Telepath Tactics - Update #12, Final Hours

Dhruin

SasqWatch
There's literally a couple of hours left in Telepath Tactics' Kickstarter - currently $18k of $25k - quite a big ask but there's been a lot of last minute activity, so there's hope. If you are interested, this is absolutely your last chance:
As Swedish hair band Europe once said: "It's the final countdown!" (I can't type cheesy synths directly into an update, but if I could, I would do so right here.)
We're now in the middle of the final day for the Telepath Tactics Kickstarter. Over the course of this campaign, such luminaries as Brian Fargo and Kieron Gillen have pledged their support to the project. Today, I actually got a tweet from Julian Gollop--the brilliant designer behind the original X-COM--saying (and I quote): "Yes indeed I have heard of Telepath Tactics. I am seriously looking forward to it!" Holy hell, people. [...]
On a more mundane note: I've continued pressing forward with development, restructuring the way that dialog is formatted in Telepath Tactics to accommodate future support for multiple responses in dialog. In short: branching dialog and branching campaign support is just on the horizon! I've also added some really neat new features to the game, including predictive damage displays and point lighting. (You can see a screenshot of the point lighting in action below.)
More information.

Definitely too bad ... wish I could have done more.

I hope Craig does an Antharion and simply restarts his campaign (maybe at 20k instead of 25k, just to be sure); we're far beyond the point when failing at Kickstarter once was for some unknown reason seen as the end of the world. It just makes no sense whatsoever for any indie dev to simply pack up and leave when he or she has already proven that it's possible to raise over $15,000 in a comparatively short amount of time...

There was an article on gamespy about the kickstarter 2 days or so before it ended. Hopefully better timed next time if mr. Stern decides to have another go.

I definitely think he should give it another shot, and I'm not the kind of guy who usually says that. I was planning on jumping in, but I didn't have the money to do it until it was too late.

Back
Top Bottom