Risen 2 Risen 2 (not performance!) bugs

Replaying under the patch on inquisition track… Things that existed on Antigua are still there after the patch (none is critical however):
1. Wilson opens up the store once you do him a favor, but as soon you see (and buy perhaps) something in it, you can't access it any more. Doing him a second favor won't help. Two possible favors to open up his store only one time for whatever reason are setting him a meeting with the slut and retrieving his pistol back. In any case if you sell him something, you won't be able to buy it back ever again.
2. The slut mentioned in previous part behaves always like you have Patty in your party. Some dialogues got mixed up there.
3. When you grab the sceptre on the wall in Wilson's home (above him) you hear a voice curses you for doing it, but there is noone nearby nor anyone can actually see you. Is there an invisible NPC nearby? Not very likely as you don't hear any objections for looting other stuff in the room.
4. This probably isn't a bug but still... While getting the legendary item with the monkey, you may spot there is a hole (a plank missing) on the floor. But your monkey can't drop through that hole in your hero's hands although the hole looks wider than the monkey. It's possible that there is glass that covers that hole and prevents the monkey from falling down, but somehow I don't believe there is.

A note to myself - I remember buying a permapotion recipe in the town, but it's not available in my rerun. However I bought that one after I cleared the area and then returned and got Rick's quest so it's possible that the store refreshes after The Isle of Thieves just like mobs respawn, so I just have to check it out before adding this to the list.

I appear to be screwed - I am 'forced' to reveal that I know Garcia's identity, in the camp, and everyone goes hostile when he attacks me. I took Angus to the base camp, am,using muskets/sword only and do not have any voodoo skills. So, what do I do, besides trying again and again to survive being attacked by the entire village? I do not have a recent saved game (that I can find). Is there a way top use a console cheat to force the quest to move Garcia elsewhere? Can I make myself invulnerable? What?

A friend of mine was stuck in that same situation. He eventually overcame it by going into one of the huts so that Garcia and his men had to attack one at a time. Once you kill Garcia, the villagers should stop being aggro.

A friend of mine was stuck in that same situation. He eventually overcame it by going into one of the huts so that Garcia and his men had to attack one at a time. Once you kill Garcia, the villagers should stop being aggro.

I managed to kill Garcia in his hut, but some of the others saw me and then everyone went hostile. I have a minion with me, but they did not last long. I'll have to keep on trying I guess.

Have you tried talking to the Voodoo Shaman outside of the village? I think that if you discuss with him that Corrientes = Garcia then Garcia gets moved to the temple and you never have to fight anyone in the village. At least that's how it worked for me, I believe... I'm not sure what exactly it was that triggered Garcia to be moved to the temple but it could've been the dialogue with the Shaman. Alternatively, you could try to finish each and every village quest first. Then go to the Shaman and talk to him about Corrientes/Garcia. I saved the main quest progression for last and didn't even enter Garcia's tent until I was finished with the village quests. There is definitely a non-violent way. Keep trying :) .

I was hit by the same bug, talked to some people and it seems to be a frequent one. No conversation with the shaman or any NPC whatsoever will help. At this stage the ridiculous fight is mandatory. [edit: IF YOU TOOK THE DESERTER TO THE COAST AND WENT BACK TO THE VILLAGE BEFORE DISCOVERING THE WALL OF FLAMES AND TALKING TO THE SHAMAN.] And apparently you lose a plot-related cutscene in the temple. I'm saying "apparently" because the bug was enough to stop me from playing. Being idiotically forced to fight a whole village of natives (why do they attack the right hand of their future leader?) + a handful of inquisition soldiers was too much.

… I wanted to order the inquisition soldiers to attack themselves with voodoo, but the game crashed twice when I did it. I'm waiting for a patch to continue playing.

Last edited:
IIRC if you found the entrance to the temple and tell that to shaman after rescuing the deserter, then don't go to the village but proceed towards the temple entrance (cave) - Garcia should be there.

Dunno if I posted it here, but there are three ways of unintentional turning the whole village on you which seems illogical, unrealistic and totally different design (fail?) from the rest of the game. I've also reported those as a bug on the official Risen2 forum.

Well, I did try exactly that, and it didn't help. Still, I hope it works for you ;) I edited my above post for clarity.

Do you have voodoo? I described the bug earlier in this thread I believe. You can use voodoo to mind control people into attacking each other without being blamed, so you can get Garcia's sidekicks to kill him without anyone attacking you.

Well:

1) I could get Scarpetta to kill Garcia inside the tent. But he attacks me then (right after delivering the killing blow) and everyone else does too, since during the fight the two always seem to get out of the tent (or anyway near the exit, where the other soldiers can see them).

2) If I run away, when I go back everyone is hostile. I tried to voodoo-control the soldiers, but my game crashes to desktop when I do this. (Tried a few times.)

Last edited:
You need to get someone to kill Scarpetta, he's actually the trigger to get everyone hostile - not Garcia. He's also a lot tougher than Garcia, so be sure to mind control more people into attacking him.

For example start out by getting Scarpetta to attack Garcia. That will occupy them both. Then get the natives to attack Scarpetta by mind controlling them one by one.

After that, Garcia shouldn't pose much of a threat.

That bug of yours is worrying though - I never had any problems mind controlling the soldiers.

Well, tried talking to the Shaman, and visitingt he wall of fire - no difference. Garcia is still there and the whole village still goes hostile. This is a game breaker. I suppose I'll have to figure out how to slaughter everyone.

@Maylander: Oh, Scarpetta is the trigger. That's valuable information, thanks! Maybe I'll try reloading and trying the "have Scarpetta fight Garcia and then lure more people in to fight Scarpetta" method, although won't the natives become hostile to me after they kill Scarpetta? (Scarpetta turns hostile to me once he kills Garcia.)

That really was a game-breaking bug for me.

although won't the natives become hostile to me after they kill Scarpetta? (Scarpetta turns hostile to me once he kills Garcia.)

The villagers should return to normal after Garcia and Scarpetta are dead. If they're still aggro afterwards, try leaving the area and returning a short time later.

Basically, if you have discovered that Garcia is who he is before getting the blood from the shaman, you're screwed. You need to do it the hard way and somehow kill Garcia in the camp.

The only realistic way to do that is the way I've described - get Scarpetta out of the way with voodoo by tricking him and others into a fight. Once he's out of the way, dealing with Garcia shouldn't cause any trouble or get people to attack you. If Scarpetta is still alive when Garcia is killed, the whole camp will turn on you.

If you don't have voodoo, you need to somehow lure Garcia out of the camp I suppose, but that task sounds rather tedious.

I was screwed indeed…so I cheated ;-) I'm too old to feel I *have* to defeat all the baddies by myself, particularly here when it was essentially a quest bug. I tried luring them out, but after I killed 1 or 2, fled, then came back, Garcia refused to talk to me (and thus would not go hostile, in a quest sense). In the end I tried again: I turned on a cheat and butchered all the pirates. Voila! Other than that I've had no real quest issues.

I think I will have to resort to cheating, too. If I use voodoo to make someone attack Scarpetta all the surrounding people go hostile and I can't seem to be able to do this without someone looking...

Hmm, sounds odd.

How about getting Scarpetta to attack Garcia, and then helping Garcia? Just give Scarpetta a good whack (power attack) every now and then. If I recall correctly, Garcia should hit him at least twice for every one of your attacks, or Scarpetta will attack you instead.

Back
Top Bottom