The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

@ Alrik…post your main pc specs and I am sure one of the team can tell you if the game will run for you. You could then play on that for a few weeks while you wait for a new card. You can always delete it later.

Peter said will join us initially for a few hours. He won't have any specifics til later today.

I did update15 plus the hotfix last night and it took about 20 minutes. Fairly large update. Plan accordingly, folks, if you haven't already.

… I'm writing this with the new graphics card, which I got from a good friend, built in :

New free item of the week : It's a Small Collectible Bag !

Coupon Code : SCB678

1 per Account

(I'm running the Update right now.)

Must be an incredible card if it allows you to write as well as displaying graphics!! :)

:lol:

Thank you for the questrun yesterday, everyone. :) When I finally looked at the clock, it was 4:30 local time in the morning. ;)

Edit : The last poll for this summer :

Player's Choice #4: Final Poll! Vote to decide a special promotion for August 30th through September 6th!

- Coupon: 250 Turbine Points off a DDO Store item of your choice (1 use per account)
- Free Trial: All Races & Classes
- Limited Release: Mystery Companion Pet

Can someone explain the first choice for me ? I have slight diffiuculties to understand the wording.

Last edited:
Looks to me like you put an item in your DDO store cart, apply the coupon, and get 250 points removed from the total. So, if you wanted to buy a bat companion for 295 turbine points (and name it some variation of JM, of course), you'd apply the coupon and only have to pay 45 points for it.

pfffffffft!!!

Or you can name the companion some variation of cat to really make Jm hiss like a cat when she next plays with you. :p

Corwin has already used the name Dhedkhat for his pet so that name is already taken.

I'm considering naming my panther companion Felis Horribilis.

Both my low level cleric and paladin have now reached level 8. I saw your low level toons had already taken level 8. Which quests did you do besides Carnival this weekend. I need to know so I can pug them if I think I want to have those quests done.

My cleric and paladin completed Tangleroot Gorge and Delera this weekend to get level 8. My cleric also did Tears of Dhakaan, but my pally didn't.

Which quests are we planning next weekend? If you haven't done Delera then I don't mind redoing them since the XP is very good. Even without first time elite bonus I would get decent XP. Delera requires a trapmonkey. I used a level 8 hireling rogue when I did them and it worked well. So if we get 2 groups running at the same time we can use hireling in one.

Last edited:
I checked the quests by level list and found the following interesting quests we could consider:
* Complete the Three Barrel Gorge quests we need (Fire caves part 2, the Scoundrel's run). Free Agents
* Necro 1 (level 5-6): Silver Flame if you haven't already run it
* Sorrowdusk chain with explorers/slayers/rares (quest range 6-10). House D
* Valak's Mausoleum (level 6 in Delera's graveyard). House J
* Gwylan's stand (level 7 and great XP). House P
* Sentinel chain (level 7-8). House D
* The Tear of Dhakaan (level 7): House K
* Caverns of Korromar (level 8): House K
* The Xorian Cipher (level 8): House J
* Stormcleave Outpost (level 8): House D
* Stromvauld's Mine (level 8): House K
* Vault of Night part 1-2 (level 8): House K
* Necro 2: (level 8): Silver Flame

When I logged out we had done Delera's and Carnival and that was it. We did do one Necro before I had to go. Az, Alrik and myself had several client crashes and we ended up spending a lot of time waiting on each other to get get back in game so we didn't get as much done as we could have. If you just Pug Deleras again you should be caught up.

Tom mentioned being out but I missed the details so we may just be running 20's next week. I am sure he will post up what and when.

My question mark is in 2 weeks. I should be good this coming Friday.

There was an extensive Saturday session that pushed folks forward some. Most of that session was done with alternate toons (for instance, RhoGu for me), but Az did a fair bit of jumping around since he's got 1st lifers. There was some wrangling about whether to take lvl8 or hold it. I kinda broke the dam since I wanted radiant servant and everyone else sorta followed my lead. I'm concerned about Corwin and Reywind since they're behind again by my best estimates.

Once I get a status report on those two, I'll try to put together a plan for everyone to think about. With all the alts getting involved, I'm honestly having a tough time keeping track of who needs what quest-wise.

Maybe Corwin and Reywind can play during the week to get to level 8 too? They can easily do quests on hard or normal that they have already played on elite without messing up the bravery bonus. Murielle and Rhogu seem to still be at level 7 so they can help Corwin and Reywind get to 8.

You can probably find some quests you can do at elite as well. Tangleroot isn't so hard and gives quite a bit of XP. I soloed the entire Tangleroot chain on elite with both my paladin and cleric when you played Carnival. I just got a few hirelings (including a rogue). It was not hard at all.

I have a level 7 I can run with them. If I can play and they are on will be glad to help. Time zones are the issue with that plan.
Dte, I think the ones with alts need to pick a main one for Fridays. Then plan out quest lists based on that. I feel if you have to repeat a quest for someone cause you ran them on off days then you just repeat. Keep the Friday list set based on the main Friday character list. It is a game after all. It is suppose to be fun, not work.

I think the easiest is to figure out what the ones attending a play session need and want and just play for fun. Figuring out what people who are not present want to play can be hard. If you missed a session then you can either pug the quests you need or we can repeat and help the left behind getting favor, xp or whatever. Most quests have reasons to be repeated. Good xp, rare loot etc.

I don't mind if you play something I need when I'm not online. Like Delera last Saturday. I just pugged the chain for my toons and I' m up-to date.

On the other hand we can adjust if a key person is out and we are in the middle of a chain. Then we can play something else. So I think we can make general plans for what we want to play and improvise if not all show up. That has worked well until now.

You're responsible for knowing what your OWN toons need. Keeping track of the needs of others can be hard. I expect people to tell which quests they miss when we group up

I also think we can be a bit flexible regarding levels. I don't mind if I'm level 7 if you're level 8.

Having said that I think we can keep track of the lowest level quests we still want to do. That includes explorer areas. The key is to not get level more than 2 above the current lowest level we want to play. The reason is that we want to get bravery bonus from Elite runs.

At the moment I think our lowest level remaining quests are 6. That means we can get level 8 with no penalties. If we want necro 1 we lose bravery bonus except the last in the chain. The first 4 are level 5 and the final level 6.

Since we are playing to get bravery bonus it means the quests are rather challenging. This is particularly important regarding traps. So if you're holding a level as a rogue or artificer then it could be smart to level if BB is not broken. Extra skill points means you can find traps you could otherwise miss.

Other classes also have key levels where they get a prestige class or a key feat. Just like with Wouldii getting radiant aura at level 8. Having the ability means the chance of success will increase. In quests like vault of night we need everything we can to beat the quest on elite and keep BB. Id we avoid deaths we get 10% more xp

So I propose we post here on the forum the lowest level we do for each group we have (lie, mid, high, epic). They you just make sure you stay within 2 levels of that limit. We discuss on Fridays whether we keep the limit or increase by one. If one in the group still misses something we don't increase the limit. That makes everyone happy and you don't have to worry if you need to hold or can level up.

We play at different times so coordination might not be great

Make a sticky thread about team Corwin in the DDO forum where we have our toon levels posted. Then you check there for level limit for groups.

I even propose we make different group names for the different levels. Team Corwin is the overall group containing all sub groups.

E. g. the epic one could be team Jm

The level 18-20 could be team Peter

Level 11-13 could be team Dte

Level 7-8 could be team Reywindd

And so on

This makes it simpler than low, middle, high because levels increase. Low level is now soon mid level. We probably start a new low level soon. That one could be team Cm or Azraelck and so on.

While I largely agree with you, Peter, it's not quite that simple because re-running quests (or helping with catchup) still gives XP. Not as much as that first run, but still XP. The reason Az had to jump around 3 toons is because one of them was not only holding a level to stay with the group, but was actually extremely close to the next level from running catchup with Reywindd.

Our trio ran different quests in 3 Barrel than JM's quartet a couple weeks ago. If everyone is going to complete, that entails a fair bit of repeats and/or PUGs to bring everyone back together. Those repeats are still giving XP, and unfortunately the people that seem to have the most "overlap" are the ones that, for various reasons, need the extra XP the least. We're also limited a bit by function--we've only got a couple healers and a couple trap monkeys. Those toons will be needed in all runs, so it will be hard to keep them from racking up too much XP. The healer side might not be too bad since Wouldii's a 2nd lifer with no tome and no pots and your cleric is a 3rd lifer, but we're really up against it with trap monkeys.

I'm probably trying too hard to make it all work (it's my nature, what can I say). I think the problem will ease up some as we progress since levels will come slower and we won't be trying to pack as much content into the available space. Until then, I'll keep trying to make it work for us without getting overly dictatorial.

Well, regarding levels, my Cleric and my Artificer are now noth level 7, my Wizard level 9, and my Ranger still level 16. To be frank, I have most fun running all of the other chars right now, and not that much with my Ranger.

I never did the "Xorian Xipher" so far ( with none of my chars ! ), so this is something I'd like to do with some of you.

I don't have the Sentinels pack yet, but it'ssomething I'm thinking of buying if this "250 Turbine Points off a DDO Store item of your choice" thing really takes place.

I have checked, and I have now 140 Turbine Points there.
And the pack is I think 350, regular.

Unfortunately I missed the adventure pack sale last week, so I've got to go with what I have (or can do) right now.

I think hirelings can cover the areas we miss if we don't have a full group. Even rogue hirelings perform pretty well. I've had no problems with rogue hirelings in the quests I've had to solo, not even on elite.

Cleric hirelings seem to do the job pretty well too. Fighters can fill empty slots and so on. If the quest is challenging the hirelings can mean it's very hard to complete. Those quests are the ones we focus on when we have a full group and the ones we make repeats with for those left behind. I can mention Von 3 and 4 as examples.

The biggest challenge we have keeping people in groups is that the number of toons we play is so different. I have 4 toons in total. Jm has more than 10. Cm and you probably 6-8 and so on. That means you have a problem if you want to level all of these.

I think this can be solved by designating a number of your toons to the ongoing groups. The others are NOT part of groups and considered free runners, meaning they will pug and join whatever group they can find. The problem comes when you try to level ALL your toons and not have time to do so.

E. g. you parked Klubbir around level 10-11 because you didn't have time to play up him along with the others. You might resume his life once the current level 7-8 toons catch-up. If you spread your play time on too many toons you will be left behind. So leaving some behind outside a group is probably a good idea.

Another issue we have is that toons are on different lives. A first lifer toon only needs 1.9 mill XP to reach level 20. A second lifer needs 3.1 mill and a third+ lifer needs 4.3 mill XP. If you mix those in the same group you will see a different progress rate, especially after level 10.

XP pots, XP tomes and elite streaks also makes leveling trickier. Let's say you have a toon with elite streak of 50% doing a quest on normal because the quest was too tough on elite or hard. That means you lose 50% XP on the quest compared to the ones keeping the streak going. So if you do a quest giving you 20k XP then others will get 30k instead. That's a significant difference. XP pots give +20% XP and XP tomes something similar.

That's the reason I think linking toons into several teams is a good idea. Then you know who you're supposed to play with. E. g. my toons at level 8 are TR2, but with XP pots so they can keep up with TR1's without pots. E. g. if I had a first lifer with XP pot then it would be no fun playing with TR1 or TR2's without pots. So you mix toons together that have a fair chance of keeping up with each other.

I keep 2 toons in the "low" level group (team Reywind), i. e. the paladin and cleric. That means I can alternate between them to not run ahead in XP and pug with the one I didn't play with to keep both at the same general level. So I can maintain these toons. If I notice the very high XP demands at higher level because they are TR 2 then I can drop one of them out of the group and focus on the other. The one I drop out with can then wait to be caught up by another group playing when they come within range.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom