Arcanum - Avellone's Let's Play

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Chris Avellone has started his Let's Play Arcanum over at the Obsidian forums.
Currently I’m playing it without any fan patches, I want to play the release version. Part of me wants to contrast and compare if I do a second modded version (probably doing a tech-focused run). If that ends up being problematic, I’ll add the mods and then do a rush playthrough to get back to the point I was at so you guys don’t have to sit through the second playthrough. Well, unless you want.

Feel free to post suggestions for how you’d like me to play it on our forums or in YouTube's comments for the video – for right now, I’m just playing it as I would normally, which makes it a lot more relaxed. Hopefully, my in-game reactions and critiques should be enough if you’re interested on my RPG takes on any elements in the title.

If you have any questions about how I felt about certain elements (aside from Virgil’s sass), feel free to drop me a tweet at @ChrisAvellone and I’ll do what I can!
More information.

"So sick of elves"

Haha! Me too! *cough Project Eternity*

Found myself screaming, "USE THE AUTO MAP!" towards the end when he went to leave the area without picking up the quest in the cave.

Last edited:
il probably watch 1 or 2 more then stop. nothing good in 50m. I'd so like to force bill burr to do one

He doesnt know how to turn the combat off. :(

Uhm, I think it's incredibly weird to play the game without knowing what attributes represent. He's in a for a surprise if he thinks it's *that* easy! And it's not particularly nice towards the audience, they still want to see something interesting, even of most are fans.

That said, I'll watch just to see how he manages to get out of the first town, I mean that spot near the bridge that you can't cross until you deal with a guy there.

That said, I'll watch just to see how he manages to get out of the first town, I mean that spot near the bridge that you can't cross until you deal with a guy there.

I'm waiting for that scene too! :D

Smart way to get more twitter followers :)

I wished he would have made it a blog instead, with pictures and maybe just short videos. 10 minutes of reading isn't hard to put into my schedule, but an hour of watching a lets play is simply too time consuming. And this is just the first.

I wished he would have made it a blog instead, with pictures and maybe just short videos. 10 minutes of reading isn't hard to put into my schedule, but an hour of watching a lets play is simply too time consuming. And this is just the first.

Except that would require a lot more work on his part and it's already surprising he has time to play Arcanum, let along doing a Let's Play :)

How about lets play "being productive" with investor dollars instead shall we?

Except that would require a lot more work on his part and it's already surprising he has time to play Arcanum, let along doing a Let's Play :)

True, point taken. I'll just have to find the time then...maybe next year. *sigh*

Hey it was a stretch goal and many investors demanded it, so he is… kind of.

Yeah, a tiny minority holler it out loudly, so it becomes a stretch goal. Go figure. But it is amusing watching the conceit of those who have finally finished the game posting criticisms. :p

As some have said, it's a good thing for those who create games to play many of them. It's probably a bit like an office worker taking a relevant online course during work hours.

The video is really good to lull me to sleep, while I watch it in bed on my iPhone. :)

I too am looking forward the rude awakening when trying to leave town. Someone please provide a time index for that event so I dont have to watch the whole video.

Back
Top Bottom