The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I don't refuse to carry potions, I just refuse to use them!! :p :)

Well, I've started plottin' and plannin' a bit. What does everyone have on tap for TRv3.0? There is some method to my madness, although there's no denying a large component of madness. ;)

I totally blame cm, but I've decided to do a halfling. We need a damn Bilbo in the guild! So, we're talking a DEX toon. Thus endeth the paladin romance. That means a sneaky rogue, or possibly a monkeymonkiemonk. Either way, it will be a non-splash build.

It kinda comes down to whether the group will need a trap monkey. I'm a little scared about trying a monk, particularly since I have to pay for the class, but I was scared about pretty much everything that didn't focus on pointy sticks and most of those worked out well enough, so I'm giving consideration to jumping in the deep end without my floaties again. I don't mind the trap monkey role at all, although RhoGu was really (mis-)built to be a fighter with rogue skills so I'd have to learn the sneaky approach. I'm also leaning toward Shadohe doing the TR rather than Phuury, although that's a little more fuzzy at this point.

The reason I'm asking this early is because if the group doesn't need a trap monkey, I'm going to keep my eyes open over the next several months for monk to go on sale. If I'm to be a rogue, I can safely ignore that sort of stuff. All TR plans anyone describes here are, naturally, totally binding and any divergence will result in expulsion from the guild and banning from the Watch. ;)

Yes, I believe so, too. As far as I understood it he's now around level 10 as well, only "holding levels" so far just to get no xp penalty. And his biggest problem is that he is F2P only, as far as I've understood him.
Did a few tells with him/her tonight. He took level 8 tonight because he was up against level 9. He's running out of F2P content to run (which is why he's holding levels), so he might be amenable to running with the group soon. Between favor Turbine points and guest passes, there shouldn't be any problem getting him into whatever pack we're running at the time. Some of us could run other toons with him (I've got my lvl9 arty) until he was within range of the TRv2.0 group. That shouldn't take too long since he's a first-lifer and must be fairly competent to have gotten as far as he has on his own.

I recently did my 3rd TR into a Monk, but I haven't played her very much; I think she's about level 3.

I can TR either my cleric or my paladin (or both).

I guess we will have to run 2 groups so we need 2 of each of the roles:
* Healer (cleric, favored soul)
* Trapmonkey (rogue, artificer)
* Caster (wizard, sorcerer, druid)
* Melee (fighter, barbarian, paladin, monk, ranger)
Having a bard will just be a bonus, but not required to complete quests on elite

I can fill the healer and melee roles.

I don't plan to TR within the next time (nothing new, eh ? ;) ).

If I find handwraps, I usually sell them, or make collars out of them.

I don't know what to do with my recent find, handwraps which are … like "Metalline", but towards enemy's alignments. I don't know what the proper word for that is. I'm most likely putting it into the guild chest.

If no-one wants it, I'm going to make a collar out of that. Or the Druids within our group can do so or their own pets.

I'm carrying a variety of collars and docents for my Arti's "pet" for some time now, all specialized for certain tasks. Ghost touch and Undead Guard for example, or/and Light Guard for against undead minions.

What I really reall really need to do is getting my search skills up for my Artificer. They are currently ridiculously low. I can't find any traps right now, only in levels 1-3 or so.

If you happen to find a search skill boosting item you dont need for level 8-9 (8, currently), then please place it into the guild chest. I already have a +3 item, so I don't need that anymore. And I need to get my INT a little bit higher, too, I suspect.

Apart from that - I think I'll try to solo the VON4 quest with both my Cleric and my Wizard, because they didn't do it yet.
Any help is welcomed.

Tonight's proposed agenda:
Xorian Cipher
Stormcleave Outpost
Take level 11
Shadow Crypt

Since we're punting on Threnal, maybe I'll add Restless Isles to the mix. ;)

I don't own Restless Islands.
Rest is okay for me.

