King Arthur - UK Retail Version

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A box version of King Arthur has been announced for the UK in June. Here's the PR:
Destiny is yours for the taking, Arthur son of Uther Pendragon, the Once and Future King!

LONDON, ENGLAND – 18th May 2010 – Ascaron UK Ltd are pleased to announce that King Arthur The Role-Playing Wargame, an innovative mixture of RPG and Strategy, is set to receive its eagerly anticipated UK retail release on PC on Friday June 11th with a recommended retail price of £29.99.

Developed by NeocoreGames, an independent game studio based in Hungary, King Arthur The Role-Playing Wargame sees players guide the legendary King Arthur in his effort to conquer the warring provinces of Britannia, unite the kingdom and bring lasting peace. Recruit the fabled Knights of the Round Table, dispatching them to all corners of the realm on a variety of missions, improving them to become the most powerful of heroes. Build the majestic and awe inspiring Camelot, govern a growing kingdom, and oversee spectacular battles where thousands of skilled warriors, powerful magicians and fearsome creatures clash in bloody fights to the death.

Every decision the player makes will determine Arthur’s morality as a King creating their own legend; will he be a kind and benevolent ruler or a ruthless monarch? A Christian king or a Pagan leader? Destiny shall decide…
More information.

The game has some nice innovations but certain bugs (quest and progress related) ruins the pleasure in playing it for me. Also gameplay balance is mediocre.
It has a lot of potention but its lacks polishing to be above average.

Also support is lacking alot. almost no word from the developers about patch progress and stuff like that. A real shame.

i could say a lot but whoa man you are way off. maybe news lately is not so forthcoming but they are working on 2 dlcs in additon to a completely new game. as far as patches are concerned they released multiple ones within a few weeks that not only fixed bugs but addressed peoples wishlists like a toggle for archers range being shown and a host of others i forget. its true i quit playing because of a bug but i had started the game from day one and didn't start over when the patches rolled out. so yes its not a perfect game, but in response to bug fixes etc, out of the 25 years and hundreds of games i've played i've not ONCE seen a dev with better patch support, which doesn't necessarily translate to the most bug free or best game, just the devs willingness to give the players what they desire, while also making things optional unlike many games and there sequels that completely go thru paradigm shifts that some gamers crave, but at the expense of others.

by the way the dlcs are supposed to be out by the end of this month, or at least the first one.

by the way the dlcs are supposed to be out by the end of this month, or at least the first one.

Yep the addons are comming but they said that months ago too. Certainly there are bugs fixed but the main problems are stll there. Quest line is bugged and then there is the crashing problem. Dont get me wrong, i enjoyed the game but its not that smooth to play.

Yes, the main quest line is very buggy. I played for 35 hours into the campaign and now I'm stuck. Nothing happens even though I've completed every objective. Kinda sucks. The devs on their board told me to send in my savegame but that was about 2 months ago. No word since then. I don't care about new games or DLC, I just want to play a game where the main storyline isn't buggy as hell.

Had loads of fun until the bugfest started.

I want to play it , as it sounds like similar playstyle as Warhammer:Mark of Chaos, but looks like waiting til it hits the bargain bin may be a wise choice this time around

Back
Top Bottom