BioWare - Trailer for Next Mass Effect Game

I like all the Mass Effect games, the first one the most. Hopefully the games continue to be good. Bioware has changed though, no doubt about it.

The video didn't really tell us much. The ME setting still has lots of potential, but it's hard to say whether or not it'll be realized.

Two questions:

1) Did I understand correctly that we're going to get a new Mass Effect game AND a new IP?

2) Why do those guys work in the dark?

1) they've said a new IP, yes
2) EA cut costs decision

Founders Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka left, now its time for either:

Fresh Blood & awesome new design or Mass Effect 4
or
total flop of this IP and ruin of Bioware, collapse, as masses forget them, thus ends the Mass-e[a]ffect.

What effect will the next game in the series have on gamers especially male ones with healthy vigor? Will there be plenty of sizable round shapes that move and bounce around for them to look at?

Haters going to hate…. *

* I just said that cos we are 2 pages in and I didn't see a single bio fan boy post yet!

I'd expect a reasonable person like you to understand that some of us lament how corporate greed has caused a change that has resulted in games that WE consider so inferior.

Of course they changed--change is inevitable. But caused by greed? That's an opinion. And you are shoving it down our throats. Again.

I'm also tired of these threads because of the same reply's every week. I always think this one will be different, and always get let down.:mad:

This ^^, except I'll never be tired of them and the biggest reason I click the comments is for entertainment value when I'm bored. :biggrin:

*hopes for copy-paste RGB ending references*

Yeah, another cinematic shooter to dominate RPG charts. :)

Of course they changed—change is inevitable. But caused by greed? That's an opinion. And you are shoving it down our throats. Again.

All we have are opinions - and you just shoved yours down my throat. Again :)

But I'm one of those people who understand that opinions are often shared on a public forum - and that I don't have to take it personally when people disagree with me.

I can highly recommend that understanding, though - of course - it takes a bit of getting past yourself to achieve it. Not for everyone.

I also like Bioware games. Its just a shame that they have drifted far from
their pen & paper rpg roots. I also think they try out too few experiments
these days. I actually think they are trying too hard to make games that
lots of people want to play. Those factors and the DLCs definately have something to do with the publisher. I'm also curious to see how the company evolves now that their creative heads have departed.

So… Excited… ME has been my best gaming experience ever, so I really can't wait to see what's next. Love how one of the first comments about what the fans wanted was to "move forward". God, I hope that means no prequel/sidequel.

Anyway, looks like N7 (thus Systems Alliance) is alive and well from the early game peaks, and that at least the PC et al can travel despite the lack of relays. That shuttle/planet looks a bit like the one your former crew crashed in at the end, though I realize those characters won't be involved in any new story/IP.

Last edited:
Founders Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka left, now its time for either:

Fresh Blood & awesome new design or Mass Effect 4
or
total flop of this IP and ruin of Bioware, collapse, as masses forget them, thus ends the Mass-e[a]ffect.

+1. I'm hoping they will go with fresh blood route.

@Thaurin: *waves*. I haven't seen you around for ages!!

Anyway I really don't care if my opinion is not popular as they never are on this site. I seem to not fit the demographic of the user base.:)

I dunno, Couch. A lot of the time yours are the only opinions I agree with. xD And I remember how unpopular my opinion was when the Citadel DLC was released. My partner and I seemed to be the only people around - anywhere - that felt like Citadel was a sarcastic, condescending slap in the face. Er...sorry...no offense. ^.^;;

Be fair. If they didn't put all that effort into finding out what we want there's a chance they might give it to us by accident.

Lmao!! XD

I remember how unpopular my opinion was when the Citadel DLC was released. My partner and I seemed to be the only people around - anywhere - that felt like Citadel was a sarcastic, condescending slap in the face.
Dunno about opinions when it was released as it took me a while to buy it at all.

It was definetly a slap in the face and an unforgivable insult to all fans. It's practically a proper trilogy ending with different outcomes based on your choices (LI and who survived), but is sold separately for too much of cash because... They need more money to pay for electricity in their offices perhaps?

And shame on you who haven't bought it yet. They still have to work in the dark!

Dunno about opinions when it was released as it took me a while to buy it at all.

It was definetly a slap in the face and an unforgivable insult to all fans. It's practically a proper trilogy ending with different outcomes based on your choices (LI and who survived), but is sold separately for too much of cash because… They need more money to pay for electricity in their offices perhaps?

I know, right? And of course that all goes back to probably the biggest reason everyone hates EA. Their business model is "release half of a game. then make the buyer pay the full price of that game again, plus half more, for the rest of it."

And once upon a time, Bioware wasn't like that, but...we all know the ending to that story.

But of course, I'm preaching to the choir, and what I'm saying has been said a million times before. :)

Damn, and I still have not played the Citadel DLC, because my XBox broke before it was released. I'll have to buy some complete edition some time Mass Effect 3 for PC to play it. It did seem like a proper sendoff for the crew (and the game).

Anyway, I thought that day-0 DLC in Dragon Age was bad, but I didn't get offended by it much. I just didn't buy it, shrugged my shoulders and moved on.

Damn, and I still have not played the Citadel DLC, because my XBox broke before it was released. I'll have to buy some complete edition some time Mass Effect 3 for PC to play it. It did seem like a proper sendoff for the crew (and the game).

From what I've seen of Citadel, I don't think you're missing much. I've played all the DLC for ME except that one. It's basically just for laughs and that's not the type of experience I'm looking for in this kind of game.

Back
Top Bottom