I don't know what to do with my recent find, handwraps which are … like "Metalline", but towards enemy's alignments. I don't know what the proper word for that is. I'm most likely putting it into the guild chest.
"Aligned" is the word you're looking for.
What I really reall really need to do is getting my search skills up for my Artificer. They are currently ridiculously low. I can't find any traps right now, only in levels 1-3 or so.
Search shouldn't be an issue for you. It's spot that generally causes the arty's problems. Haven't you been putting points in spot and search every level?
If you happen to find a search skill boosting item you dont need for level 8-9 (8, currently), then please place it into the guild chest. I already have a +3 item, so I don't need that anymore. And I need to get my INT a little bit higher, too, I suspect.
You can probably craft yourself the item. At level 9, you can use normal +10 items (you can use +11 if you're tricky). Those actually aren't too hard to craft, even unbound. If you can't craft it, they're easy to get on the auction house. For that matter, I can craft you up some tonight and drop them in the guild chest. Pretty sure I've got the essences to cover that, so just let me know. Get yourself 3 sets of goggles- spot, search, disable. Put them in a line on a hotbar and cycle thru each time.

I don't own Restless Islands.
Rest is okay for me.
I've already got a guest pass that I bought but didn't hand out. Don't worry about getting in, and don't under any circumstances purchase the pack.

Thank you.
I'll look at what I can do.

My usual report :

DDO Bonus Days!
Oktober 11, 2012

Get +10% Guild Renown through October 14th!

Free item of the week :

October 12-18
Lesser Experience Elixir
Use Coupon Code LEE541
1/Account

- Depending on how much Turbine Points you spend, you get a discount/rebate :
http://www.ddo.com/ddostoredetermineyourdiscount

- 500 TP spent -> 5 %
- 1000 TP spent -> 10 %
- 1,500 TP spent -> 25 %

This can be done only "17/Account" , I read this as "10 times per account".

I think that's a good occation for buying the Monk class, no ? ;)

- 40 % off Shan-To-Kor

- new Gargoyle creatures as "cosmetic pets" : http://www.ddo.com/us/ddostorenew
- Magma
- Shadow
- Granite stone

They cost 495 TP per creature, though; the pack costs 1195 TP (which i find very costly, personally).

- 25 % off :

- Guild Renown Elixirs
- Slayer Count Boosts
- Astral Diamonds
- Airship Amenities

I think that's it.
The whole list as usual here : http://www.ddo.com/us/ddostoresale

The 2determine your discount" thing here . http://www.ddo.com/ddostoredetermineyourdiscount

I have no clue what we are doing. And we do have one halfling rogue in the guild……mine!. She got planted around level 10 cause I was gone or we needed my cleric…I don't remember. I don't have any plans to keep going with her….Testy was my rogue to play through all levels.

Dte you would like playing a monk. It is caster meets invisible pointy stick…….your wraps and moves make you deadly and it is fun.

I don't think we should pick our classes based on splitting into two groups. Everyone play what you like and want and we can get hirelings or add the occasional pug member if we get really hard up.

Sorcwin would be a great help if he is ready and wants to join our Friday runs. Guess passes are easy to get, so neither Sorc or Alrik should worry. We will get you in the quests no problem.

Dte……….Here take this……….:deal:…………….YOU are now the official keeper of the big plan for the group………..Post up what we are running first this week and lets not spend 45 min hashing out what you have already studied on and sorted for us.

Both groups should be doing X Y and Z this week all according to the plan. I know some may have to repeat a quest but so what. If we do this a few times we should end up all on same page again.

We either plan on staying even and stick to that or follow personal agendas. Can't be both ways. I have no problem running something again for one of you if you need it.

We should all stay on same level this week with the group even if holding until we regroup on skype and everyone is on same page.

I can type too much can't I? Just saying it all now so can keep my mouth shut Friday. ;)

Last edited:
Bwahahaha!

We're running Taming the Flames 4 times and then Desert Caravan 6 times, followed by every protection quest in the game. :cm:

I did another look at what's available, and I'm pretty good with what I posted earlier, give or take (order doesn't matter on the 1st three):
1A) Xorian Cipher
1B) Stormcleave Outpost
1C) Haunted Library
2) Everyone takes level 11
3) Shadow Crypt

We can call an audible on #3 depending on timing and people getting sleepy since there's tons of other stuff for us to tackle while we're all level 11. As mentioned by Az a few times, we're going to want to complete as much content as possible now by holding levels because content is going to get pretty thin when our toons are level 14 or so.

