Project Eternity - $2.4M

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Project Eternity has passed $2.4M, unlocking crafting and enchanting. Next step at $2.5M addes Barbarians and Ciphers:
Barbarians come from many of the more remote cultures found across the world. In the Dyrwood, they are commonly found among Glanfathan elf communities. They are distinguished from fighters by their recklessness, ferocity, and their predilection to substitute raw aggression for discipline. Barbarians are a challenge to deal with on a battlefield, though they are vulnerable to exhaustion if they don't pace themselves.
Ciphers are uncommon and often misunderstood individuals with extraordinary mental abilities. Like wizards and priests, they have many talents that draw directly from their souls, but ciphers have the unique ability to peer through the spiritual energy of the world to manipulate other souls. While wizards use complex formulae in large tomes and priests tap into the passion of their faith, ciphers are able to operate directly through the power of their minds... and yours.
More information.

Can anyone who is better at math than me estimate the chances of this thing hitting 2.6 million in the remaining days? I really want to believe it will, because I need that Adventurer's Hall, but it has certainly slowed down a bit.

Can anyone who is better at math than me estimate the chances of this thing hitting 2.6 million in the remaining days? I really want to believe it will, because I need that Adventurer's Hall, but it has certainly slowed down a bit.
Don't worry, chances are 100% considering the traditional Kickstarter trends and additional PayPal pledges.

Look here to see how the Kickstarter develops over time and compare it with previous projects.

Wasteland 2 got about 61.000 backers I think, I would be surprised if PE doesn't get about the same. They're appealing to the same audience I think. (That audience including me. 2014 is looking like a wonderful year...)

So I would guess around 3 mil or even a couple of hundred K's more. Anyone want to start betting on the outcome?

Are they going to count the paypal backers?

Wasteland 2 got about 61.000 backers I think, I would be surprised if PE doesn't get about the same. They're appealing to the same audience I think. (That audience including me. 2014 is looking like a wonderful year…)

So I would guess around 3 mil or even a couple of hundred K's more. Anyone want to start betting on the outcome?

~70k backers and about 3.3 millions. Project Eternity is following Double Fine Adventure in term of pledging. It also have more backers then Wasteland for the same time period.

Are they going to count the paypal backers?

Yes, last night the total were 650 backers and ~$30k.

Don't worry, chances are 100% considering the traditional Kickstarter trends and additional PayPal pledges.

Look here to see how the Kickstarter develops over time and compare it with previous projects.
Ah yes, I remember seeing that website once before, but I couldn't remember the name. That's reassuring; thanks.

I wonder if it will really beat Wasteland 2… I always figured it would, since it seems like a more mainstream pitch.

I wonder if it will really beat Wasteland 2… I always figured it would, since it seems like a more mainstream pitch.

It's going to beat Wasteland 2...unless people all remove their pledge until the end.

Although, while it is more "mainstream", lots of people put "all" their money in Wasteland 2 (or other Kickstarters) and don't have much left for PE. You might go for the $140 or $250 tier for one Kickstarter, but you are probably not going to do it for all the Kickstarter you pledge to.

^ Yup, a lot of people are already tapped out… How many people can keep throwing $250+ pledges at every big name project? Future "old school" RPG projects might be better served waiting for the first wave of prior projects to show demonstrable progress and/or be near completion. At this rate there could very well be high dollar donor fatigue going forward, IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in for $250 yet again(WL2 previously)… But at this point it would take a miraculous dream team stacked campaign to squeeze another $250 out of me.

Anyhoo, I'm guessing $3 to $3.3 million for a final total.

I'm guessing $3.3+

They're going to add tiers for an expansion they plan to release several months down, before the end. We'll see a lot of people jumping up for that.

It can get well over $3.5M if they're playing their cards right in the last few days. Wasteland 2, Double Fine Adventure and Shadowrun Returns all got a shitload of money in the final push and even smaller projects got some really good returns on that.

Source: [1], [2] , [3] , [4] , [5] , and especially [6]

You can easily get between 20% and 50% of your total cash in the last 96 hours.

It can get well over $3.5M if they're playing their cards right in the last few days…

It is not that I doubt such a possibility exists, there may even be a strong likelihood… I simply prefer to guess low so that if and when I'm wrong it is a pleasant surprise.

@ darkling, I had no clue an expansion as a tier was already being discussed! Thanks for the heads up.

^ Yup, a lot of people are already tapped out… How many people can keep throwing $250+ pledges at every big name project? Future "old school" RPG projects might be better served waiting for the first wave of prior projects to show demonstrable progress and/or be near completion. At this rate there could very well be high dollar donor fatigue going forward, IMO.
Agreed. I pledged $100 for WL2 and $140 for P:E. Wish I could pledge even more, but I don't have that much free cash to spend on gaming dreams.

Which is why I'm still waiting for more info on the "Old-School RPG by Brenda Brathwaite and Tom Hall" before I toss some money in that pot… and I don't think it will be as much this time.

But I can understand why they want to jump on the Kickstarter bandwagon while it's still pretty hot. Waiting too long is also a risk.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in for $250 yet again(WL2 previously)… But at this point it would take a miraculous dream team stacked campaign to squeeze another $250 out of me.

Wow, I'm amazed by you dedication (or your yearly income is just a lot higher than mine. ;)) I tend to not go into the upper tiers. Sure, if I wanted to back just one game that's what I would do. But so far I've backed SR2, PE, The banner Saga, WL2, Dead State, Expedition:Conquistador AND Xenonauts. I tend to pay the minimum that gets me a digital copy on interesting projects, and some more on the ones I really really want to succeed (so far PE, WL2, Dead State, Shadowrun and E:C. Oh wait, that's actually more than minimum on most of them. Oops).

On the other hand, if only one or two of those delivers like I hope, it will be well worth the couple of hundred $ I've pledged on Kickstarter.

Wow, I'm amazed by you dedication (or your yearly income is just a lot higher than mine. ;)) I tend to not go into the upper tiers. Sure, if I wanted to back just one game that's what I would do. But so far I've backed SR2, PE, The banner Saga, WL2, Dead State, Expedition:Conquistador AND Xenonauts. I tend to pay the minimum that gets me a digital copy on interesting projects, and some more on the ones I really really want to succeed (so far PE, WL2, Dead State, Shadowrun and E:C. Oh wait, that's actually more than minimum on most of them. Oops).

On the other hand, if only one or two of those delivers like I hope, it will be well worth the couple of hundred $ I've pledged on Kickstarter.

TBH, I've only pledged the minimum to some of the other projects that piqued my interest so it averages out to be ~$80 per game(my annual income is adequate and my cost of living rather low, so I can splurge on various toys and hobbies every once in a while :)) … What can I say, I'm a sucker for stuff like a signed CE, cloth map and hardback collectors book.

Back
Top Bottom