DeepSilver Issues Apology

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I'll let the story speak for itself.

Following a far-reaching outcry over the rather tasteless dismembered statue that will accompany the Dead Island Zombie Bait Edition, Deep Island UK “deeply apologises for any offence caused” but doesn’t do much more than that.

Deep-Silver-Dead-Island-Riptide-Zombie-Bait-Apology-header

Today’s controversy in the land of gaming was courtesy of Dead Island publishers Deep Silver. They announced the Zombie Gait Edition of the upcoming Dead Island Riptide, which will include a gaudy statue that looks exactly like the monstrosity in the header above. An immediate outcry followed, prompting the publisher to issue an apology via TwitLonger.

“We deeply apologise for any offence caused by the Dead Island Riptide ‘Zombie Bait Edition’, the collector’s edition announced for Europe and Australia. Like many gaming companies, Deep Silver has many offices in different countries, which is why sometimes different versions of Collector’s Editions come into being for North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia.”

“For the limited run of the Zombie Bait Edition for Europe and Australia, a decision was made to include a gruesome statue of a zombie torso, which was cut up like many of our fans had done to the undead enemies in the original Dead Island.”

Do you hear that, fans? If only you hadn’t killed so many zombies in Dead Island, this whole affair could have been averted! But wait, that’s not all.

“We sincerely regret this choice. We are collecting feedback continuously from the Dead Island community, as well as the international gaming community at large, for ongoing internal meetings with Deep Silver’s entire international team today. For now, we want to reiterate to the community, fans and industry how deeply sorry we are, and that we are committed to making sure this will never happen again.”

It will never happen again. Which means this disfigurine (ho ho ho) is still happening. This is about as generic as an apology can get. It fails to address the reasoning behind the decision, nor does it provide any sort of intention to alter and/or scrap it. They don’t even seem to grasp why everyone is up in arms over this.

Oh and here is the collectors edition that inflamed the masses.
Deep-Silver-Dead-Island-Riptide-Zombie-Bait-Apology-header.jpg

Last edited:
Was this really even worth posting about?

Yes because it's another pointless controversy among the gaming masses. I wonder what the next one will be next week.

Another publicity stunt, like their previous 'irrelevant' trailer. Moreover, I am sure that there are many teenagers and young men (with little respect to themselves and with false confidence) who will be eager to have this crud on their mantlepiece.

Another publicity stunt, like their previous 'irrelevant' trailer. Moreover, I am sure that there are many teenagers and young men (with little respect to themselves and with false confidence) who will be eager to have this crud on their mantlepiece.

I remember that. It was the cgi were the family was killed by zombies. Negative publicity is just as good. It works.

In the words of Bill Murray from Scrooged, "You can't buy publicity like this!"

The bigger the provocation, the better ?

What comes next, a piece of plastinized flesh ?

Apology will be accepted IF AND ONLY IF they give us more info about X: Rebirth!

Back
Top Bottom