While I'm at it, here's the next session or three:

1A) VoN4, unless Az and I catch it up separately, which is possible
1B) Keeper's Sanctuary
1C) Red Fens outdoors
2) three Red Fens flagging quests
3) Red Fens grand finale
4) Everyone takes level 12

That should match up with everyone's advancement fairly well. Alrik and Az might have to improvise a bit with their 1st lifers and jm might have to do a little outside work to keep up. Peter might top out a little soon with his various XP boosts, but I don't think it will be too bad. The rest of us should track pretty well.

Last edited:
I don't think I should host a call tonight as my dsl has dropped 3 times in the last hour, just a warning. Hopefully doesn't happen in the middle of a fight.

My toons already have level 11 (actually very close to 12, but will hold 12). So I need to be in a group who has already done Xorian cipher and Stormcleave outpost or pug while you do them. I need to have a buffer so my toons won't be left behind when reaching level 14 or so. They will be left behind at level 18. That's unavoidable. I just have to prepare for a lot of pugging to repeat quests.

You all know how boring it is to grind XP with a TR1. It will be twice as boring when you try to get level 20 with a TR2. As a TR1 you can keep quest repeats so low so you only lose 10-20% XP from repeats. As a TR2 you need to repeat the quests maybe 4+ times. That won't be fun. You might even have to for the 3000 slayers in each wilderness area. I don't look forward to spending many hours in the Orchard killing 3000+ undead.

I have done these quests on either my cleric or paladin (can't remember which). Both quests are ok, but nothing special in my opinion. Do they give great XP or are we doing them for favor?

I think some of us did Shadow crypt last weekend, but I don't mind repeating it for those who need it. The same with VON4. I don't care much about doing Threnal, but will go there if the rest of you want to.

I think clearing up these would be nice before we head for Red Fens.

I owe Peter an apology for a heat-of-the-moment comment I made a few hours ago. Most likely, he doesn't know anything about it, but that makes it no less inexcusable. I've tried to piece together an explanation, but it just comes off as excuses for something that was just completely over the line. Anyway, hopefully he has no idea what I'm talking about, but will accept my apology anyway.

Uh, that was a hard quest !
But we didn't know it would be that hard in the first place !

I'll never do that at level 10 on elite difficulty again !
Or at least I'll try not to … The end reward is very good indeed, but we had so many losses … I looked at the log and it listed "31 deaths! … So many ? But yes, this looks reasonable, especially considering the end-fight …

I still feel some kind of angry over myself that I had died so often.
But on the other hand, I really didn't know much about what to expect, even after looking at the Wiki. What surprised (and worried) me was that I had some great difficulties in turning thoe Black-Bone Skeletons at all !

I neither got the Planar Gird (Grid ? ;) ) nor the Chaos Guard bracers, only the Sign Of Xoriat. Well, that's better than nothing for me, but I need to give it another toon, because my Cleric is Neutral Good.

I went to sleep around 5 in the morning. Had I known that XX (Xorian Xipher) would take that long, I wouldn't have joined - but I was curious and didn't know what to expect. I really thought to be of better help (well, at least I brought some skeletons down, in old-fashioned close combat).

So, all in all, my memory of this quest is quite mixed. I wouldn't want to do it very often again. It's clearly one of my least favourite quests now - despite its great layout, design, and reward.

I have done these quests on either my cleric or paladin (can't remember which). Both quests are ok, but nothing special in my opinion. Do they give great XP or are we doing them for favor?

XX at least has both good XP and good rewards, too.

Edit : For your information : The Realease Notes of U15P2 : http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Release_Notes_Update_15_Patch_2_Official

The New DDO Chronicle : http://my.ddo.com/turbinecommunity/2012/10/12/the-ddo-chronicle-issue-16-for-october-12th-2012/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom