Broken Roads - Reveal Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Broken Roads is an upcoming post-apocalyptic isometric RPG from Australian indie studio Drop Bear Bytes.

Broken Roads is the upcoming debut title from Australian indie studio Drop Bear Bytes. Born of a love for traditional computer role-playing, Broken Roads provides a rich, engaging narrative in which players make their way across a desolated Australia. Blending together traditional and all-new role-playing elements on top of a classless system offering unlimited character development options, Broken Roads presents players with an original morality system: the Moral Compass. This novel design sees dialogue options and questing decisions influence, and be influenced by, a character's philosophical leaning.

Features:

• All-new post-apocalyptic setting

• Unique morality system influencing dialogue, quests and character development

• Authentic Australian locations and environments

• Blend of traditional and original RPG mechanics

• Up to 6 party members

• Turn-based tactical combat

• Hand-drawn artwork

• A content-rich and densely-crafted world

More information.

Australian? I bet it's rated E (everyone).

Ah well, won't be the first kindergarden story I'm gonna buy on an impulse then wait for some nude mod at least. Not that it'll matter for such tiny sprites. :D

Whenever it gets released, expect me to pick up the choices pointed on the pic (edited partial ingame screenshot):

pic.jpg

:evilgrin:

Australian? I bet it's rated E (everyone).

Ah well, won't be the first kindergarden story I'm gonna buy on an impulse then wait for some nude mod at least. Not that it'll matter for such tiny sprites. :D

Whenever it gets released, expect me to pick up the choices pointed on the pic (edited partial ingame screenshot):

pic.jpg

:evilgrin:

The only thing that confuses me about this game is saying its post-apocalyptic Australia. Isn't that regular Australia? ;)

Looks quite cool. Graphics and style of the game look very close to grimshade.

Will definitely keep an eye on that one.

Looks interesting, I'll keep an eye out as well. But estimated release of 2021 seems so far away. Hopefully it comes out before the actual apocalypse.

Hey now mate don't be picking on those smooth criminals down under.;)

The trailer looks good so will be keeping an eye out for this when it comes out.

Your right. They are too slick for me. :lol:
"You've been hit by—You've been struck by—A Smooth Criminal!"

Never ever give your game a title that has negative words in it and could be read
BROKEN PROMISES

Hey all - Broken Roads lead dev checking in. Thanks for all the comments and the interest so far!

Happy to answer any questions you may have (with of course the caveat that if you dig too deep, you'll likely get a lot of "we just don't know yet" or "it's too early to say" :) ) - we are only in pre-alpha right now.

Thanks!

Okay lemme try a few hard ones, hopefully not too deep:

- will modding be supported?
- can we please have an actual australian voiceover if there will be any? ;)
- is Cleve Blakemore in the dev team? :)

- will modding be supported?
I'd like this to be the case. The lead dev is also a fan. Right now I don't see why not, but I also know that things happen and if it turns out we can't for whatever reason, hey, I was up front about that here.

- can we please have an actual australian voiceover if there will be any?
Yes. All of it. The trailer's VO artist has introduced us to some great talent already.

- is Cleve Blakemore in the dev team?
No. But if you're reading this, Cleve, send me a message.

Back
Top Bottom