Project Eternity - Passes $3.5M including Paypal

I wonder what the last stretch goal will be (I also wonder at what point it´ll be set, 3.8M seems the most reasonable to me), as some others implied, the game seems really "feature complete" by now.
Simply a new region (an island, perhaps) might work best.

My one reservation over the growth of the project is the size of the Mega-dungeon… at 10 levels, it's already an unwieldy behemoth that will [likely] feel more like a minigame than a piece of history in the world.
Personally I´d quite like if the dungeon was not set up in entirely self-contained way and progress through it was somehow tied to the progress in the rest of the game (say, a gate requiring an item that´s only obtainable via exploration elsewhere, or a riddle that requires pc to know a piece of lore gathered elsewhere and so on). This type of a sorta artificially forced potential backtracking (as opposed to backtracking caused simply by reaching a difficulty stonewall) might be annoying for some though.
Even though I´ve never took advantage of it, I liked that Watcher´s Keep was set up in a way that allowed for easy segmented progress.
Finishing the dungeon (or progressing far enough) could also influence some other questline(s) or even the ending(s) in some capacity.

Last edited:
My one reservation over the growth of the project is the size of the Mega-dungeon… at 10 levels, it's already an unwieldy behemoth that will [likely] feel more like a minigame than a piece of history in the world.

There is already lore attached to the dungeon and Feargus said that he prefer if people had to visit it in "chunk". Go deeper as they get more powerful. There is also supposed to be "people" down there, so it might not be all fighting.

There is already lore attached to the dungeon and Feargus said that he prefer if people had to visit it in "chunk". Go deeper as they get more powerful. There is also supposed to be "people" down there, so it might not be all fighting.

Maybe they'll stick big city #2 at the halfway point.

Based on the information we've seen so far, this game has now managed to hit the number 1 spot on my most wanted list.

Take your time and make it great Obsidian, we're counting on you!

10k shy of hitting the 3.5 million mark, with 10 hours left. That is excluding PayPal.

They've been quiet at Obsidian. Wonder what they're cooking up...

Level 11 of the mega-dungeon confirmed as well (and 12 probably too with only the paypal backers now).

No multiplayer, though. :/

What a waste.

No it's not you either focus on sp or mp not both. Don't tack on mp like EA and other publishers do.

Yep, wouldn't have backed if it had multiplayer.

Anyway, I don't see how it can possibly be a waste for them to say "please give us money to make this single-player game" and for 70000 people to throw 3.5 million dollars at them.

Yep, wouldn't have backed if it had multiplayer.

Anyway, I don't see how it can possibly be a waste for them to say "please give us money to make this single-player game" and for 70000 people to throw 3.5 million dollars at them.

This is kind of a funny post, I guess you would not have back baldurs gate 1 & 2 if they had been kickstarters. Multiplayer is fine if done right.

Were any of the infinity engine games, multiplayer? I don't go that way, so I can't remember. I'm strictly monogamous with my games ;)

Were any of the infinity engine games, multiplayer? I don't go that way, so I can't remember. I'm strictly monogamous with my games ;)

Yes they had a co-op mp mode I never played it so I cant comment on it.

I would love to see an underground city too...
Or a city on the trees like in Drakensang but much bigger and more detailed.
Also please leave multiplayer out of this...

yes as far as I know they all were, and they played quite well. Not as smooth as say neverwinter nights, but still a decent experience.

The city in the trees thing is a bit played out, just off the top of my head I can think of three games that had it wizardry 8, everquest, and dungeon seige 2.

yes as far as I know they all were, and they played quite well. Not as smooth as say neverwinter nights, but still a decent experience.

The city in the trees thing is a bit played out, just off the top of my head I can think of three games that had it wizardry 8, everquest, and dungeon seige 2.

Never played any of them so I did not know =(
Well what about that elf city on Lord of the Rings??? I don't remember its name =/

Back
Top Bottom