Pricewatch!

Nothing there interests me, Paradox shown with Pirates of the Black Cove what kind of "quality" games they sell, and from Square Enix I already have everything I wanted except Fullmetal Alchemist (not console games!) which is not on sale really:
http://www.amazon.com/Fullmetal-Alc...359635718&sr=1-1&keywords=fullmetal+alchemist

you're like an old friend of mine. He wouldn't listen to any Genesis songs because Phil Collins was in the group at one time, and he made the song Sussudio which he hated :)

I can vouch for Europa Universalis 3 Chronicles and Crusader Kings 2. Both absolutely awesome strategy games, best grand strategy games ever made (well, at least from the ones I've played).

I'm not like an old friend, I adore both Genesis and Phil's solo work (including movie performances!). :)

And I actually have and like Europa Universalis all games. But it's a franchise and it's not something new unlike BL. Cove and CK.

Why did I skipped Crusader Kings 1 and 2… Maybe because I really don't see the plot in those games. Y'know… Tetris, beautifully rendered, you do things here and there in the game, but for what reason exactly, nobody knows. Not even developers. And I really don't want to roleplay an ameba. Sorry, I kinda don't do things for no purpose at all in RPGs.

Dark Souls and The Secret World are both on Amazon sale today for around $17 - $18.

If you have a $5 promotional credit from the holiday game sales that would apply to these. I think I might go for The Secret World though the Paradox bundles are tempting too.

Another Genesis fan here. ;)

I don't mind wht they did - I just take into account that their works were done in different ages/stages of the group. ;)
Was digging out "... and then thre were three ..." a few days ago again, I really like listening to that stuff again. :)

The German mag "Gamestar" comes with Sacred 2 - without the Add-Ons, but, according to the title page - "with all Patches !"

Seems to be important, then, that there are "all Patches" assembled into one new release. Were they that hard to get here in Germany ?
Or because Ascaron is defunct by now ?

Huge Square Enix discount (75% off):

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_uk/pc-windows-download/all/1/

Tempted by Rogue Trooper and Front Mission Evolved. ;)

I purchased Front Mission Evolved from GamersGate a few weeks ago. It seems like a decent mech shooter from what I've played so far. Worth the price if you like that sort of thing. A word of warning though: It runs like crap in Windows 7. Very choppy regardless of your system specs or what settings you use. Runs fine in WinXP.

I'm thinking about picking up FF VII. Although I honestly don't know if I'd ever play it again.

I purchased Front Mission Evolved from GamersGate a few weeks ago. It seems like a decent mech shooter from what I've played so far. Worth the price if you like that sort of thing. A word of warning though: It runs like crap in Windows 7. Very choppy regardless of your system specs or what settings you use. Runs fine in WinXP.

I'm thinking about picking up FF VII. Although I honestly don't know if I'd ever play it again.

Interestingly, Front Mission used to be an awesome turn-based tactical mech game series in the consoles, but the powers that be decided that 'shooters are cool' and changed the game to that. I'm not happy.

Last edited:

The mech parts were quite fun, but the on foot parts... I ended up rage-quitting during the second one. Basically this game is split into two different gameplay modes, one that is fun but not outstanding in any way, and another one that is horrendous and that has what feels like broken controls (PC version)

With Square Enix it goes something like: have it, have it, don't want it, don't want it, have it, have it, don't want it…
The problem with Startopia is that it doesn't belong into "have it" nor "don't want it" category. In my case it goes into "I really don't have enough time for this one". :(

However I have a friend who has enough time for it, adores strategies, has a birthday soon and this game looks unique. So I'll make it a gift. Thanks Menigal! :)

GOG's got a big sale on Square Enix games this weekend, so it's a good chance to pick up the Deus Ex or Thief games. Of course, the one I really recommend is Startopia. If you've not played it, stop listening to me and go get it now.

also, if you have a PS3 (or guess a PSP or Vita as well), most Final Fantasy games are at 50% at the PSN store.

Sims Medieval is surprisingly good, but could have been a lot better. Even if they'd added in a few different kingdom maps it would have made a big difference. There's some replayability, but not as much as there needs to be with a game like that.

For that price perhaps I should finally buy that always skipped the mobrespawning grinder... :)

Don't buy it. Wait for the upcoming BeMine bundle later this week.

Back
Top Bottom