I must say...

Oriz0r

Watcher
...I was expecting a lot more attention towards indie RPGs and projects that are otherwise interesting to the RPG community; Instead what I see is mostly attention to big-name titles and the occasional Spiderweb game, and of course, the latest indie hit, Eschalon. :p

If we're missing interesting indies, please fill us in. I simply don't know anything else to post about.

To expand, there are many other titles that have been posted about - recently we've seen Parhedros and Silvertree, for example, but the first created a limited splash and the second is too early in development to say much. We regularly post on Age of Decadence, The Broken Hourglass and others.

I don't really cover rogue-likes, because there are simply too many and they would overwhelm the site to the benefit of a handful of readers and I don't cover projects that are too early, too experimental, too obviously vapourware or too amateur (and yes, I judge that based on whatever materials are available).

Periodically, I run google searches, I check indie sites like GameTunnel and others, watch the indie thread at RPG Codex and elsewhere...what do you think we are missing?

I wish there was. There are a couple of projects I'm watching and will post on when they get to the right point (like, having a website) and I'm sure there's some hidden stuff, but the indie CRPG scene rests on a handful of projects (roguelikes aside).

If anyone knows any we've missed, please post!

We had one on RPGDot. Not much action.

Won't that just move the discussions from where everyone can follow them and participate to a more restricted medium where only the "hip" crowd are participating?

I have to agree - that is part of the reason there are no more 'private clubs' here either ... we can all abuse each other in public :)

The watch abuse each other? Nahhh we wouldn't do that, now would we?:devilish:

Not on my Watch they wouldn't!! :)

But can I at least try to?? I mean, I have all my stuff and my lists ready.... :cm: ;)

I was already afraid she would be the first to volunteer for abusing memebers :p

*fumbles through the crowd of ... entertained people until reaching the podium and gets up*

What about an in-site chat? Java or something? With a corresponding black/white color scheme, perhaps? :D

I dunno - I find the turn-around of comments on the threads pretty decent, I have never really been a 'chatter' though ...

I don't think a chat will be a real good idea. I don't think most people here will participate a lot. nor that it will add something of value

*fumbles through the crowd of ... entertained people until reaching the podium and gets up*

What about an in-site chat? Java or something? With a corresponding black/white color scheme, perhaps? :D
We did it before. Interest ebbed after a week or so; in the end only three regulars remained, two of them channel mods.

With the international aspect of the group, any really good banter would be impossible I think. Just too many time zones to put parties online at the same time.

Yep, we even have trouble getting all our online NWN team members together for our regular session. Some people ( not mentioning CM ) can't remember what time it begins after all these years of playing!! :)

Back
Top Bottom