Battle Brothers - More Things

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new dev blog for Battle Brothers titled 'More Things'.

The ‘Beasts & Exploration' DLC is set to release on the 29th of this month with a bunch of cool features that you can learn about here. That's great, but there's actually even more coming than covered by this feature list. Let's take a look at some smaller things that come with the DLC and which we haven't talked about yet.

The Beast Slayer

There's a new character background in town: The Beast Slayer. Experienced in both melee and ranged combat against beastly opponents and monstrous adversaries, the beast slayer is a versatile background similar to the sellsword, but more affordable. Of course, he comes with his own events and interactions with other backgrounds, and some expert knowledge on beasts and their lore to share with you.

Wage Changes

There's several changes incoming on how wages for characters work, so let's break them down.

First off, the base wage for a couple of backgrounds has been adjusted to be more in line with their actual worth as defined by how often they're picked by players. In addition, every individual character now has a certain idea on how much they want to get paid - there's a small random factor on the daily wage demands of all characters, and so you'll find cheaper and more expensive recruits also within the same background, and even if they don't have the ‘Greedy' trait.

Finally, the wage progression has changed. While previously you paid 2 additional crowns per character level, you'll now pay a cumulative 10% of a character's base wage for every level after the first and until the 11th, and then 5% of a character's base wage for every level afterwards. In effect, there's less wage pressure in the beginning, which gives you more leeway to actually explore the world earlier and find all those new beasts and locations. Low tier backgrounds have also become cheaper to employ in the long term, but high tier backgrounds have become significantly more expensive to keep around if they reach veteran levels, which gives you more of a reason to diversify your company composition in long campaigns.

New Named Weapons

As you've previously learned, the DLC will introduce a bunch of new weapons. People have been asking about whether there'll be named variants of those weapons as well - and the answer is yes, of course. Take a look!

New Armor

It's not just new weapons, it's also stylish new armor, all of which can be further customized with the new armor attachment system. We're filling some gaps in the armor progression, and we're also introducing some high tier light armor as part of a larger effort to make light and medium armor more of a viable choice for some character builds.

Join us again next week to learn about even more changes and additions of the upcoming DLC and the accompanying free update to Battle Brothers!
More information.

You don't need a story. You have your...
giphy.gif

You don't need a story. You have your…
giphy.gif
Bah I lost my imagination as an adult.:p

That's why story or narrative is important in games for us imaginative disabled.

I just refunded this game on Steam (first ever refund). Had it on my wish list for over a year. It is brutally difficult. I'll stick with Low Magic Age for now.

Sounds like they're making the beginning of the game a bit easier by reducing salaries at the start. But watching your favorite character's head getting chopped off after his helmet breaks is half the fun. :)

It doesn't hold your hands much, but I never found it overly difficult. Good idea to test some things out though before committing, at least when and where you can along the way.

Sounds like they're making the beginning of the game a bit easier by reducing salaries at the start.
And increasing the wages for veteran. Good idea! Let's see how they'll balance that.

I have two high level knights, two sellswords and one swordmaster in my team right now, and they cost me virtually nothing… :-/

But watching your favorite character's head getting chopped off after his helmet breaks is half the fun. :)
"Losing is fun."

Half of my men have only one eye or nine fingers left, I like them even more!

I just refunded this game on Steam (first ever refund). Had it on my wish list for over a year. It is brutally difficult. I'll stick with Low Magic Age for now.
Play with beginner difficulty, no shame! It's already unforgiving…

I usually cheat on this game to make it fun. Creative Re-Direction I call it. Giving my newbies named weapons and gear - possessions of my past parties - and then see how they fare. Not much better. Then I give them more action points and more stars to develop, but not too much. Make them an exceptionally talented bunch, each one in a million. Replace their sucky traits with non-negative traits.. Dunno about the last. They say fun events come from bad traits, but I have seen some.

All this to make this magicless game less boring and less of a soul-draining, less of a complete masochistic, player-torturing, player-mindFCKing drag.

Then there is a LACK OF MAGIC USERS in the game. My favorite fireball is never getting cast. :( :(

This is why I adore Dark Quest I-II. Amazingly beautiful games with spells, masterfully skilled graphics and super-awesome MUSIC!!

Trying to not play a new campaign while I wait for the DLC. I'm ready for a new adventure in this unforgiving world.

This is why I adore Dark Quest I-II. Amazingly beautiful games with spells, masterfully skilled graphics and super-awesome MUSIC!!
Dark Quest are cool games but they focus on dungeoneering. Battle Brothers focus on large outdoor battles ( and on brothers!).
Not exactlty the same deal.

As for magic, it's for heretics. You shall burn in your own favourite fireball!:devilish:

some levels are HARD !!
What are your main 3 characters in DQ2 ?

That's what I did! Beginner difficulty. Still too hard for me.
Happy to provide some tips
I remember the first time I tried was way too hard but then I learnt how to do things and it became fun.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

That's what I did! Beginner difficulty. Still too hard for me.

Best advice early on is give most of your brothers spears and shields. Also, get a second archer early on or crossbowman.

Set up spearwalls and let your shooters weaken the enemy and then stab the bastards with the spears :) This works great early but doesn't work so great later on but you just want to survive at the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom