D&D: Heroes of Neverwinter - Review @ GameBanshee

Dhruin

SasqWatch
GameBanshee has reviewed Atari's D&D Facebook game, Heroes of Neverinter:
Of course, just because Heroes of Neverwinter is a social game doesn't mean we don't think it's worthy of a full review - it's an official licensed Dungeons & Dragons game, after all. For what it's worth, Heroes of Neverwinter makes a good stab at capturing the fundamentals of D&D combat, and manages to provide an accessible and straightforward D&D experiences that stays true to the roots of the game. However, the relative lack of depth in gameplay, stripped-down options, and some particularly annoying design choices get in the way of what could have been (and still could be) an excellent Facebook RPG experience.
More information.

After daggerdale and now this im starting to wonder if d&d stands for disappointment and despair.

LMAO, not you too JDR. ;)

Why does everyone get so annoyed over one little newsbit. Just wait a week and it'll be gone :p

Its just another gray day here in Michigan that's why.
Makes us cranky-We need sunshine

Best part of this review was they mentioned that 5E edition of D&D is apparently going to be a return to more complexity as apparently the dumbing down didnt work. Not that I have played real D&D in years but gives me hope for some real D&D games...I know I am dreaming

Why does everyone get so annoyed over one little newsbit. Just wait a week and it'll be gone :p

Because the World end in a few months and they are still looking for their Holy Grails of RPGs, but can't find any news about it...

I remember dreaming of what the future of gaming would be, when I played the brilliant Pool of Radiance back in 1988. The magnificence, the beauty, the complexity.

I don't think a D&D Facebook game is a good match…

Oh, woe is me….

I remember dreaming of what the future of gaming would be, when I played the brilliant Pool of Radiance back in 1988. The magnificence, the beauty, the complexity.

I don't think a D&D Facebook game is a good match…

Oh, woe is me….

It's alright breathe in breathe out. Then have a drink to game franchises that have been destroyed.:party:

Last edited:
If you want to play online, try DDO.
I'm playing it since last October, and it's fun for me.
And I even recognized most of the rules stuff from other (A)D&D C-RPGs ! ;)
(Me ! As an relatively (A)D&D Newbie ! ;) )

Best part of this review was they mentioned that 5E edition of D&D is apparently going to be a return to more complexity as apparently the dumbing down didnt work. Not that I have played real D&D in years but gives me hope for some real D&D games…I know I am dreaming

You know what I'm sick of? People that have never played D&D 4th edition saying it's dumbed down because that's what they read on the Internet.

Anyone that's ever played 4th edition can tell you that there are just as many options as 3rd edition, if not more so (a common complaint by people that have actually played, is that there are TOO MANY powers to choose from in martial classes)

The main thing people didn't like is that the classes were actually balanced and wizards couldn't become ridiculously overpowered. All this talk of dumbing down and 'mmo-like' are either from people who never played it or disenfranchised 3rd edition players who were pissed they had to buy new books. The combat focus is nothing new, the grid system was with us throughout all of 3rd ed, and most classes have more choices and options than tey ever had in 3rd edition.

Sadly, while I do love me some AD&D, Facebook is just not the place I'd ever play it. I rememeber looking at Facebook like 2 years ago, thinking it was lame, and never been back since. I'm looking for less ways for people to annoy me, not more!

-Carn

"excellent Facebook RPG experience", wonder if he wrote that phrase with a straight face.

Back
Top Bottom