon in there which could be cool. Also some DS2 style torch action going on. The horse is a horse, of course, of course. A Longsword and a hollow. Maybe its just the poor quality but I'm getting more of a DS2 vibe than a 3. No sign of multiplayer features.

Obviously a day 1 purchase for me but I'm still eager for more info and the high quality version of the trailer.

From Software newsbit … checked.
Information from Couch he doesnt like Dark Souls … checked.
Second infofmation from Couch he doesnt like DS … checked.
Waiting for third input… :-D just kidding
I aim to please but sorry aired out my grievances already.:p

So no wont be a third time.:biggrin:
Obviously a day 1 purchase for me but I'm still eager for more info and the high quality version of the trailer.
Early leaks suggests they will reveal more information on the game later this year. It also looks like a possible release date sometime in 2022-2023 due to developmental delays.

I was a bit disappointed with how similar this looked to Dark Souls, not that I don't love DS but I was expecting something a little more different. Just like Sekiro and Bloodbourne were different different from DS I thought Elden Ring would bring something new. Who knows this is just a crappy leaked trailer, too early to draw any conclusions really.

Word in the subreddit is that this is an internal trailer and an old one at that. Hopefully we'll get an official trailer soon :)

I don't know about you guys but I could really use a 3rd comment from Couch about how he doesn't like Souls-like games. Feels a bit vague on what his stance is right now, could use some more clarification ;)

Word in the subreddit is that this is an internal trailer and an old one at that. Hopefully we'll get an official trailer soon
It's supposed to be from a year old build of the game.:nod:
I don't know about you guys but I could really use a 3rd comment from Couch about how he doesn't like Souls-like games. Feels a bit vague on what his stance is right now, could use some more clarification
Nein I prefer to remain vague as it fits my posting style.:p

Not the most avid action RPG fan here, especially when the focus of the game is built around the gameplay, and not so much the writing/story, but the challenging gameplay of this kind of game always draws me to give them a try. As long as the theme remains in a western/dark fantasy setting… I can't stand the Niohs, the Sekiros, and all the asian spinoffs, and I can't tell why, I just can't get into them. Must be a cultural thing.

This thread has reminded me, I noticed while browsing another thread a few days ago that Sakichop has nuked his account Dart-style, and I seem to have somehow missed this. Or did I? Did something happen or did he just quietly slip away?

I say this because he was our no.1 expert on the From games so it was always nice to hear his thoughts in threads like this.

This thread has reminded me, I noticed while browsing another thread a few days ago that Sakichop has nuked his account Dart-style, and I seem to have somehow missed this. Or did I? Did something happen or did he just quietly slip away?

I say this because he was our no.1 expert on the From games so it was always nice to hear his thoughts in threads like this.
Dart always pops up and makes a new account, gets into a few debates, and always closes the the new account. I'm sure he'll be back in a few months again.

As for Sakichop don't know the reason one day the account was closed down.:(

I don't know about you guys but I could really use a 3rd comment from Couch about how he doesn't like Souls-like games. Feels a bit vague on what his stance is right now, could use some more clarification ;)
He's doing God's work, and God works slowly.

Something did happen, there was a thread where he got super mad over some posts. If I recall, they were being negative about a game/genre he liked. Then he had himself deleted.

Would be interesting to remember what the topic was, but it looks like it's pretty hard to find deleted posters' posts nowadays…

edit: I think it was this thread, see post #34:
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46140&page=2
Could be worse hills than Solasta to die on, I suppose.

Last edited:
I'm definitely a Dark Souls fan so I'm pretty curious about the game, though not enough to care about a brief leaked trailer. Hiring Martin to help out is an odd choice for a franchise that traditionally has no story, but maybe they are going to change that. There's really no reason why a soulslike game can't have a normal story, but it seems to have just become a tradition that they don't.

Sekiro was different and tried different things (focus on parrying, not ring-fenced bosses, better story telling, verticality), and it was beautiful but sufficiently hard and damaging to my wrist and arms (seriously) when using a controller (which I think is the best way to play these types of games).

The DS formula stagnated in my opinion and DS3 was terrible in my opinion and the only thing going for it was increased difficulty.

The only souls-like game that I really enjoyed significantly (albait short) and recently was Mortal shell. Not very hard nor easy, with fresh combat mechanics, beautifully realised world and environment and enemies, and convenient for my wrists!

The DS formula stagnated in my opinion and DS3 was terrible in my opinion and the only thing going for it was increased difficulty.

Cant agree about DS3. Per my opinion that is most refined souls game to the date and I loved every minute I spent with it. I also wouldnt consider it as more difficult then other souls games. I think that Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne and Sekiro were harder on me.

Back
Top Bottom