DA:O Awakenings character import question.

Dragon Age: Origins
I tried multiple time the import of a DAO character but not after final to avoid have a too high level character. Here what I quoted:
  • Warden Keep, Collector and Blood Armor items aren't imported so better sell them before.
  • Warden Keep Blood Talents are imported but then in Awakening they are dead Talent with no function and no description.
  • Return to Ostagar, the Stone Prisoner and all DAO items I tried was imported with no problem, but Cailan Armor set is still an over powerful armor set in Awakening so I don't advise use it in Awakening.

To minimize the number of problems in Awakening:
  • It's much better to un install mods you installed. Then install only few and only those mentioning clearly they support and are compatible with Awakening. Even now not much does.
  • Also don't forget remove any files you could have put in override folder, they could use an old version of a file changed with Awakening.
  • I saw sometimes there's also the advice to disable DLC (Warden Keep, Collector, Blood Armor) before to play Awakening. If you do that I advice you first to sell all items of those DLC and save in DAO a game like that.

Apparently not, and a bug list a mile long. Not very Bioware of them…. I'm not paying even $30 for short bugfest…

well oyur lucky i wish i had seen this topic befor paying that ... :9 i am just a little pissed off right now !!

So whatever you have in your inventory, minus DLC items, you'll have when you start Awakenings?

What about items you have stored in the chest at Soldiers Peak?

What about items you have stored in the chest at Soldiers Peak?

That doesn't import, you'll need to collect the items if there's anything that you need to keep.

Currently playing Awakening as a mage, and I used a mod to unlock all specialities. Now I'd like to know which one is best: Blood Mage, Keeper, or Battle Mage ? My other speciality is Arcane Warrior.

Thanks in advance.

I think it is really a matter of taste. Awakening is much easier to play (I think they lowered the difficulty in general due to feedback) so its hard to make a bad choice.

I really loved the Battlemage myself - was a lot of fun with Anders. I really pumped up his willpower so he could have a lot of his sustained abilities on.

On a side note they finally patched and fixed the blood talents you get in Wardens Keep so they carry over properly (at least the patch notes said that - I haven't checked yet as I am currently doing a 4th play though of DAO and all content so won't know until I get my new guy to Awakenings).

Back
Top Bottom