Risen 3: Titan Lords - Available for Pre-order

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
To go along with the news of the sale it seems you can now pre-order Risen 3: Titan Lords on Steam. You of course get the usual DLC that goes along with the pre-order.

Steam_beautyshot_Risen3_copy.png

About the Game

The world has been abandoned by its gods and is scarred from the rampage of the Titans. Humanity is struggling to regain strength and rally its forces. You, however, have more pressing concerns: your own life has been shattered and you must set off to reclaim what is lost amidst the darkness that is spreading throughout the world. Who knows, maybe you'll even save the world at the same time?

Three threads of destiny lie before you. Three ways to rise up against the Titans and regain your soul. Which path to take? The choice is yours.

Features

Freedom: Freely explore and take on quests at your leisure. Quests will have different ways to tackle them and different outcomes. You can play different parts of the game in whatever order you wish and shape your character individually.

Exploration: Discover quests and characters as you make your way through the diverse world of Risen 3 - Titan Lords. From quaint medieval-style towns to delving deep into the dank dark of mines, to the supernatural shadow world, there is a wealth of possibilities waiting to be explored. You will be able to traverse this world in a variety of ways, from swimming to climbing.

Enhanced combat: Featuring a revamped fighting system, with new animation systems in place that add nuance to the fights.

Magic is back! Crystal magic has returned, bringing with it devastating new combat abilities. Wield elements such as lightning, fire and ice to obliterate your foes, or make use of a multitude of additional magical skills to aid you in exploration - the choice is yours!

Guilds & factions: Choose to ally yourself with one of three distinct guilds, each offering unique skills, armouries and quests allowing you to approach your quest in very different ways. Discover additional factions that exist to bend the balance of political power in the world, each with their own agenda for you to uncover. Be careful which characters you trust – some might ally with you with the intent of fulfilling their own sinister plans.
More information.

It's because risen 3 is available for preorder I think.
Preorder includes Fog Island and Goblins/Gnomes content probably planned to be cut out and sold later as DLC.

Anyone knows if this is the full deal? No more DLC apart from these "day1" scam(TM)EA? If it's full game that won't give birth to more "islands" after the release, I'll preorder it.

Toltec, which city? :) (PM please)

Preorder includes Fog Island and Goblins/Gnomes content probably planned to be cut out and sold later as DLC.

Anyone knows if this is the full deal? No more DLC apart from these "day1" scam(TM)EA? If it's full game that won't give birth to more "islands" after the release, I'll preorder it.
Well who knows after Risen 2 it's a given there will probably be more DLC. If you think not remember Deep Silver is the publisher. It's definitely in the contract.;)

Last edited:

Toltec, which city? :) (PM please)
PM-ed...
don't know the full deal but not gonna be fooled this time. Preordered risen 2 and couldnt force myself to play it after a few hours... Gonna wait for some reviews this time around.

I wonder if this is gonna be on GoG, since Risen 1 and 2 are.

Ugh, even the DLC is pretty similar to Risen 2. Doesn't bode well. Adventurer Garb = Pirate Garb. Fog Island = Treasure Isle. I suppose the the Goblins and Gnomes sounds slightly interesting but why on earth is not included in the base game and not only that but it sounds like it is reusing assets from Risen 2?!? (Isle of Thieves)

Bwah, I don't like the pre-order exclusive stuff as well.

Anyway I'm waiting for a GOGalaxy offer.

It's par for the course and I'm used to it. I don't want to miss out on a great game because of crappy publisher standards.

I will wait for the gold edition, dicounted on GoG.

I hope that they had enough time to flesh out a proper rpg here, instead of a bloated DLC for Risen 2!

Oh cool I didn't realize the release was so impending.. comes out about the same time as Sacred 3.

Suit yourself. I'll probably have played through it twice by then. ;)

I look forward to your views about it!

Have plenty to do while waiting for the Gold edition (with all DLC for about £4.99) to hit GoG. I would have also had a couple of playthroughs of Risen 2 by then, and finished Gothic 2 as well.

PM-ed…
don't know the full deal but not gonna be fooled this time. Preordered risen 2 and couldnt force myself to play it after a few hours… Gonna wait for some reviews this time around.
Interesting, I actually liked Risen 2 more than Risen 1. Let's see how Risen 3 is... not preordering though, I have enough games in my backlog that by the time I get to play Risen 3, it's probably down to like $15 Steam sale :)

I concur. A lot of this release stuff sounds a lot like Risen 2. With even the no hardcopy PC release bit.

However, PB still makes the best RPG worlds in my book. Risen 2 had some nice set gameplay even though I was not a fan of the pirate theme (Maybe a ninja theme next time around to balance things out . . . )

So while I'll welcome Risen 3, probably a day one purchase. I have to make sure they have no end boss like Risen 1. And no QTEs.

I really preferred the first game to the second, so I'll just wait and see what friends think about this one. Worse case scenario, I'll get it for cheaps on sale at Christmas or thereabouts.

£40 again? I thought Risen 2 tanked, I'd hoped Deep Silver would've learnt their lesson from setting the price that high.

Oh well, maybe GMG will have a 25% off voucher by the time it's available there.

So while I'll welcome Risen 3, probably a day one purchase. I have to make sure they have no end boss like Risen 1. And no QTEs.

As far as the QTE part, one of the Devs said on WoP that there would be a few where appropriate (whatever that means) but less than in R2.

I'm really excited for this game. Risen 2 was an excellent RPG.

Hope this will have Gothic 1 fun & gameplay and maybe some Risen 1.

Back
Top Bottom