Grimoire - Now on GOG

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar is now available on GOG and is currently 25% off.

THE ULTIMATE CLASSIC STYLE TURN-BASED FANTASY ROLEPLAYING GAME!

After more than 20 years of development, the greatest roleplaying game of them all is finally ready for release! Grimoire is an homage to the classic dungeon blobbers and is inspired by Wizardry, Might & Magic, Lands of Lore, Anvil of Dawn, DungeonMaster and the Eye of the Beholder games!

• 600 hours of play possible in a single game
  • Lush Colorful 2D Hand Drawn Artwork
  • Retro style MIDI music and 8 bit sound effects
  • 244+ Maps in the game to explore!
  • Turn-Based strategic combat
  • Multiple Beginnings, Multiple Endings
  • 144 context sensitive magic spells
  • 14 races, 15 professions, 50 skills
  • 64 intelligent NPCs with 8000+ Words in Vocabulary
  • Full Sentence Communication with NPCs
  • 240+ monsters each with special powers and defenses
  • 1000+ items, Carry Containers, Global Party Inventory
  • 30 conditions, from Confusion to Disease & Lycanthropy
  • Automapping, Autowalking, Autohealing
  • Global Map Atlas With Position Marker
  • Quest Journal, Hint Prompting, Help Facility, Mini-Quests
  • Complex LockPicking Interfaces for Doors & Chests
  • Challenging Puzzles and Rich Interactive Dungeons
  • Browsable Character Library for up to 100 characters
  • Multiple Crafting Workshops for all items
  • Up to 12 Commented Postage Stamped Savegames
  • Multi-themed GUI and customizable screen layouts
More information.

"After more than 20 years of development" ... true, but I recall starting around year 14 he said it was going to be released "Soon".

"the greatest roleplaying game of them all ..." - LOL no

"... is finally ready for release!" - It's been out a while

I bought it, so I can say those things. I'll add that it's amazingly complex, exploration is fun, but the rest of it ... meh. Couldn't get past the tiny view window, the bad inventory (which I think he updated?), and the old-timey boring as all get-go combat (imo).

I also recall it being horribly unbalanced but that might have been addressed as well.

Well I remember GOG refused to sell his game in the past, and he even ranted about how it was unfair in the usual Cleve way. Guess something changed GOGs mind.

Someday if I can get this for 5 bucks or less, I have to see what the wait was for though. The game and it's creator are the longest running joke in gaming, but I have to see it for myself, like staring at an accident as you walk by.

This game has easily provided me with more entertainment than most AAA games over the past 10 years.

And I don't even own it!

5 Stars. Would Recommend!

Yes, not me, but people have finished it.
Personally I enjoyed the time I spent with it. I ran out of steam after 40hrs or so but always meant to go back when he updated it to Version 2, which is some time back now. The map design was great and I had a genuine sense of satisfaction when I worked out a puzzle. I think version 2 sorted out the inventory system, which yeah was pretty wearisome in the original release.

I really love the games mentioned which inspired this game, but I didn't see the similarity except they are blobbers. Bought it when it went on sale for V2. Tried it, but didn't like the clunky interface and complexity. Something which I think the inspirational games did right. I'll give it another few versions and then give it a go again.

Never thought GoG would sink so low…. i mean I know that there are a few people that like this sort of game but really the guy is a lunatic.

He promised and not delivered so much that a certain amount of his followers might have turned into his haters bombing his product on Steam with negative reviews and also endorsing all negative reviews. Thus the current rating.

I finished the game, I initially played it the very week it was released, which is something I rarely do anymore, but I was just that curious and had time on my hands. If you like and enjoy those style of games, you'll love Grimoire. It starts out pretty tough and just gets more difficult!!

Grimoire on GOG - COMPLETE AND UTTER INCLINE

Its about time Cleve got this piece of art on GOG, now for the rest of the world to enjoy. [removed] If you'd have played the current version (3.00) you would have realized that the Neanderthal was right, all along.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its about time Cleve got this piece of art on GOG, now for the rest of the world to enjoy. [removed] If you'd have played the current version (3.00) you would have realized that the Neanderthal was right, all along.

And… we should play because you've insulted us? Mmm, I'll pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
And… we should play because you've insulted us? Mmm, I'll pass.

Hey hey, don't be throwing the term 'us' around.
You can't loop others into victimhood unless they self identify:)

giphy.gif

This game has easily provided me with more entertainment than most AAA games over the past 10 years.

And I don't even own it!

5 Stars. Would Recommend!

C'mon admit it, you pirate :p

Back
Top Bottom