Of Orcs and Men - Dated, New Screens

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Focus has announced Of Orcs and Men will be released on October 11th (October 18th for some territories and digital download). They've also released a new batch of screens.
Now just a month from release on Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3 and PC, Of Orcs and Men, the role-playing game jointly realized by Spiders (Realization and Development) and Cyanide (Concept and Production) today reveals more in five new screenshots, recounting an excerpt of the quest of our two heroes: Arkaïl the Orc warrior, and Styx the Goblin!

Arkaïl and Styx's adventure is filled with traps, dangers, and shady characters. While Arkaïl's reputation as the unrivaled warrior isn't to be questioned and Styx' ability to play his cards right no matter the situation is outstanding, the path toward their objective is long and traverses many dangerous territories. The surroundings of the Wall are cutthroat, filled with bandits and the inquisitors hot on their trail. Below the foundations of the Wall lie the menacing catacombs, filled with vermin and savage goblins. They will also have to be wary of the apparent tranquility of the Isle of Laments, haven of The Sisters of Laments, one of the most dangerous mercenary group in the Empire. After all, assassinating the man at the very head of the Empire is no doubt the most dangerous mission the Bloodjaws will ever undertake... and it is this very mission players will lead in October, when the game releases on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC!

From the Wall separating the Empire of Men from the Orc territories to the Isle of Laments, Of Orcs and Men's fantasy universe comes to life thanks to the powerful graphics engine developed by Spiders. The screenshots revealed today are a testimony of the care of Spiders and Cyanide to realize a quality role-playing game endowed with a strong identity, an exceptional ambiance, and unique graphics rendering.

Take arms, and lead the green-skinned people's rebellion on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC retail on October 11th (October 18th in UK, Germany, and worldwide for download on PC).
More information.

Honestly can't wait.
Where is pibbur to move me in the police box one month in the future? ;)

as crazy as it sounds, I'm hoping either Dishonored or Orcs and Men gets delayed at least 45 days. But for both of them to come out within days of each other will put one of the games in my queue, possibly never to emerge . . .

Despite all the previews I've read of this game, I still know almost nothing about it. I can't seem to find any articles that talk about actual gameplay.

From what little video footage I've seen, I'm assuming it uses a third-person camera. I'm curious about what combat is going to be like though. Is it a button masher? What about character development? Is there stealth?

I've been assuming it's in the same engine as Game of Thrones and I always expected it'd play similarly.

I am probably completely off, though.

The quote mentions that the engine is made by spiders. spiders were not involved in game of thrones, at least I remember nothing of the like....

Here are the official minimum system requirements from their forum:

PROCESSOR: AMD/INTEL DUAL-CORE 2 GHZ
RAM MEMORY: 2048 MB
GRAPHICS CARD: 512 MB 100% DIRECTX 9 AND SHADERS 4.0 COMPATIBLE
ATI RADEON HD 3850/NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT OR HIGHER
DVD-ROM: 2X DRIVE
HARD DISK SPACE: 6 GB
SOUND CARD: DIRECTX 9 COMPATIBLE
INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED FOR THE GAME ACTIVATION

They say it will be on Steam on the 18th of October.

I'm not interested in co-op or other kinds of multiplayer. ;)
As for game length it says "Of Orcs And Men is a role playing RPG with between 15-20 hours of gameplay". But I want the digital version, I'm not buying boxed games for a few years now and the preorder on amazon seems to be a retail version. :( With a gift wrap available, haha

I'd like to be excited for this game as the concept is very cool... But then again, it's Cyanide so I'm not going to expect anything even remotely good out of this.

Back
Top Bottom