Two Worlds II - Castle Defence Game Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A Two Worlds II themed competitive strategy game has been announced, due for retail release in May. Castle Defence already has a demo on the new official site and here's the press release:
Two Worlds II sends an attack wave of strategy game goodness
-The retail version of the strategy game "Castle Defense" hits shelves this upcoming May 2011-
Las Vegas, Nevada -April 21st 2011- PC and Mac users everywhere prepare for the tactical intrusion of Two Worlds II: Castle Defense, a highly addictive strategy game based in the acclaimed fantasy universe of Antaloor coming to this Spring. TopWare Interactive has once again adhered to the fans of the franchise with this debut title, releasing it purely because of the amazing response to the free demo level of Castle Defense that was made available at the end of last year.
The story itself takes place between Two Worlds and Two Worlds II, giving the player some surprising back story about the conflict between Gandohar and the Orcs of Antaloor. Only now, slip into the mighty boots of Gandohar himself and the fan favorite henchman- Sordahon.
The gameplay makes the player utilize tactics and upgrades to defeat each wave of enemies successfully. The dark forests, abandoned ruins and winding catacombs will be stained with blood as the fight against the onslaught of Orcs ensues over the five beautiful regions. With the Arena mode and Highscore function, Castle Defense raises the bar for the ultimate challenge against online opponents from all over the globe!
The hybrid version of Two Worlds II: Castle Defense for PC and Mac will be in stores this May 17th 2011, as well as the iPad and iPhone version available in the App store.
For more information and demo version of Castle Defense visit : www.twoworlds2.com/cd/
More information.

There already is a Two Worlds I "Tower Defense" game as a browser game out there.

Alrik could you post a link to that TW1 tower defense browser game. I can't seem to find it using google.

Hm, sorry, seems to be about Two Worlds II already ...

It was a competition : http://www.twoworlds2.com/cd/competition-en.html

You must first click on "demo download", and then scroll down and then on "accept" - an then on one of the buttons to download it ...

Strange ... I had thought it was a browser game, but now I see that my memory had stored it incorrectly ...

LOL, Alrik that is the game that Dhruin posted about :p

I just played the demo and it's easy. I lost the first game quickly because I was figuring out the game, but then on the second one almost none of my units died.

Maybe the full game will be a little more complex than this, but so far as a tower defense game it really isn't that good. I'd rather play Plants vs Zombies or Kingdom Elemental.

Okay, then I totally mixed this thing up ;)

I had thought, then, that this had been programmed for the said competition ONLY.
How could I know they actually wanted to release it much later as a full game ß I could never see any hints towards that … So I thought it was just another browser game (or sort of) especially made for a single competition or so … It could even be that the button wasn't even labelled "Demo" …

And I think I remember I even submitted it as a newsbit long ago …
But I'm not sure anymore … ;)

Edit : Here it is : http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12140

I have played the free iphone version (or ipad not sure) and even if they name it Castle defense it's more a mix between Castle Defense and Tower Defense. I found it tedious, the approach isn't common but I felt the result not interesting.

I'll probably buy anyway a full version if the price is low enough because I'm a hardcore fan (well in this forum they say fanboy) of Tower Defense and close games.

Back
Top Bottom