Fallout 3 - Game Informer Unlimited Summary @ NMA

The Micro Fusion Cells are. The car isn't.

Only the reactor of a submarine is nuclear. Yet it is still called a nuclear submarine, because it is "fuelled" by fission. So a car "fuelled" by fusion ought also to be called a nuclear car.

EDIT: Perhaps fusion car would be more appropriate considering the tie-in nuclear has with fission, but theoretically there's nothing wrong with calling it a nuclear car.

Last edited:
Yeah, put simply it's just the difference between fission and fusion.
A fusion bomb needs a fission bomb in order to kickstart the explosive process. At least, that's my understanding of it.

Regardless, very specific conditions have to be met in order for critical mass to occur. I doubt an explosion near a fusion-powered car would result in an atomic explosion. Though I'm certainly no physicist, so I could be completely off the mark.

Of course the idea that a production vehicle could be brought to market with the glaring flaw that an atomic explosion could occur with damage is laughable in itself.
Then again we're talking about a game based on fiction with a car that costs $299,999.99 so maybe there's no problem with the idea after all :)

Personally, I feel it odd to see Betstheda seems to be making nuclear explosion so common.
I suspect they are making "cool-looking" nuke explosion and subsequent mushroom cloud with particle and lighting effects as an eye-catching visual optimizing the nextgen graphic engine.

Back
Top Bottom