Baldur's Gate - Countdown!

Dhruin

SasqWatch
seems the site received so many hits that the server crashed. So the mystery will be over tomorrow.

If this doesn't turn out to what we really want, one thing all this excitement proves is that a modern Baldur's Gate if done right would do very well... The fans are itching for more!

Countdown for this is scheduled to hit the same day as the release of the new higher-resolution iPad. Certainly adds credibility to the idea that it may be an iPad port, with higher resolution graphics.

Yeah, it'll probably be an iOS release, which is good news for iOS gamers. A bit disappointing for PC gamers, I guess, if you expected something else.

better that than another webbrowser o,O'

I fixed it for you :(

As it will 99.99% be an iOS port.

And so we were issued forth with a remake and an iOS port.
And the peasants rejoiced!
*insert Monty Pythonesque/Clouds of Xeen-like* Yaaay.

I think it has to be more than just an ios port. I can't see any way this would work well on a 3.5" iphone screen. That means it would be limited to ipad owners. Then you have to widdle that down to ipad owners that would be interested in BG. Seems like a relatively small amount of potential customers When you compare it to how many pc gamers that would be interested.

If not they better be ready for some major backlash.

Its 11am where I'm at and still nothing. Coincidently, I started a new BG Tutu game. I recently bought the D&D Master Collection and since it's been so long since I last played, I decided to give it another go. BG is such a cool game! I just bought Mass Effect 3(Collector's Edition) nonetheless, and yet I find myself more interested in BG. I think that says a lot about the game as well the current generation of RPGs.

Announcement should be a few hours away and I'm hoping for a brand new game. If it's just a HD remake, then I hope they focus on making HD avatars, as that is one part of the game that could really use an overhaul...

The countdown is 3 hours european time (+1 hour GMT) now.

Wooooh! 30 minutes left! What's it gonna be, a Minsc spin-off game? Baldur's Gate: Miniature Space Hamsters in Space? So exciting!! ;)

(I'm gonna laugh so hard when they announce that a Baldur's Gate FPS/RPG hybrid has been in production for the last 6 months where you play Minsc with the help of your side-kick hamster and his special powers that you can upgrade to up to 5 slots!!)

Yeah, not getting much work done! This is worse than national signing day in college football!

And the site crashes and burns

Well, no surprise really. People should stop using timers as the end result always ends in frustration :)

Back
Top Bottom