Greedfall - Was it a Success?

Don't know if it was a huge success but the publisher is happy.

GreedFall - "Call to Adventure" Trailer

GreedFall celebrates strong reception with new trailer and end of the year discounts! GreedFall stormed into players’ hearts and minds with its release earlier this year, marking itself as an RPG to be remembered. With reviewers praising its “intriguing world” and “inventive” quest design,

Spiders Studio have proved their ability to craft a spellbinding game. Get a taste of the overwhelming response in today’s new Call to Adventure trailer. With its deep RPG mechanics, impactful decision making, and compelling companion characters, GreedFall has reminded players of the sense of wonder and adventure that can be found in this most beloved of genres. As one reviewer put it, GreedFall is an “RPG fans owe it to themselves to try”.

I have no idea about it's commercial performance, but the game is awsome.

It definetly didn't dethrone Candy Crush Soda, a phonejunk that made 2 billions of $ since it was released.
We're living in times where garbage outsells art.

It was a success to me. I really enjoyed the game so much. It was very different to me from most games I play. Unique setting and story. Overall my GOTY.

I enjoyed it quite a bit. I hope it sold well.

The guy did a 4 minute video, basically to show us one sentence published by another media outlet?

10 years ago, a game like Greedfall would have been a day 1 purchase for me. But there are just too many games now (it's a good problem to have) and I only have so much time. It's on my list, but I can't realistically say I'll ever get to it.

but the publisher is happy.
Isn't that all that matters? :heart:

Ah… screw it, no. I hope they earned a fucking huge pile of cold hard cash so they can work their asses off to make the next awesome RPG for me. I don't care for their happiness.

I'm playing Greedfall right now and having a lot of fun with it. I picked up Outer Worlds, RDR2, and Greedfall all at the same time just in the past 30 days, and while I enjoyed Outer Worlds for a short little 30 hour adventure, Greedfall is the game that I am spending the most time with by far. It has a certain heart and soul to it that a lot of CRPGs don't seem to have anymore, and I'm loving it. RDR2 is fine for what it is, which is a highly polished Westworld simulator but Greedfall actually really does remind me of the old Bioware RPGs in their heyday.

I'm really glad I took a chance and picked it up on a Steam sale. It was a good pick for me.

High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern
Isn't that all that matters? :heart:

Ah… screw it, no. I hope they earned a fucking huge pile of cold hard cash so they can work their asses off to make the next awesome RPG for me. I don't care for their happiness.
Agree as long as Focus keeps funding Spiders to make better RPGs for more years I'm happy for them & me. Though would be nice to see how many copies were sold.

I have no idea about it's commercial performance, but the game is awsome.

It definetly didn't dethrone Candy Crush Soda, a phonejunk that made 2 billions of $ since it was released.
We're living in times where garbage outsells art.
'
We're also living in times when "art" is literally garbage (in the form of a banana duct taped to a wall)

Also playing this now. I really hope its a financial success as I think their games get better and better with each release.

I'd say Greedfall is better than technomacer in every way. Story, combat, character progression all much improved. They could still work on presentation, especially lip sync, but those are minor quibbles imo.

Either if it wasn't a commercial success, it showed an improvement in the devs skills. Each game was better executed: Mars War Logs, Technomancer, Bound by Flame and now Greedfall. Clearly, the devs are getting better at delivering a more polished product.

I'm sure it was a success but it's not a game I'm interested in. I just don't like Spiders games very much.

I'm sure it was a success but it's not a game I'm interested in. I just don't like Spiders games very much.
Yep I find people either love or hate the Spiders RPG formula. One plus in their favor is each game keeps getting better, and I always enjoy every game they release.:)

Last edited:
Motion sickness says I can't play Greedfall sigh.
Wasn't as bad as past games. One example I still remember was playing the Risen games. The camera and combat was worse. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the games.

Anyway yeah I agree about Motion sicknesses I felt that way playing for a while.

Weird, the only motion sickness I ever got from gaming was the first time playing Skyrim VR. It goes away after awhile though and doesn't come back, hence the term VR sealegs. I didn't know you could get motion sickness from a typical video game. Sorry to hear for you blobby and couch.

Yep I find people either love or hate the Spiders RRG formula.
I don't think that Spiders games are an exception here. For every game there are lovers, haters and for the most part something in between.

When you read the threads about the game here most watchers say positive and negative things about Greedfall.

Back
Top Bottom