RPGWatch Updates, Bug reports and Feature requests

I've noticed that 'thank you' now appears in the middle of some posts that are thanked. An example would be battletech heavy mech announced - silver news post has a thank you in the middle of the text - but i've noticed this on several other posts this week...

I didn’t change anything in the css styles, but the reason for it to happen is related to the formatting of the left center and right boxes. If the text posted is short, there is white space below the buttons, because of the larger size of the left box (with the avatar image) or the larger size of the right hand box.
Perhaps @Arhu; changed something, if not then it’s a mystery that needs to be solved.

Hum. I thought it might be related to the width of the browser but it isn't however it does display correctly with firefox - just chrome that is messing up.

I didn’t change anything in the css styles, but the reason for it to happen is related to the formatting of the left center and right boxes. If the text posted is short, there is white space below the buttons, because of the larger size of the left box (with the avatar image) or the larger size of the right hand box.
Perhaps @Arhu; changed something, if not then it’s a mystery that needs to be solved.

All videos don't load for me right now - I just get the message <loading…>

All videos don't load for me right now - I just get the message <loading…>
It's a common error due to server overload. Usually happens at the same time every night. So how do I know? I mentioned this before on this this thread.
It is because the server is quite busy with something. Videos are loaded delayed, so first the page is loaded and shows that. After that it starts resolving the video links and the videos are displayed. Normally you don't see a delay between the two, but if the server is very busy, you will.

Is submit news/contact us working. I've submitted a couple of things over the months and they never made the headlines.

Sorry to hear that. :(
Yes, the contact form is working. I myself saw several messages the last 24 hrs.
I don’t recall seeing something from you recently though, but maybe @HiddenX; or @Silver; can elucidate. Since my tasks differ I merely glance at subjects that deal with news.

@Lucky Day;
Could you send a test text via the form and send me a PM the minute you have sent it?
Then I can see whether something shows up from your hand.

@Lucky Day;
Could you send a test text via the form and send me a PM the minute you have sent it?
Then I can see whether something shows up from your hand.

done and done

Thanks. I got both. Before that I checked your settings as well. Nothing more that I can do to help. Right now everything seems to be working as it should.
We’ll haven to wait for HiddenX, Silver or Myrthos.

Thanks. I got both. Before that I checked your settings as well. Nothing more that I can do to help. Right now everything seems to be working as it should.
We’ll haven to wait for HiddenX, Silver or Myrthos.

Thanks. I'm guessing some sort of process is happening - like maybe its getting deleted or its flagged as read and the editors move on. I typically think a submission is simply not worth posting because it doesn't meet criteria or its a duplicate that was already announced it was late.

Regardless, I want to thank all the editors for volunteering their hard work and keeping my favourite website alive. I've often thought about volunteering but I simply don't have enough to contribute.

Hi Lucky Day - please keep sending us us information pieces. But not every info we get is automatically a newsbit worth posting on the frontpage and sometimes we have already posted a similar newsbit earlier.

NWN patch 1.79 is in the news now :)

As an Ex-News poster I can attest I usually got links I already had ready to post online, or some-days I just wouldn't check my email with the submitted links.

So apologizes to anyone who always wondered.:(

We do get some random things in the inbox. Advertising offers and the like. I have a limited time to check the inbox, so apologies if I miss some things.

Dear porcozaur,

You have received a new private message at RPGWatch Forums from DorisSot, entitled "short story".

bot/spammer that sends scripts through pm

Thanks for your report.
That one won’t bother you again. It was spamming in Off-Topic as well. So it got banned one hour ago.

This spam method is new to me though. I have not seen it before.

That bot/spammer might have sent a PM to others as well, before this ‘DorisSot’ was banned.
‘CarolTab’ was spamming the same stuff 15 minutes before DorisSot, so it might have sent some PMs under that name as well.

Back
Top Bottom