Star Wars Battlefront Beta

So, anyone excited about the Battlefront beta starting this Friday? They'll open pre-loading the beta client on Thursday, and the beta will start on Friday going for 4 days. I wonder how it will hold on load. And I hope plenty of people will make it into the game to push the infrastructure as hard as possible, to avoid the usual Battlefield launch issues.

Anyways, I've looked at a couple of the gameplay videos, and it looks sleek as hell. Apparently there was a release of beta footage yesterday, and we've got plenty of new info. Take a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4rGUUfQ7sE
http://www.dsogaming.com/videotrail...emerges-including-luke-vs-darth-vader-battle/

Is it open beta?

I've never really played these Battlefront games - but I'll check it out if I can. I'm not sure how it sets itself apart from Battlefield, except for the SW theme - but I'm curious.

I've watched a few gameplay videos, and indeed, it does look slick. Kinda sad there's no single player campaign in there -- and yes, I know that's not what the battlefield games are about, but wouldn't it be cool? :)

I'm usually no MP kinda guy, but I might try this out. Just imagine sitting at the helm of one of those Imperial walkers and blasting rebels. :D

Neither of the first two games had campaigns, but I thought they were still quite enjoyable even in solo mode.

Will the Beta allow you to play maps in solo mode or is it multi-player only?

From what I hear, there's a co-op mode of 2 players vs AI units (a wave-based fight). And I hear you can also play that alone. But you probably still need to be connected to their servers. If that's what you were wondering about.

And that's for the beta. I imagine the final game will also feature some other similar maps/modes.

Neither of the first two games had campaigns, but I thought they were still quite enjoyable even in solo mode.

Exactly my thoughts - so I am hopeful for some fun out of this one as well.

I will try the beta but I'm not excited for the game. It will get the EA premium pass treatment so that rules out any purchase by me in the near future. I'm not paying €110+ for the complete game.

I might buy the premium version with all DLC included in two, three years if it's on sale on Origin for under €20 but certainly not a minute before the price arrives in that territory.

Also, while I'm not a huge fan of Angry Joe, I stumbled across his E3 impressions of SWBF and he named it among the most disappointing games of the show. Apparently the maps are tiny (to force the flyable craft to return to the action ASAP) and the power-up pick-up system also seems to be awkward compared to Battlefield where you actually run up to and enter a vehicle instead of just *ding* you're in a snowspeeder now.

Guess we'll see for ourselves in two days…

I like the environment graphics, but that's about all. I don't enjoy that kind of speeded up, bouncing around, barely animated kind of movement in a shooter.

There is no possible way I'll ever touch this MMO turd.
It'll definetly be a success as it's aimed to Destiny and Candy Crush Saga audience.

But there is something it'll definetly be remembered for even if it fails.
It's the first damned game that dared to put 8Gb RAM as minimum and 16Gb as recommended on PC!
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-06-star-wars-battlefront-pc-specs-confirmed

Let's wait and see a game brave enough to put SSD as requirement. ;)

I'm not paying €110+ for the complete game.
Many said that. For many games...
And ended up shelling not just 110, but much more for games like this.

And they also revealed the system requirements for PC.
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/star-wars-battlefront-official-pc-requirements-unveiled/

Minimum PC System Requirements

Processor (Intel): Intel i3 6300T or equivalent
Memory: 8GB RAM
Hard Drive: At least 40 GB of free space
Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB
Graphics card (ATI): ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB
DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection

Recommended PC System Requirements

Processor (Intel): Intel i5 6600 or equivalent
Memory: 16GB RAM
Hard Drive: At least 40 GB of free space
Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection

Some people in the beta having fun...

MaleGoodnaturedItaliangreyhound.gif

Actually, BF2 had a campaign mode where you traveled around with a ship if I remember correctly.

Are you sure you're not thinking of a different game?

It's been a long time since I've played it, but I remember BF2 being the same as the first game in that you just chose a map and started playing. It played exactly like multiplayer.

Are you sure you're not thinking of a different game?

It's been a long time since I've played it, but I remember BF2 being the same as the first game in that you just chose a map and started playing. It played exactly like multiplayer.

Apparently, I remembered correctly.

Two things:

Campaign[edit]
Whereas Star Wars: Battlefront* '​s campaign featured missions dependent on the chosen faction, Battlefront II contains only one campaign, called Rise of the Empire, which is found in every version of the game except the PSP.[6] This set of missions is presented as the narration of a veteran of the 501st Legion, known as Vader's Fist, beginning with an attack on the planet Mygeeto during the Clone Wars and ending with the assault on Hoth as depicted in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back.[7] There are a total of 18 missions, four of which are optional space missions.

The PSP version of Battlefront II does not feature the Rise of the Empire campaign. Instead it features three single-player Challenge modes; Imperial Enforcer, Rogue Assassin, and Rebel Raider.[8] In Imperial Enforcer the player is sent to eliminate indigenous species on several given planets, such as Gungans on Naboo and Ewoks on Endor.[8] Rogue Assassin requires the player to eliminate all Imperial officers on a given sets of planets. Bonus points are awarded for any other kills.[8] Finally, Rebel Raider tasks the player with locating specific objects in a map and returning them to a designated drop point, similar to Capture the flag.[8]

Galactic Conquest[edit]
Like its predecessor, Battlefront II includes Galactic Conquest. In this mode, the player commands a fleet throughout the galaxy conquering and protecting planets, much like a game of Risk. When two opposing forces reach the same planet, the game switches to the traditional perspective, and the player must eliminate the enemy faction to gain control of that planet. Players gain credits for performing well which can be used to buy new character classes, a new fleet, or bonuses that provide additional support when attacking or defending a planet.[3] While the PlayStation 2 and Xbox versions allow cooperative and competitive battles in Galactic Conquest mode through splitscreen gameplay, the PC version does not.

I actually was referring to Galactic Conquest it seems with the ship, and mixed it up with the campaign... But both exist.

I really enjoyed the Galactic conquest part and thought that should have been the MP mode imo.

Back
Top Bottom