Divinity Rediscovering Divine Divinity…

Divine Divinity and Other games
The only thing I remember well is that the game opens up after you get through the first dungeon and sadly many players quit in the first dungeon.

Consider me one of those. :)
I really ought to give it a shot again, soon. Damn that backlog...

I remember playing that game for long time but I don't think I have ever finished it. It was nice little game though. Can't say the same thing about the second one.

I will have to replay the first one again.

I started a playthrough yesterday as a Warrior, and I'm really enjoying it so far. I don't know why I waited so long to go back to this game.

That first dungeon is massive.. and I'm loving every second of it. :)

Any tips for early-game characters?

Better late than never. :)

One of my favourite RPGs ever. Perfect mix of action&traditional RPGs.

:( u make me wanna play it again... i never finish it... i really liked it but somehow i got lost :)

and now.. how should i play it with my limited time and not lost track of it again !!!!!!!
oh... decisions

I remember playing that game for long time but I don't think I have ever finished it. It was nice little game though. Can't say the same thing about the second one.

I will have to replay the first one again.

You should definitely give it another try. I can't believe how much fun I'm having with it.

Btw: Beyond Divinity isn't a sequel to DD as I understand it, but rather more of a spin-off.

Yes. BD is rather "Divinity 1.5", so to say, assumed that Divinity 2 is "Divinity 2.0", so to say. ;)

DD1 is definitely one of the funnest RPGs I've played. Very forgiving about character development choices, good exploration and secrets to find, some tricky tactical combat (not a pure clickfest). However, managing that inventory is a bit of bitch, if you're a packrat. I remember a lot of fiddling there, hard to distinguish overlapping items. It was the beginning of the end for my eyesight. ;)

Drummers - go after them first! They buff their their colleagues.

You should definitely give it another try. I can't believe how much fun I'm having with it.

Btw: Beyond Divinity isn't a sequel to DD as I understand it, but rather more of a spin-off.

Going to play it again and then start DKS :) where did you get your copy pls? gog.com?

Drummers - go after them first! They buff their their colleagues.

If I remember correctly, the graphics artist responsible for them also "used" his idea in Spellforce 1 ...

I've been playing this as well and it's been pretty fun, but I think I'm at a dead end. I might have gone to Stormfist castle a bit too early because I'm in the cellars right now and I'm getting my butt kicked. There's no way to teleport out since that gnome or whatever it was took my teleporter stone. Oh well, I was getting tired of playing mage anyway (spamming frost + meteorstrike was getting boring). I might start over as a survivor, but I'm not looking forward to that first dungeon :/

Is the first dungeon very difficult with a survivor?

What's with items that give you a bonus to hearing? That stat doesn't appear in the status screen, and there's nothing about it in the manual. What does it do exactly?

Also, is there any way to free the soldiers in the military camp that get mind-controlled by those 3 wizards, or is killing them the only option?

What's with items that give you a bonus to hearing? That stat doesn't appear in the status screen, and there's nothing about it in the manual. What does it do exactly?

Also, is there any way to free the soldiers in the military camp that get mind-controlled by those 3 wizards, or is killing them the only option?
Well, hearing improves detecting enemies as a red dot on mini-map.
I thought there's no way to free them. But I saw the last post of this thread:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=438753
in Larian forums which says:
Actually, you meet one of the 3 wizards that cast the mind control spell later in the game, after which the effect will be gone. Until then there is no way to get help or inform anyone about the situation.

Last edited:
Well, hearing is like sighting. It improves detecting enemies as a red dot on mini-map.
I thought there's no way to free them. But I saw the last post of this thread: ( Some minor spoilers )
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=438753
in Larian forums which says if you don't kill the soldiers and then kill the wizards later in the game , they get free. Although you could use the XP you get from killing them.

On the Faq from GameBanshee they say :
http://www.gamebanshee.com/divinedivinity/locations/ferolsouthoverview.php
21 - Military Camp

When you walk far enough into the camp, three evil wizards named Cornelius, Josephina and Antx will take over the minds of the soldiers and turn them against you. There isn't any way to cure the soldiers, so go ahead and kill them all unless it makes you feel too guilty. You'll meet the three evil wizards again

I got DD last night and started to play for bit and the big thing I noticed was how some of these old top down 2D games have nice "charm" about them which is greatly lacking in some new 3D games. Can't put word on but it sort of felt "good" exploring the first village :)

Being playing D2 demo recently and it's nice to see how dungeon design from DD has transferred over to the D2. The dev must love candles!

I've been playing this for several hours now (Level 14). Tried to play it some years ago and only made it about this far. Boy do I miss pixel art! Game looks great. A couple oddities:
1. Windows 7 - for me *very* unstable until put in "XP SP3" Compatibility. Now it is rock stable.
2. Random untargetable Hostile Creatures. This is a tough one. So far only two creatures have become "untargetable" for right click spell attacks... a wasp and a boar. Its a very odd problem. Apparently, once this bug hits the creature is *forever* untargetable. For the Boar I ran away. I teleported away. I slept. I reloaded. Eventually I would reencounter the Boar. The way I was force to kill him was to aggro some orcs to help weaken the creature and then I went melee with my staff (I'm a very physically weak spell caster). Needless to say... if this bug hits on a tough creature I'm screwed!

Besides that I've encountered no bugs.

Just remember after you've finished the game, to enter your character into the RPGWatch Honour Roll that I created in the Divinity 2 thread.
We haven't got very many characters so far, so get to it you lazy heathens! :)

Will do ;). BTW I forgot one more anomaly I'm facing: Every once in a while my menu bar vanishes and gets replaced with 2 or 3 lines of crazed pixels. I have to save and reload (not exit the game thankfully). Stupid little oddities, nothing worrisome.

Will do ;). BTW I forgot one more anomaly I'm facing: Every once in a while my menu bar vanishes and gets replaced with 2 or 3 lines of crazed pixels. I have to save and reload (not exit the game thankfully). Stupid little oddities, nothing worrisome.

I had that too, and remember being confused by it. I think it happens when you right-click on it. Another right-click one those "lines" should bring it back, if I remember correctly.

Yes, that is a feature. Right clicking on the menu bar minimizes it to 3 lines (red for health, blue for mana and yellow for stamina); right clicking on the lines brings back the full menu bar.

In latest download version of the game (1.006) this feature was removed, since it caused more problems than it was worth, and is less useful with people playing at higher resolutions than when the game was first released.

And just for the heck of it, if anyone would like to discover DD with the GOG release, here is a gift code (first come, first serve): -redeemed-

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom