Jagged Alliance: Crossfire - Arriving September

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Kalypso announces the standalone expansion Jagged Alliance: Crossfire will launch in September:
Grab Your Guns! Jagged Alliance: Crossfire Arriving in September
Ridgewood, NJ, August 1, 2012 - It's time to put a team and a plan together and get ready to hit the battlefield, as Kalypso Media USA will release Jagged Alliance: Crossfire, the tactical military RPG, this September. Jagged Alliance: Crossfire is a stand-alone expansion to Jagged Alliance: Back in Action, and features all new maps, mercs and missions to challenge players' tactical prowess. Hire and equip new teams of mercenaries, drop them into the snow-swept landscapes of the fictional nation of Khanpaa, and put two rounds in the faces of the oppressors of the people.

Jagged Alliance: Crossfire is a stand-alone expansion to the hit tactical RPG Jagged Alliance: Back in Action. Crossfire adds new mercenaries, new environments and new weapons to challenge the player's battlefield planning skills, while offering a combination of humorous dialog and realistic combat that fans have come to expect from the series' decade-long history.

Khanpaa, a peaceful and tranquil nation, is being held in the terrifying iron grip of a group of paid mercenaries…yet the United Nations looks the other way. UN ambassador Behnam Atiqullah tries to help his home country, but there is not much he can do. Military intervention from a major world power seems not to be an option and Khanpaa appears all alone…

That’s where you come in! As the strategic genius behind your own personal Private Military Corporation, you’ve offered to help by bringing in your team of skilled mercenaries to retake the tormented nation of Khanpaa! Help the oppressed people by hiring a team of hardened guns-for-hire and prepare for battle in treacherously frozen mountain badlands. Along the way, discover why Khanpaa has been turned into a bloody battlefield and who aims to truly profit.
More information.

...humorous dialog...

I think not! Somebody needs to break the news to the Germans that the harder they try to be funny, the less people laugh. I enjoyed BIA which seems to be blasphemy for an old JA fan like me, but the humor of the old series seems was sorely missed. Still looking forward to this expansion, though. Hopefully they'll figure out what the graphics performance is so bad on even good hardware, and they can free up the camera.

I've given them the benefit of the doubt and its that the german humor does not translate to english well. I've heard the reverse is true with things like TV programs. Fortunately, I dont play these games for the dialog but yes it it would be grand to have sirtech back the helm.

The 1.13 patch improved JA:BiA a lot. The flow is much better with group inventory and less micromanagement.

And yes, there are a couple of mods out which apparently make it more attractive for advanced players.

I don't think JA:BiA is flawed. It's just not TB and was a bit oversimplified in terms of little things which add atmosphere.

The game has few bugs, a good combat system and works as designed. Maybe it doesn't suit your taste, but that doesn't mean something is wrong with it.

Nothing in the OP seems to address the huge lacks of the game: the strategical side, which is reduced to nearly nothing.

The tactical system is quite solid and would require only a few additional features to be very strong.

The lack of strategical depth kills the game though, bringing no pressure in pushing for different tactics.

As long as they do nothing to bring strategy to the game, which would pass through the strategical map, the game will only be a promise on its own.

Back
Top Bottom