Two Worlds II - Worldmerge Mod

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Here's an interesting Two Worlds II mod that "combines the Two World 2 main campaign, the eleven multiplayer adventure maps and the whole Pirates of Flying Fortress Expansion into one coherent, newly balanced singleplayer gameworld". I've no idea how well it all works but it sounds worth a look if you were planning to return to 2W2 at some point. Here's the full intro:
Worldmerge - though done without SDK/Toolkit - combines the Two World 2 main campaign, the eleven multiplayer adventure maps and the whole Pirates of Flying Fortress Expansion into one coherent, newly balanced singleplayer gameworld. It ties everything together with a very long new questline sending you all around the world of Antaloor, even to the most hidden corners. You will find three new difficulty levels (Novice, Expert and Master) with various tweaks and enhancements, each for a female or male player character, that bring a lot of extra challenge. In addition to that many great mods by gifted modders from the Two Worlds 2 community are included (see details below). The singleplayer game time (compared to the 45+ hours of TW2+PotFF) is easily extended by more than 15 extra hours (25+ if you choose the Master Difficulty).
More information.

Very cool! I think I will revisit this game once I get my fill of Skyrim.

I find the second game quite good actually. It's not perect, but unlike the first game it's a solid ARPG. Easily better than say unmodded Oblivion or Gothic 3. The only big flaw, that the game has is boring dungeon crawling due to uninteresting loot, but most similar games suffer from this.

Sounds like an epic mod, but I would have preferred if they hadn't added the fan-made questlines, or at least made them optional.

Heyas folks,

thanks a lot for showing interest here.

I added the questline to give an explanation for the new appearance of the multiplayer maps (they contain stories friom the past actually, even with the hero acting in favor of Gandohar - this needed some explanation indeed).

The questline also sets a huge incentive for exploration of the old world because the new maps will only open up gradually the more you explore the old world and discover questitems that I have hand placed all over Antaloor.

Also the questline is totally optional - you can solve TW2+PotFF without doing a single quest in it - only the (former) mp maps are tied to it (you will miss loot and xp rewards from it though :)).

Best wishes

youngneil1

I suppose I will too. I found the vanilla plot and especially the interface very convoluted but I didn't get very far in fairness. It certainly looked good...

I might try it, depending on if you've put your other "fixes" in the game. I liked the gameplay of 2W2 the way it was, and most of your mods seem to address perceived faults with the game (adding respawning, changing crafting, difficulty, etc). I'm not sure if you've lumped all those extras into the merge mod. If it's vanilla 2W2 with just more maps and a new questline, count me in. I still probably have 3 months of Skyrim and then Reckoning to play, but your modded game could fit in nicely after that.

Sure, crpgnut, I made the mod very modular actually - you will find seven different versions, one of them being Vanilla (i.e. only the new levels of the mp maps and the pirate isles plus the questline, nothing else).

Cool. I think I used one or two of your mods, but I hardly ever add anything that makes combat more difficult. I'm all about exploration, so easy combat is a good thing :)

I started a new game on hard difficulty level using your master package. Even the groms quickly showed me my proper place. I'm playing on hard difficult right now, using the expert package, and the game is nice and challenging (unlike the vanilla hard difficulty).

Welcome on board, tolknaz! I am looking forward to hear from your adventures - Expert Difficulty is an excellent choice imho. Novice will rather soon be a little easy, while Master, well Master is a little masochistic, no doubt about that :).

I think the questline to tie it together and the hand-placed loot makes it pretty exciting to revisit. Definitely looking forward to it. Now I just need to find some time.

About that hand-placed loot - Is it loot that was already present in the game but previously random, or is it new items created for this mod?

Mostly it's questitems for the new questline. These act as "keys" for unlocking the new mp maps. Many items from the Pirates Expansion are avaialable for buying at vendors in the old main world though, which elads to a nice mix (all level restrictions still in place, so no unbalancing stuff).

On top of that I have added a few items to a certain tomb and some rather cool sword to an even cooler new "Mini"-Boss (actually he's everything else but mini). Fear not, nothing unbalancing in any way.

Am I the only one (man, I hate that expression) who is reminded of "World of Xeen". My favourite 2 M&M games.

Heyas pibbur0x2a and Trasher,

great to hear your might be up for the adventure - I would be delighted to hear some stories of your journey throgh the worldmerged Antaloor :).

The Merge in Might & Magic: World of Xeen was super cool - I also very much like how the integration of all versions is done by fans now for the Baldur's Gate series.

Hey youngneil1,

I don't have the expansion, will your mod still work? Also I am half way through the main quest, can I continue with your mod or I need to start again pls?

keep the good work! Two World 2 is flawed game but I still like it very much :)

Back
Top Bottom