Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone please update the search function ?

I was just looking for my own thread/blog called "A Thought", and the search function wanted "4 words minimum".

I guess I've got to dig it, then. ;)

Edit: Just found out something strage:

The search term you specified (NWN) is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.

Okay, but as I just used the search with the word "Module", I got a direct hit ...

Could it be, that it shouldn't read "4 words", but instead "4 letters" ?

Last edited:
The letter "A" in your first search is too short, the serach function needs 4-letter word(s) at least. The term "word length" refers to the amount of letters in a word, not the amount of words in a sentence. ;)

The term "word length" refers to the amount of letters in a word, not the amount of words in a sentence. ;)

Okay, but this isn't clear. The error message never says it means the word length, not the sentence length.

What's with the IMG tag? I couldn't get this

duty_calls.png

to work... on a News thread. Works fine here, though.

The IMG tag is not allowed in the news comments forum. I'm not sure if that's the intended behavior or an oversight, but I'll let Jaz handle the details. ;)

I remember that being intentional ... I think it goes back to VB or something ...

Yeees, I believe it was an intentional choice.

I believe it was because the comment threads are the only threads that can be used by anonymous posters. So limiting the functionality was a spam prevention.
As you can see from my and other staff members posts, we aren't too sure however on the exact reasons :)
But it could be changed to disallow images only for unregistered visitors.

Ah.. yes, I just read up on it. After several bans VB had started to post questionable images as a guest in news threads, so at the time it was either disable guest posting or disable the IMG tag. Myrthos chose the latter.

That would be fair enough as far as I'm concerned. :)

I believe it was because the comment threads are the only threads that can be used by anonymous posters. So limiting the functionality was a spam prevention.
As you can see from my and other staff members posts, we aren't too sure however on the exact reasons :)

That makes sense, and the change makes even more sense. Not that it's a huge deal, of course.

I implemented Highslide JS, so now there's hopefully more userfriendly thumbnails and oversized images in this forum.

Example from the Dwarf Fortress thread:
[img="This is me over there, waving."]http://www.prime-junta.net/dropbox/z02_shot02.png[/img]

Highslide is also offering captions for images, you can write a caption by including an option in the img tag, like so: [ img="This is my text" ] ...

Still to do: some color adjustments for the different vb styles

It doesn't work with inline attachments using [ attach ] atachmentid [ /attach].. that would require modifying more.. internal stuff.

Last edited:
Any way to get a scroll bar when zoomed in to 1:1 scale? Still have to open it in a new window to see the full size version on smaller desktop resolutions.

There should be an icon on the lower right side of the pic when you hover over the enlarged version with your mouse pointer, which when clicked on expands the image to the actual size.

Don't know about a scrollbar, I'll have to check the documentation.

Updated the forums software today. Please note the following:
In this version, users may no longer set their password to be the same as their username. Such passwords make accounts vulnerable to exploitation from automated scripts and programs that can guess the password to access your board under the guise of the affected users. This may be done for the purposes of spam or online identity theft.

Users with these password will be prompted to change them on their next login.

I am embarrassed to say it, but I just did go back into the User CP and saw all the great additions you have made. Very well done indeed. :)

Could someone please please please please please please please please please please please please please check the layouts of the profile screen, the private message editor screen and related screens with Opera ?

Elements just look horrible out of place in Opera, and I don't know why. And it does so since the beginning of RPGWatch, I fear.

I apologize in advance if this has been questioned and answered here already.

But I would like to ask regarding a "Post Icons" menu.

If you are not using "standard basic text box editor", then this menu interferes with "message window" which is not visible as a whole because of it and that's quite annoying when you do not see the whole text you are typing.

I'm using Firefox 3.x as my default browser and default forum skin.

I can block this element with Ad-Block Plus plugin but it is not a standard solution. I think that the problem is that the width of the middle column is too small in comparison with message (WYSIWYG) window. When I use IE7, the column is little wider, but still it is not perfect.

I would maybe suggest to move "Post Icons" element down next to "Additional Options" in page Layout or to increase the width of the middle column.

Last edited:
But I would like to ask regarding a "Post Icons" menu.

If you are not using "standard basic text box editor", then this menu interferes with "message window" which is not visible as a whole because of it and that's quite annoying when you do not see the whole text you are typing.

Should be fixed now. The problem wasn't the post icons menu but rather the size of the editor window in wysiwyg mode.

Elements just look horrible out of place in Opera, and I don't know why. And it does so since the beginning of RPGWatch, I fear.

Nah, just since the beginning of vBulletin 3.7 ;) They added a lot of new stuff to the User CP and profile page and I haven't gotten around to change everything yet. Will do eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom