Chrono Trigger - Patch 1 Update

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new patch for Chrono Trigger which adds in the original graphics.

CHRONO TRIGGER – Patch #1 Update

11 April - sunilg
Hi everyone,
First of all we’d like to share with you what this patch will adjust in CHRONO TRIGGER on Steam:

• Character sprites and background graphics adjusted to be more in-line with the original style of CHRONO TRIGGER. This can be selected from the menu as “Original” graphics, and is the new default selection.
  • The font has been updated to give the game a more classic look.
  • Text which did not match the game experience on PC has been revised, and a large number of other text issues have been corrected.
  • Fixed the way the word “TRIGGER” is displayed as it floats in on the title screen.
  • Adjusted the order of the demo video and animated opening sequence from the title screen to be more in-line with previous versions of the game.
  • The background gradient of each text window has been adjusted to make it darker towards the bottom.
[...]
Secondly, we’re working on adjusting the UI in CHRONO TRIGGER on Steam and are aiming to introduce these changes in future updates. Here are some of the changes which will be introduced in future patches.

• The UI will be adjusted to optimize PC play (using either a controller or keyboard)
  • An option will be added to select between a UI optimised for controller/keyboard and one optimised for mouse/tablets.
We’re working as quickly as we can as many of the features you’ve been requesting to CHRONO TRIGGER on Steam and we will post another update here as soon as possible.

Thanks again from everyone on the CHRONO TRIGGER team for all of your support.
More information.

That's good news - though it does beg the question: why didn't they do that the first time??

That is an excellent question. I'm going to surmise that this will not make everyone happy regardless, this game deserved a much better entry into the computer realm than the one it received. What a travesty.

That is an excellent question. I'm going to surmise that this will not make everyone happy regardless, this game deserved a much better entry into the computer realm than the one it received. What a travesty.

Yeah, I was thinking of buying it because I never finished it when I played it years ago. But I haven't because the PC release was done so poorly according to pretty much every opinion I've read.

Same with me, I have this game for my Vita but was going to add it to my Steam library to simply support the project. Now, I'm in no rush to do so, we'll see if that changes in the future.

Probably they check the sales number first and after that decide if a patch is worth it or not ?

My guess is probably not, no more updates after this. They will most likely just disappear, and maybe in the future someone will bring this game back in all the glory it really deserves for the computers.

Squeenix should get credit for responding to the complaints and releasing a patch fairly quickly. I also see no reason to believe there won't be another patch if they say there's going to be one.

Back
Top Bottom