Prey - Typhon Abilities

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Thesixthaxis made a list of things you should know about Prey:

10 Things To Know About Prey And The Typhon Abilities

If you're not looking forward to Arcane Studios reboot of Prey, well... you should be! This is the developer behind the excellent Dishonored series, and they're bringing that kind of sensibility to Prey when it releases at the start of next month, with a deeply psychological twist and a fascinating decrepit space station to explore.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Yet another video I'm going to avoid watching. I'm a little surprised how much stuff they're revealing prior to release. I feel like the less I know the better.

H:ZD does have pacing issues, and the story is sort of overly-convoluted. There's a huge exposition dump at the end. But for a new IP? Almost flawless how polished it is. Only encountered one audio bug, and it's a big, big game.

So… it's an FPS with a few skill trees?
That would be a "hybrid RPG/Shooter" game. The two aren't mutually exclusive at all.

Though now games like these seem to be getting called "immersive sims" - at least by PC Gamer.

It's a spiritual System Shock 2 successor - so it's bound to have skills and RPG mechanics.

Though now games like these seem to be getting called "immersive sims" - at least by PC Gamer.

And PC Gamer should knock that off, because it's a really stupid name.

Back
Top Bottom