Raji: An Ancient Epic - All About Level Design

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Raji: An Ancient Epic has five days remaining on Kickstarter. The developers talked to 80 Level about the level design in the game and its inspirations.

Introduction

Hi! My name is Shruti Ghosh and I’m from India. I’m one of the founders and artist at Nodding Heads Games. It’s been almost a year that we have set out on this indie journey. I have a traditional painting background for my fine arts major and a diploma in 2d and 3d animation. Even though of my painting background I’m a self taught 3D artist. I have mostly worked as an Environment Artist for games like Burnout Dominator and Open World, VC Arts Fantastic Four etc. Even though I was working as Art Manager at EA, India I was not creatively happy hence we all quit our jobs and started working on our dream project. In Nodding Heads Games we are 8 of us, Ian another founder and artist is the veteran of the team with almost 18 years of experience who has worked in companies like Stainless, Acclaim, Rockstar, Ubisoft and The Chinese Room. Then we have Anirudh, our concept artist, Avichal who is the third founder and the game designer( the task master), Himanshu our animator, Paras our coder, Rafael our VFX artist and lastly Linus our sound designer and composer.

About the game

The main aspects that shaped Raji – An Ancient Epic are the many Indian lores and myths, such as epics like Mahabharata and Ramayana, and the magnificent Medieval architecture of Rajasthan. We used the foundation of lores as inspiration but Raji is a unique universe.

[...]
More information.

They're barely over the 1/3 mark with 5 days left. Looks like a fail. I guess India isn't impressed either or doesn't have enough people who can afford a pc and internet connection.

looks cool imo. but .. i dont think the market or our context is good for it.
we need complexity, and i see nothing unique or complex about it

Back
Top Bottom