Bethesda Softworks - Fallout Games on Steam

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
After the take down of all Fallout games on GOG it seems Bethesda has pulled them off Steam also. According to this tweet they are planning to re-release them on Steam.
We’re working to return classic @Fallout games (1, 2, Tactics) to Steam and will provide an update when they’re ready to go. — Bethesda Softworks (@Bethblog)
More information.

Last edited:
Yeah right.
Thanks for nothing Bethesda.
All these games needed was the extra layer of DRM that will be added when they get released on Steam.

Extort Convince Obsidian into some interviews with the original developers to spice-up the bundle?

I'm confused. I already have them on Steam but perhaps this was still Interplay. I haven't heard that the Fallout games also were removed from Steam. I can't check as Steam seems to have problems right know.

EDIT: Reading the comments for the tweet explains that they have temporarily been removed to fix publisher, legal text etc.

Counterpoint:

Bethesda makes the best games ever created. Not only that, these games are moddable so that they can be made to play exactly as you want to play them. Of course, modding takes a modicum of intelligence, so it might be beyond the grasp of some folks.

Silliness ahead:
Sounds like the same folks that won't wear deodorant because stinking was good enough for their parents, so its good enough for them. Play Fallout 1 and 2, but the rest of us have evolved to a higher level.

Bethesda is the bane of all gaming and nothing NOTHING they make is remotely good in anyway. They published some good games in the past, but that's about it. What they make, the decisions they take, everything Bethesda is terrible.
Really? Even if i always don't like the games they make (in their vanilla form at least) they're still easily among the coolest devs and publishers in my book. The decision to outsource the development of New Vegas to Obsidian, releasing Arena and Daggerfall for free instead of selling them on Steam or GOG and letting Arkane release Arx Fatalis source code (and also letting ID Software release Doom 3 source code) were terrible? Or giving people their toolset for free with each game they make?

Bethesda is the bane of all gaming and nothing NOTHING they make is remotely good in anyway. They published some good games in the past, but that's about it. What they make, the decisions they take, everything Bethesda is terrible.

Full ACK! This could be my new signature..

No.

Counterpoint:

Bethesda makes the best games ever created. Not only that, these games are moddable so that they can be made to play exactly as you want to play them. Of course, modding takes a modicum of intelligence, so it might be beyond the grasp of some folks.

Also no.

Eyecandy, openworld, modability, music - hell what's terrible there? Bethesda can eat any competitor with that. Well… Could. As we don't know yet will 2014. titles come close if not beat that.

On the other hand… Bethesda has a problem with scripted stories and writing in general, to cover it up they're using good old jrpg strategy - as much grinding and fetch quests as possible! Now that's definetly terrible.

DLC? They've released 3 for their last game, 1 is utterly useless, 1 is partially good and partially bad, 1 is unbelievably awsome. Can't say if whole DLC thing is negative or positive when it comes to Bethesda, but at least they didn't make a stockpile of those like some other really evil companies do (EA, yes, the best example, although not the only).

To sum it up. Bethesda's games are what in movie industry Titanic is. Spectacular wrapping that sells like a cure, but no soul inside. Both got awards and awards... Plus… This site is not about bugs in Bethesda's games but about Titanic "bugs":
http://www.moviemistakes.com/film1299

Asked a few times on twitter about returning FO1/2/T on GOG, all they replied was "steam". Fans want old BIS games DRMfree, only a soulless creature(s) can't see that. But as I've said, Bethesda's games have no soul. It's not anything odd, Beth employees obviously have no soul in RL anyway.

Counterpoint:

Silliness ahead:
Sounds like the same folks that won't wear deodorant because stinking was good enough for their parents, so its good enough for them. Play Fallout 1 and 2, but the rest of us have evolved to a higher level.

Lol... oh god. Hope you're not serious on either point. I'm neither in the "OMG, I LOVE YOU, BETHESDA" or the "FALLOUT 1 > ALL" camps, but your post screams of pretentious fanboyism.

It was pretentious fanboyism ;)

"Silliness ahead:" was probably the sign of such thing xD
- anyway, IMHO Bethesda can make vast, eyecatching worlds, with decent mechanics. Worlds full with sidequests - and some of them are real gems. They are superior at making open sanboxes… BUT their main storylines are often dul and/or silly and/or simply shallow.
Oblivion in storytelling was step backward to morrowind, and level-scaling was criticised even by many fanboys. Fallout3 was /for me/ very good at gameplay and level design, but the main quest was infantile, moreover: they haven't even tried to make sth new - simply reused Enclave and FEV themes.
Bethesda is not perfect, but certainly it is a decent developer :)

Perhaps there is an Enhanced Edition in the works? I suspect we would have heard though.

Sounds like the same folks that won't wear deodorant because stinking was good enough for their parents, so its good enough for them.

Plus the French. :p

Jane you ignorant...

I'm curious when Bethesda managed to finally acquire FO1, 2 and Tactics. I presume they picked up the Bros of Steel in the bargain?

Play Fallout 1 and 2, but the rest of us have evolved to a higher level.
One of the most hilarious things I've ever read on this site.

I just hope you weren't serious.

Hmm I have had a lot of fun with bethesda titles over the years, must be doing something wrong.

One of the most hilarious things I've ever read on this site.

I just hope you weren't serious.
I don't know with him it's hard to tell sometimes.;) Anyway I go to sleep and this is what the thread turns into. It's Hilarious guys Thank you.:lol:

Jane you ignorant…

I'm curious when Bethesda managed to finally acquire FO1, 2 and Tactics. I presume they picked up the Bros of Steel in the bargain?
Interplay lost the rights on December 31st, 2013, and Bethesda should own the rights to every Fallout now. That should include the game no nobody talks about for the PS2.:shh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom