What games are you playing now?

Pladio- what chapter are you in?

Im at (im assuming the end) of chapt 2, and its pretty crazy

I finished chapter 3 this weekend. I will probably finish the game next weekend.
And yeah chapter 2 was a bit too gory for me at one point. I don't mind the scares, frights, and some gore, but that was ugly...

Chapter 3 is quite fun and I assume many of its choices will reflect heavily in chapter 4.

I just wished that one thing could have been stopped.

Do not read if you are planning to play.
Carley getting killed by Lily

It's the one time I rewinded to try different dialogue to get a different outcome. But it didn't change anything. Maybe it was something from an earlier episode. I don't know.

I'm thinking of starting over with completely different choices next time to see what happens to the characters and the game.

I managed to tear myself away from Dark Souls for awhile so I can play Dead Space 2 & 3. I wanted to do a quick replay of the second game to refresh my memory about a few things before I start DS3.

About halfway through, and I'm enjoying it almost as much as my original playthrough. I hope DS3 lives up to the previous two games, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm in a bit of a gaming funk at the moment. Nothing seems to hold my attention. I was getting into Realms of the Haunting, but suddenly lost interest. Then I tried starting a new game of Vampire Bloodlines, and lost interest. I'm holding off on Skyrim until the Dragonborn bugs die down a bit, but at the moment that would probably fail to grab me, too.

What I could really go for is something like the Arkham games, but with a Conanesque swords and sorcery setting. Naturally nothing like that exists, because it would be too awesome, so I've been toying around with Castle Crashers and just installed Serious Sam 3. We'll see if some mindless carnage perks me back up. :p

Yeah, I'm also in a bit of a gaming rot…

Not much can hold my interest.

I re-installed Dead Space yesterday and played for a bit. Maybe I can stand it enough to actually complete it. I liked it enough to do that the first time.

The challenge will be to get through DS2 - because I remember stopping about halfway last time. But I like what I'm hearing about the new weapon system in DS3 - and I do have an OCD thing about getting the "complete" experience.

I need to play the first games to have the story fresh.

The Malevolence: The Sword of Ahkranox beta has been taking up my gaming time lately. Imagine a roguelike mixed with old-school 1st-person CRPG (Might & Magic), going to infinity and you have a general idea. It reminds me a bit of the old Dungeon Hack SSI game, though it is turn-based, has towns and an infinite overland world to explore. Daggerfall could be a point of reference too.

It's unfinished and lacks a lot of features - but I've still been really enjoying it. Development is proceeding rapidly and this game has a ton of potential.

The Malevolence: The Sword of Ahkranox beta has been taking up my gaming time lately. Imagine a roguelike mixed with old-school 1st-person CRPG (Might & Magic), going to infinity and you have a general idea. It reminds me a bit of the old Dungeon Hack SSI game, though it is turn-based, has towns and an infinite overland world to explore. Daggerfall could be a point of reference too.

I'll have to keep an eye on that one. I really enjoyed Dungeon Hack, so a more fleshed out version can only be a good thing.

yeah thanks Myrk - that looks cool. I'll check it out when it's finished.

Walking Dead, finishing up act III. Now wanting to play an old school dungeon crawler lately, someone mentioned StoneKeep.. kindda thinking of that or Eye of the Beholder to itch my dungeon crawling itch. Ive played neither and they both look legendary

Completed Alice: Madness Returns. Great game, beautiful to look at and an enjoyable 3d platformer. The game starts off a bit lighter than its predecessors gothic look, but it (and the plot) turns a lot darker; the last chapter was quite disturbing in its themes and visual imagery.

Onto something a bit lighter: Saints Row 2. Umming and ahhing about whether to install the Gentlemen of the Row mod, probably will if only for the bugfixes.

After completing antichamber(My warm recommendation good reviews and scores are well deserved imo) because of announcement of AoW 3 I decided to replay Age of wonders shadow magic since I haven't replayed it since it originally came out.Graphic aged pretty well(I am playing GoG version set on 1920X1080).Gameplay feels good like on day one and I am having blast with it again.

Last edited:
I just completed two replays of NWN: OC + HotU and one replay of Alpha Protocol. Currently playing NWN2: OC.

NWN2 is still a very good game, but the pace really is quite slow the first half or so, just like the OC in NWN1. Luckily, the OC in NWN2 picks up after a while, but the one in NWN simply.. doesn't.

Note: I'm surprised by how good NWN2 actually looks on a computer that can run everything on maximum settings. Performance issues prevented that in the past. It really looks a LOT better than the original NWN.

I'm surprisingly engaged by Dead Space. I'm at Chapter 6 - I believe, which is around halfway through. The pacing is very good - though it's ultimately still too much action, too little tension.

Since I know DS2 is much worse - I can only hope I can get through it because I'm aware of it before going in.

It's what got me through Mass Effect 2 the second time.

Strangely, it seems that Dead Space has had the same progression of design as Mass Effect has had.

Both series started out focusing on atmosphere and story, without constant combat - and both have devolved into straight-up shooters. Dead Space 3 seems to have expanded the weapon system - exactly like Mass Effect 3 expanded the weapon/mod system.

Both are published by EA… Hmmm :)

Hehe, anyway, I'd forgotten just how powerful the sound design is in Dead Space. I've hooked my PC up to the projector and I'm experiencing everything in surround sound. Amazing sound in this game.

actually cheating my butt off and having fun blasting away at zombies in "Land of the Dead".

A mostly-awful zombie-themed FPS that's really only fun if you do the all weapons / all ammo cheat and give yourself everything and just cruise thru the game destroying zombies w/ headshots from the hunting rifle. Fun for me anyways, I love blowing those rotten bastards away.

Every hundred zombies I kill takes my blood pressure down 10 pts, it's actually quite therapeutic.

Holy shittake, i went online w/ this train wreck and there's actually a pretty sizeable multiplayer community for this game. Maps, mods, deathmatch. Co-op vs waves of zombies. It can be kinda fun, but is still mostly crappy due to sketchy hit detection =\

Last edited:
Just finished Dead Space 2, and I've started Dead Space 3. Nothing to really say about DS3 yet, as I'm still in the first chapter. I'll probably start an impressions thread once I get a little further.

Dead Space 2 was as good as I remembered it. A fantastic game till the end and right on par with DS1. I only hope DS3 is close to the same level.

I'm in Chapter 4 of Dead Space 3 now, and I'm trying to keep an open mind seeing as how I'm still early in the game.

That said, I'm absolutely stunned by some of the design decisions in this game, and not in a good way. :(

I just havent gotten motivated to really play anything lately, but when I do, Ive been playing a little Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Path of Exile. Im trying to figure out if I like PoE better than TL2. Im only like lvl 6 or so though (Duelist...I just cleared the Fetid Pool and Mud Flats right outside the starting town)

I have been playing a bunch of different things since I started gaming on my laptop. The one that has hooked my attention at the moment has been Inquisitor. What a cool game. The story and dialog is awesome and well written, and the whole feel of the game is like a murder mystery/follow the clues and solve the case type thing. And it's all set in a world on the verge of the apocalypse and there's all types of demonic things happening. Lots of references to God and Satan and demons and heretics and blasphemy, oh my. Really liking it.

I'm surprised it got so little coverage. I can barely find a review online for it.

Back
Top Bottom