Votes: 39 24.7%
  • Sometimes a week passes without gaming

Votes: 26 16.5%
  • I'm a casual gamer

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • I don't have time for gaming

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
Ever think of going training your left hand to use the mouse? That way you have a whole new wrist to mess up ;)

Seriously, I switch to my left hand every now and then if my wrist starts to hurt. Also finger excerises and stopping every hour or so (more like every 3 hours) for a ten minute break really helps. I know it's pretty much general knowledge, but ever since I started doing the finger exercises and stopping to watch a show on TV for a bit my wrist doesn't act up much at all.

I saw this guy on the Tonight show way before I left for Taiwan and have been doing the simple exercises he showed on the show (never bought his book….guess I should since those exercises he demonstrated helped so much :p).

Here are the few exercises he demonstrated on the show.

I forgot to mention that switching to the left hand only works for turnbased games.

Depends on what games I have, my mood, how much time I have etc.
I often game every day… But I haven't really touched a game all summer this year.

Since I stopped taking the blood pressure medication, my "carpal tunnel" symptoms have gotten slowly better. I may even get some gaming in tonight, yayy!!!!!

Ever think of going training your left hand to use the mouse? (...) I forgot to mention that switching to the left hand only works for turnbased games.
Oh my, this reminds me ... (watch out, another Granny story ahead ...)
Long after I had my gamer's wrist (after playing Doom for weeks on end - with a joystick! - and finding out that I couldn't play Doom with the cast, but was able to win using Baraka in MK 2 in the arcades) .. well, it must have been around the time of Half-Life, because I remember playing in a tournament where everyody was hacking away at each other with a crowbar. Anyway, during that tournament a girl - her nick was Killing Lilly - approached me and asked me if I was lefthanded. I'm not, and I told her so - I really had no idea what she was getting at until she told me:"Well, then you should be using the mouse with your right hand, dear." I always played shooters with the keyboard on my right and the mouse on my left., and only after she had said that I started to wonder ... and retrained. Unfortunately, I never became as efficient with mouse/right than I had been with mouse/left - and when I tried to re-re-train, it wouldn't work anymore!
Sheesh *shakes head*. That's what you get for listening to others.

Jaz, you might be naturally left handed and they just trained you in the wrong hand when you were a girl. :)

Seriously I think back to when they asked me in I think 1st grade or kindergarte.....which hand felt easier to write with. I looked at everyone else and said the right because everyone else were using their right hand. I now look at my handwriting and think DAMN!!! It was the left!!! :p

Hmmmmmmmm, I guess everyday or almost some sort of game. Even if it is just a freeroll on pokerstars.
When the witcher2 or a game like that maybe 2-5 hours a day until completed. Silly free games on my iphone if having lunch by myself on the road...

I'm kind of late to the party on this but just noticed it (wow the poll changes from time to time? Who knew? :lol:)

It used to be I would get a game, and then play through it and then not play anything really for months at a time. However now with digital downloads and all the sales and various ways to track the sales I've accumlated quite the backlog and would feel too guilty if I don't at least play a little bit of something every day.

It's usually about an hour or less though unless I am really engrossed, then maybe I'll get up to 4 hours a day. But gone for sure are the days of my youth and 18 hour gaming sessions. :p

Every day, but no more than 1 hour. After work, before sleep.

I'm like this too, sometimes I don't even have any energy left to play, I immediately go to bed. That really makes me sad nowadays, I'm getting old. I'm crying right now. Help me out here.

I'm a casual gamer nowadays. I sometimes go a month or several without gaming, and then I immerse myself in another RPG, or sometimes a strategy game. That's much less than years ago, but even then I did excessive gaming only in stretches, interrupted by times without games.

Ever think of going training your left hand to use the mouse? That way you have a whole new wrist to mess up ;)
Heh, you are so right. I have that problem now. After getting into a mix of ailments with my right hand (carpal syndrome, "tennis" arm, etc.), I switched to using the mouse mostly with my left hand. Now that arm starts hurting.

I had already trained using the left hand for the mouse many years ago, when I was using a workstation that also needed a joystick with the right hand at the same time as the mouse. My boss' computer also has the mouse on the left, but she switched left and right keys (grrrr!).

Anyway, I had some physical therapy done with my right arm and now know what to do if it starts to hurt, so it's manageable.

Pretty much every day. Sometimes I'll end up chatting about games on the forums so much that I won't get any playtime in. I make up for it on the weekends, though.

Every day for past 14 years and still going strong, mainly RPGs and MMOs.

I don't play EVERY day, but I do play more than a few times a week. I would guess my normal gaming week would be about 5 days a week for an hour or two a day.

When something like Skyrim or Risen 2 comes out though I will play 40 hours a week for a couple weeks... it all kind of depends.

A few times a week would be my average. Like most, if I have a new shinny you can't get me off the pc for however long it takes to save the world one more time. ;)

Hardly ever anymore. I'll get back into it sooner or later.

Any good games for someone who loves Ja2 but has no patience for Doom or Tomb Raider etc?

Good that you necroed this thread because I forgot to ask a question all the time:

Why can't you choose multiple options? For Example "I play every day" and "I have no time for gaming"? That would be my choice.

Good that you necroed this thread because I forgot to ask a question all the time:

Why can't you choose multiple options? For Example "I play every day" and "I have no time for gaming"? That would be my choice.

you forgot to add the guilt factor option when you also have a family.

Thaat would e m y excuse. It requires quite a bit of concentration to really enjoy an rpg. When you have small kids it's not easy to give anything your undivided attention.

But that's maye a lame excuse, my real reason might be that newer rpgs are banal.shit.boring.

Back
Top Bottom