Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Dark Padparadscha

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

Arhu

Two Sides
Staff Member
Administrator
Note: You can change the forum style by scrolling all the way down and picking an option in the dropdown menu at the left side. (Thanks Jaz)

This is a more in-depth version of gaboru93's original poll.

I'd like to know which color combination you are currently using on the forums. If possible, please say why you like it. Are you perhaps alternating every now and then (I know I am ;))?

Which color combination do you like least of all? And why? Anything that you feel should be adjusted?

Is there a color scheme you'd like to see eventually? (No promises, just looking for inspiration)

And now that you've probably used RPGWatch for over a year, what annoys you the most?

Last edited:
Well, I just screwed up my vote (apparently you can vote by clicking on an option without actually having to "submit" it), so there's an extra vote for dark pad... I actually use dark lapis. I got used to lapis from day one and haven't really had the need nor desire to change. I did pick dark over light because I couldn't handle the bright background.

I don't know that I've got any real complaints. I suppose the best I could offer is that the menu bar and forum paths are a little too close together. I regularly mouse up to change path, overshoot and get a pulldown menu that I have to wait to expire before taking a second attempt at hitting the forum path link. I don't know that I could even call that "low priority".

I normally use dark lapis(my vote), but I am now trying out dark padparadscha because I just found it due to this poll. ;) It may become my new default.

I like the dark formats better as I find them easier to read, and they just look less glare-y to me, but I will sometimes switch to light for posts that have colored text in them, as they read clearer that way.

I normally use light padparadsch: it's the pinkest scheme available, and I like pink; besides, pad light reminds me of sundawn. Interestingly, the light scheme is easier on my eyes than the dark one (back at the other site I used the black-and-red scheme exclusively, which was easier on my eyes than all the dark color schemes of the Watch combined).
I like Lapis Watch the least because I just don't like the color blue.

I use Light Peridot Watch. But as our visitors can't see that one yet, I also use the default one ;)

I use light Lapis - it doesn't scream so loud as many others.

As written in Gaboru's thread I use Dark Lapis. The light Lapis is simply too bright for me.

As for Arhu requesting inspiration, then I've always liked the colour green... It also seems to fit an RPG website taken the "nature" of many RPGs into account.

As for Arhu requesting inspiration, then I've always liked the colour green... It also seems to fit an RPG website taken the "nature" of many RPGs into account.
Peridot Watch is green...... You'll have to wait until that one gets active though.

Peridot Watch is green...... You'll have to wait until that one gets active though.

oh, I guess I should have searched a dictionary before writing. But great news! Are you just adding a new colour scheme or are you planning another Watch (Like the padparadscha colour scheme being linked to GothicWatch)?

I only see two colours, Light and Dark. Where are the other choices, or am I missing something obvious as usual, due to advancing senility!! :) Don't laugh, one day you'll wake up old too!! :p

Scroll all the way down and look to the left. There's a dropdown menu. Now pick the style of your choice.
Each of Arhu's styles has the light and dark options.

oh, I guess I should have searched a dictionary before writing. But great news! Are you just adding a new colour scheme or are you planning another Watch (Like the padparadscha colour scheme being linked to GothicWatch)?
I still have my own site (The Locus Inn), which is located on the RPGDot server and that I have to move. Due to lack of time and laziness, I haven't done that yet. The green color is the style for that site. It's also the first site with a different logo.

Thanks Jaz, I'd never seen that before!!

Dark Lapis is the best for me. Strange that some people tend to like the light schemes and others the dark ones. I know that I changed from light to dark on day 1 here, just cause my eyes couldn't keep looking to the forum.

I've used Dark Lapis for years. Because of this post I looked at the colors and the Dark Amber was the last one I tested. Because of that, I will probably use Dark Amber for several years as I'm too lazy to switch back :D

Whatever the default colours are, that's what I'm using.

I haven't the patience to change it all the time.

Lapis/default... it looks minimalist and clean. Dark theme would make user avatar harder to see... especially a darker avatars.

Back
Top Bottom