Dishonored - FAQ @ Bethblog

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Bethblog has kicked up a FAQ for Dishonored - you've got to love the inclusion of swimming and roof-climbing:
Q: What is the mission structure for the game? Is Dishonored an open world game?
A: Dishonored is a mission-based game, with each location a living, breathing place in the city. These places have distinct identities, but also feel like part of an integrated world. Each mission will take you to a set of sandbox areas with multiple pathways encouraging exploration, in terms of both physical space, player style and game mechanics powers. The game also features a central hub that you revisit between missions. Incidentally, one of our core values is world cohesion, so we think about who lives in each place and how the area functions, realistically.
Q: What about the gameplay? Is it a stealth game or a “run and gun” FPS?
A: “Play your way” is one of our sayings at Arkane. In Dishonored, you will be able to find and exploit your own play-style. Whether you prefer several flavors of stealth, trickery or direct combat, the player will be able to make gameplay style choices throughout the game, second to second. However, the game is tuned so that direct combat is intense.
Q: Tell us about the game’s perspective and the philosophy behind it.
A: The entire game is seen through the player-character’s eyes as he moves through the world. (Not sticky cover system or third-person camera cuts.) You have a range of movement options from first-person point of view, including lean, sprint, slide and mantle. In addition, you have the opportunity to gain improved physical abilities throughout the game through one of our three character upgrade systems. Swimming, hiding in shadows and getting up onto rooftops are part of the fun.
More information.

Rooftop climbing????

Okay I am now very interested in this project. BTW, it seems to me the mission based locations have a Deus Ex feeling. Deus Ex wasn't really open world but it still had a huge sense of player freedom.

Alrighty then, now I have a AAA title to look forward to after KOA.

Sounds more like Thief all the time. Getting so interested in this now.

After Levine and his Bioshock process, I've learned to be very sceptical about games trying too hard to be special - but if this turns out to be as great as it sounds right now, it could really bring these genres forward.

Back
Top Bottom