What games are you playing now?

Got my hands on the StarCraft 2 Beta. Only played a couple of games against the AI so far, but I can say this game definitely rocks.

I just bought Dragon Age for 20 euros so I will be starting with it today or tomorrow. First I need to finish Prince of Persia

We'll expect a full report, Commander JDR.

Im bored w/ Demigod, now starting my first ever playthru of ToEE. Playing my last PnP Paladin. While still only in Hommlet, i have to say that so far im happy about the awesomely glorious 2D graphics, and adherance to 3.5 which is my favorite ruleset. I'm a bit pensive about the config so far - i could only make the game run on win7 64 bit by patching to v2 and using nocd. Which made Avira go nuts until i told it to back off. Quite frankly im amazed the game runs at all, in fact it runs great.

My dilemma is to Co8 or not- im a purist in the sense that i always want to play a game as envisioned by the creators, yet i hear theres many potentially show stopping bugs that Co8's work fixes. Should i risk it? I think im going to forge ahead w/ fingers crossed without it

Co8 is the game the devs originally envisaged!! :)

Just installed bunch of games. Playing IWD2, Age of Mythology, The Witcher, DAO + Awakening and BG2 + ToB.

Installed NPC mod project for IWD2 since I hate the silence especially when I'm travelling with other 5 people. And installed Ser Gilmore mod for DAO. It should be interesting because this mod continues on to DA:A as well.

Hey Purps, why not join us on DDO? :)

My internet connection is crap-tastic in this new place =\ I just quit wow for the same reason too. I just lag too much to play online games =.=

Just installed bunch of games. Playing IWD2, Age of Mythology, The Witcher, DAO + Awakening and BG2 + ToB.

That's a lot of games... When it comes to crpgs, I only play one at a time, or I tend to get sidetracked, and end up not finishing one or more of them.

I tried playing Age of Mythology last year, but I just couldn't get into it. I like a good RTS once in awhile, but I found AoM to be.... boring?

Is it your first time playing The Witcher? How do you like it so far?

My bf recommended me to play AoM because I can't handle fast RTS. As for The Witcher.. yes, it is my 1st time playing. I didn't get too far. Dialogue and story progression seems to be good so far. Combat is uber boring tho. And… too many girls approaching Geralt.. makes me uncomfortable.

Like you said, kinda hard to keep up with 4 different crpgs + AoM :D But I get bored easily so keep switching around between them.

And yes, thats a lot of rpg but I always play BG2 :D So that's nothing new there.

Age of Mythology can be played slow if you play on easy. I still play it a lot, great game.

Still trying to get rolling in ToEE, first the game wpuldnt fire up after 5 hours of play, the i went ahead and installed co8, now im re- creating the party and re-outfittong everyone. keep finding myself saying Screw that, im going to play Brutal Legend for a few hours. On the last mission of Brutal Legend, kinda cruising around savoring the world and finding all the power ups and secrets before i accept the final mission.

Thanks for reminding me about Geralt, i have to onstall Witcher on my new superpc, i gotta see what it looks like w/ everything cranked!

I can't wait to replay The Witcher, but I'm forcing myself to wait until Witcher 2 is close to release. I want to play them back to back.

Still playing DA: Awakening, and messing around with the StarCraft 2 Beta. I have mixed feelings about SC2. It's definitely a solid game, but I think I expected a bit more from something that took 12 years to arrive.

I also spent a few hours with a copy of Alpha Protocol last night. I wasn't too impressed, and I don't think I'll be bothering with a full playthrough.

I give up trying to get TOEE running on win7 x64, it's been several times of it working and getting my hopes up, then not working. Ive went thru Hommlett twice, and made like 4 different parties and main chars so far.. almost ready to chuck the game out the window.

I'm going to try it on my XP system now w/ patch 1-2 & co8 5.8 - if that doesnt work it's a coaster!

Witcher gave me hell too running it all directors cutted on the monster system, so I just took the path of least resistance - rebought it on Steam. Works like a charm =\

and as an added bonus, trying to get the nocd off a site a minute ago, somehow, my old XP system just got totally nuked by virii out of the blue. So it's going berserk right now.

This game better be worth it

Decided to restart my 2nd playthru of TW, since I'd left off of it for too long.
I managed to beat the Beast yesterday on hard, but after I'd found a trick to do that.

Still busy with our eternal DA playthrough, this time with a 3 mage party, and just to get the blood mage unlocked; - i want to use that for DA :A which I've fiddled with a bit already.
Now that I'm back in familiar Vizima again in The Witcher, I decided to take a quick break from Geralt to advance my playthru of Div2.

For some reason I find Sentinel Island especially boring, with it’s flat, cold characters and boring hack 'n slash combat; even moreso now that I’ve tasted Witcher again with its warm lifelike characters.

Still trying to get through the barrier, I’ve now entered a cave on behest of Sassan, but I think I'd rather go back and do a bit of DA again soon.

I feel I need my brain challenged a bit more, so I'm trying to think of a nice strategy or AG to play next.

Probably either Darkness Within or Nostradamus, since my local gaming store is still waiting for copies of Black Mirror 2 and Slip Space.

I might want to try Alpha Protocol, in spite of the bad reviews. Still have King Arthur and a few others to try out, including Venetica.

Hey, Age of Mythology rocks! I probably wouldn't replay it very often, but it's a nice experience to have gone through at least once. I enjoyed the campaign story .

Replaying the Witcher all maxed out & director's cut on my newest monster-pc. Wow.
What a great game, now even better. At first it kinda sucks, and i can see how people can blow it off, but after sinking my fangs in the game proper and into the groove im hooked. Rollin w/ the Squirrels this time!

I played a little while on hard….. Nah. I dont like sittng around pounding on enemies for twice as long, and my loot cut in half. After hack hack hacking away on simple drowners and barghests forever, i decided to go back to Normal difficulty. I'll live w/ the stupid flame cursor thing and dump more points in frivilous talents. Like "brawler"

anyone know of a mod to kill the flame cusor in normal?

Considering that the strengths in TW DO NOT lie in combat, no matter the difficulty, I consider that a smart move. Just get to the good stuff and try to fly through the combat as fast as possible. :)

Hmmm.. I have to disagree, at least a little. ;)

I find The Witcher *much* more enjoyable on Hard, and the combat itself a lot more fun as well. Even during my first playthrough, I had no trouble at all playing on Hard. Of course that excludes the battle against everyone's favorite Hellhound.

Back
Top Bottom