What games are you playing now?

Yeah, I downloaded them both just to see and the DKS version has two sets of armor, that I can't wear yet, in my starting inventory. My guess is that this was a pre-order bonus of some kind. I'm only in the catacombs in DD, so I've got a hundred hours at least before DKS calls on my heroette.

Weird.. I don't remember having those, but it's been a long time since I've played DKS. You should google those armors. I bet you can just use the console to get them in the DC. I personally hate starting an RPG with extra gear though.

Still need to play DKS sometime.

It's a classic. One of the best soundtracks you'll ever hear in a game.

Hearing that makes me want to replay DKS :). I wish I had more time for gaming right now. I'll have some time for ELEX but that's about it.

My personal favorite is Sentinel Island.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkI448OFNec

I didn't even know that Kirill Pokrovsky had passed away, and he was only 53. I wonder what caused it.

Who composed the soundtrack for D:OS 2? How does it compare to to Larian's other titles?

Who composed the soundtrack for D:OS 2? How does it compare to to Larian's other titles?

Still very good, but the tracks don't stick the same way. I'm not likely to be humming them later on.

Still playing Dungeons of Chaos, just got into chapter three and things are ramping up, difficulty-wise. Really a good game, if you care for the goldbox and knights of chalice looks/play, you'd most likely enjoy this one.

Still chugging through D:OS 2. Between my tendency to become distracted and obsessing over every square inch of the game, I'd almost say this game is *too* long. Still in act 2 after 2 weeks of play.

Enjoyable though.

Did the Railroad beating the Institute and BoS ending in FO4. "So much killing".

Onto the BoS ending.

I'm hoping the final choice with siding with the Minutemen allows me to keep the BoS and Railroad around without too much backtracking in my save files.

Aha! I'm playing Divine Divinity, just ran into the existential skeletons…briefly.

Yes, I liked them a lot, too ! :D

Besides, Larian has the great tradition to name in-game characters after forum members !
Not the other way round, mind you ! ;)

Yeah, I downloaded them both just to see and the DKS version has two sets of armor, that I can't wear yet, in my starting inventory. My guess is that this was a pre-order bonus of some kind. I'm only in the catacombs in DD, so I've got a hundred hours at least before DKS calls on my heroette.

Yes, there were a few pre-order bonus items, I think I remember one from Amazon, too. But that's so long ago … Edit : I was thinking of Divinity 2. Don't know about DD.

I actually finished DD twice. The first time was about 3 years from start to end (I remember finding a bug and emailing support@larian and getting a fresh patch the next day - hum maybe it was 2 days later?) (in the same email i complained about the graphics because I wanted higher resolution (more detailed) textures - but they didn't add that :) )
-
The second time was a few years ago (3?); after they added wide screen support. Doubt I will play it again unless they port it to D:OS engine. Conversely I really liked DkS but I think i said that already :).

Fallout 4

Well I tried to do the BoS quests without killing the Railroad but it didn't work. About done with the techno Nazis. The Mass Fusion building was more fun this around fighting hordes of synths.

ELEX. It's decent so far, 1h in. Fighting is terrible as always, exploring is fun and more dangerous than any other game i've ever played i think. Love the jet pack, it's perfect for these types of games. Getting the PB vibe for sure.

ELEX. It's decent so far, 1h in. Fighting is terrible as always, exploring is fun and more dangerous than any other game i've ever played i think. Love the jet pack, it's perfect for these types of games. Getting the PB vibe for sure.

I'm liking it so far as well, but I'm not sure about the jetpack. It's neat, but I feel like maybe it should have been something we got later in the game instead of at the very beginning.

I don't like the jetpack's doublespace/hold mechanics but am not sure how to rebind it. But I can't agree with JDR on it as there is a nice loot spot to hover up on early ruins sidequest (exit). Can't lockpick the chest there though, it needs level 2 and I have it only on level 1 from early amulet.

Anyway, where is Elex early impressions thread? I don't want to spam about it in here.

I'm liking it so far as well, but I'm not sure about the jetpack. It's neat, but I feel like maybe it should have been something we got later in the game instead of at the very beginning.

Yes, it would have been much more fulfilling for the player.. maybe a quest to look for the parts to it. Odd design choice imo.

Back
Top Bottom