What games are you playing now?

3. The always online thing bothers me. Why can't I be offline when I'm not playing coop or have I missed some sort of offline setting? I game on my train commute to work and pass several tunnels where I lose connection and the game drops me out to the start menu and I lose progress. Frustrating. I guess I'll only play it at home. Dumb.

It's essentially to allow them to fully control the game, to ensure the microtransactions can't be replaced with simple cheats. It's very hard to prevent cheats in single player games, unless you can exercise control through an always online system.

XCOM2 again. The "new" content added by the free DLC is cool.
No strategic layers at all, only pure tactic; wich is great.

Vampyr - only for 2h so far, seems heavy on the atmosphere; fov is terrible though and the fix from the wiki doesnt work for me :mad:

Is Diablo 3 the Candy Crush Saga of ARPGs?
OMG, yes!

After all this time I was trying to explain why I don't want to touch it to friends. This is the simplest and best definition possible.
Thanks!

I wanted to play something simple and addicting, so I dusted off Victor Vran and had a blast with the Motorhead expansion. Diablo who? ;)

It's raining like hell here, another Max Payne run.
One of my favorites a whiiile back, but damn I like it even more today.
Really, what happened to TPS?

Yeah, the 1st one was extremely good fun, despite its crazier ideas (auto-difficulty, etc, etc). Then, media darling Rockstar bought it and essentially killed the whole series with the seizure-inducing MP3.

I really enjoyed Victor Vran (never played the Motorhead expansion as it came out quite a bit after i finished the base game) - I think it was a bit under-rated but then again i haven't played it since...

I wanted to play something simple and addicting, so I dusted off Victor Vran and had a blast with the Motorhead expansion. Diablo who? ;)

It's raining like hell here, another Max Payne run.
One of my favorites a whiiile back, but damn I like it even more today.
Really, what happened to TPS? Who thought it was more "fun" watching player behind a crate( or something) shooting enemy heads, one at a time, every fight taking up to minute or two: Uncharted, Tomb Raider, Gears, etc.
MP blows every modern standard TPS: nothing like throwing yourself, John Woo style, taking out five guys with just five bullets in a very narrow frame, never gets old. No Starship troopers here, you feel like an actual sharpshooter.
Plus the ambiance, the writing, music, best noire game to date, even voice acting is surprisingly good. Game is chock full of clever, memorable one liners.
Also you notice how much pacing is better: no collectibles, or any similar nonsense.
Game has aged incredibly well.

On the flipside, replayed Deus Ex not long ago. Kind of the opposite: outside of still outstanding level design, most is pretty poor/rough to get through.

Agreed on pretty much everything here. Deus Ex sucked to me to be honest, first time ever playing it recently and it was painful. Now granted I didn't make it past the Statue of Liberty first mission, but I was not enjoying myself. Max Payne on the other hand is still awesome. The level design was clever and great, too.

I'm a fan of the first 2 Max Payne games, but there's nothing particularly special about the level design. They're linear shooters with a good story, strong atmosphere, and an excellent narration.

Deus Ex might be hard for some to appreciate if they're playing it for the first time. It's nearly 20 years old and hasn't aged well in some aspects. I recommend trying it with the GMDX mod which enhances a few things and modernizes it in some ways.

I'm really digging the Hero U game, I'm up to day thirteen and having a blast trying to figure lots of stuff out. I can already see at least one replay in my future for this, those first couple of days I simply wasted too much time on just looking around and exploring when I could have been honing my craft.

Now granted I didn't make it past the Statue of Liberty first mission, but I was not enjoying myself.
It's more a tutorial than a first mission, the interesting part start right after.
Give it another chance (with the essential GMDX mod JDR13 spoke about, it's pretty easy to install)!

I'm a fan of the first 2 Max Payne games, but there's nothing particularly special about the level design. They're linear shooters with a good story, strong atmosphere, and an excellent narration.

Deus Ex might be hard for some to appreciate if they're playing it for the first time. It's nearly 20 years old and hasn't aged well in some aspects. I recommend trying it with the GMDX mod which enhances a few things and modernizes it in some ways.

I think what I liked about the Max Payne level design was the city itself. The apartments, rooftops, hotel lobbies, etc.. It was just enjoyable to explore for the atmosphere. But they were definitely linear.

Deus Ex just seemed, I dunno, bland to me. I thought I'd enjoy it more, but I have to give it another, better chance. I will try it again sometime with the mod you suggested. I did love Goldeneye when it came out and it reminded me in some ways of a more in-depth, less shooter-y version of that, so I'll take a peek at it another time.

Far Cry 1. Absolutely brutal difficulty even on medium. Imagine playing an FPS where most of the AI are as powerful as you, and sometimes a good deal more heavily armored. It reminds me of a lively deathmatch at times. I've been playing FPSs for years and this was the first time I experienced something like this. After playing 4 & 3 back to back (my first Far Cry experience) this was quite a shock. Tip: avoid the "64-bit AMD patch and graphical enhancements add-on." They'll fuck up your game in certain areas like the Rebellion lvl and make you think you're trying to play Crysis on a 386. Seriously.

Far Cry 1. Absolutely brutal difficulty even on medium. Imagine playing an FPS where most of the AI are as powerful as you, and sometimes a good deal more heavily armored. It reminds me of a lively deathmatch at times. I've been playing FPSs for years and this was the first time I experienced something like this. After playing 4 & 3 back to back (my first Far Cry experience) this was quite a shock. Tip: avoid the "64-bit AMD patch and graphical enhancements add-on." They'll fuck up your game in certain areas like the Rebellion lvl and make you think you're trying to play Crysis on a 386. Seriously.

I loved Far Cry back in the day. It was the first DirectX 9 game, and the graphics were amazing at the time. It was also one of the few shooters with levels that large and open, and it doesn't hold your hand like the more modern games.

I tried playing it again earlier this year, but I don't think it's aged very well. It was also somewhat glitchy with enemies shooting through walls, etc.

As good as Far Cry was, the Crysis games are even better imo. They're an improvement over Far Cry in almost every way, and they've aged a lot more gracefully.

Last edited:
First banner saga, the nth time i start it and again doesnt impress me, dont know whats the whole fuss about this series; ash of gods seems miles away from this.

The fuss broke because it's a rare phonegame without microtransactions.
But it's still a phonegame.

Back
Top Bottom