The Planescape Trilogy - Purgatorio Release Date

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Rogue Dao Studios has their forums up and running again and it didn't take long for this post announcing a tentative release date for Purgatorio:
We have a huge amount of content to get uploaded and working. Please be patient. I will announce when it is safe to start downloading the haks. You can get the music now. The module will come out on Friday, March 13th.
Links are provided to some content they've started to upload to NW Vault, although as you can see, only download the music at the moment.
More information.

That's... like... next week! O_O

I had just about given up on this one, but looks like that was premature. Can't wait!

First Ultima 6 is almost complete. Then a Huge Dues Ex mod almost complete and now Planescape trilogy almost complete. If the big developers won't make our games then it looks like the community will :)

Wow ... here I was thinking I would be able to luxuriate in Drakensang for a while ... now we get MoW and this right on top of each other!

Ain't that the truth. I almost feel like I haven't played a proper new game since The Witcher came out. I'm now hooked on Civ IV, but that's not exactly new. Now Drakensang is out, then Empire: TW is out, then the Companion Patch for VtM:B, then MoW, then Purgatorio, a huge new release of Dwarf Fortress is just around the corner... what next, is Team Gizka going to finally finish their Restoration Project?

For over a year, nothing but light snacks like ME and FO3, and now we're getting a huge freakin' banquet all of a sudden. *And* I'm feeling more hopeful about Dragon Age too, lately! Bring it on!

Don't know if turn-based strategy is your thing, but King's Bounty is a feast of tactical goodness. I've been playing since it came out and it just keeps delivering.

Also, the Age of Decadence demo is right around the corner.

Guess we'll have to stop talking about how they don't make real RPGs anymore. Seems like we go through dry spells and then are flooded with them :)

Very cool. I'm pretty bored with MotB and not ready to jump into SoZ yet, so maybe this will be the first mod I try!

Don't know if turn-based strategy is your thing, but King's Bounty is a feast of tactical goodness. I've been playing since it came out and it just keeps delivering.

Also, the Age of Decadence demo is right around the corner.

That too? It is going to be a bumper year.

Yeah, King's Bounty is one of the ones I've been sort of meaning to get to. My problem with turn-based strategy is that I like it too damn much; those games tend to eat my soul, so I only allow myself about one every other year. That's why I only got to Civilization now. With any luck, I'll make it to King's Bounty some time around 2014...

Very good news! Looks like our yearly "Best of" poll will have a decent amount of entries this year. I, too, had my doubts that this one was going to see the light of day.

@Prime J: Yes, you're wise to leave King's Bounty alone if you are pressed for time. It was the only game from last year that kept me up all night repeatedly and caused my dogs and husband to think I'd died or been kidnapped by aliens.

Superb! Wasn't sure we'd see anything at all on this, I'm going to have to invent new ways of distracting my girlfriend so that I can fit in more play time to cover all the bases. Alternatively I might try and give up sleep.

Give tons of money and say these words exactly "I want you to have a YOU day. You've done so much for me, I think you should do something extra special for yourself." Then Sarah goes shopping for hours not just for one day either. Also make an appointment for a hot springs (if you have them) She loves going there, I don't though. It gets too hot for me, but this works everytime. Plus it has the added bonus of actually being the truth and it doesn't hurt to show your appreciation everynow and then. It's just that these games reminded you that you should show your appreciation ;)

I wouldn't recommend the alternative of giving up sleep. That tends to make people to be a bit crabby. I think that would have the opposite effect on your G/F and she would be quite pissed off at the games and you for your new found crabbiness :biggrin:

Give tons of money and say these words exactly "I want you to have a YOU day. You've done so much for me, I think you should do something extra special for yourself." Then Sarah goes shopping for hours not just for one day either. Also make an appointment for a hot springs (if you have them) She loves going there, I don't though. It gets too hot for me, but this works everytime. Plus it has the added bonus of actually being the truth and it doesn't hurt to show your appreciation everynow and then. It's just that these games reminded you that you should show your appreciation ;)

I wouldn't recommend the alternative of giving up sleep. That tends to make people to be a bit crabby. I think that would have the opposite effect on your G/F and she would be quite pissed off at the games and you for your new found crabbiness :biggrin:

You big romantic, I was just thinking of tricking her outside and changing the locks. Might not be a long term solution but it'd be pretty effective in the short term.

Oh I think that would be a long term solution as well as she dumps you on your beehind and looks for greener pasters (or at least someone who wouldn't change the locks on the doors :))

You would have to do ten times what I just said to make up for that.:lol: Or at least I would have too, I'm not exactly the best looking guy out there and sorta boring. So I try harder(when I remember too). You may not have that problem, lucky bastard:p

Age of Decadence Demo? Am I dreaming?
That game is the number on my to have list, still with Kings Bounty
Drakensang or Dragon age is getting me interested too. Just don't know wich of the two it is. Need to read up on those

Superb! Wasn't sure we'd see anything at all on this, I'm going to have to invent new ways of distracting my girlfriend so that I can fit in more play time to cover all the bases. Alternatively I might try and give up sleep.

They make chemicals for that, you know.

The Age of Decadence demo is a *combat* demo using an arena, if I remember correctly. Given the interest is generally (in my opinion at least) on other aspects, it's not that exciting. Better than nothing but I'd rather they finish the real game than release an out-of-context demo that will just result in a bunch "would have been better with a party" posts.

Oh wow, the good RPG news just keeps mounting!

goody! I thought this was a mod for sale - but I see it's free!? What craziness is this ;-) I was quite prepared to part with money for this - I'm very impressed. *that* is community spirit. Maybe this will banish the evil spirit of Zehir, which kind of poisoned my recent Nwn2 experience *shoo, out foul spirit!*

Oh I think that would be a long term solution as well as she dumps you on your beehind and looks for greener pasters (or at least someone who wouldn't change the locks on the doors :))

You would have to do ten times what I just said to make up for that.:lol: Or at least I would have too, I'm not exactly the best looking guy out there and sorta boring. So I try harder(when I remember too). You may not have that problem, lucky bastard:p

You don't think she'd see the funny side?

Back
Top Bottom