Drakensang: The River of Time - Gamescom Screens

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Unfortunately I did not had the opportunity to get a tour of Drakensang: River of Time, but I did find the time to upload the screenshots from the Gamescom presskit I got from DTP to our gallery.
Here are two samples to start with.
More information.

I have to admit that The River of Time is very good looking.

The two samples are not from the GamesCom version of the game.

The only real screen I recognize from the GamesCom version is that with the character generation.

Pretty green elf/pixie/water elemental (not sure which:)) Definatly a little like The Witcher since she looks like she'll kiss you then rip your throat out (the totally black shark eyes are a little creepy).

Latest pieces of info from an excellent interview and a preview:

- DraSa: The River of Time will have a much higher interaction density. Ca. 150% content compared to DraSa will be squeezed into ca. half the time (40-50 hours).
- Unnecessary walking will be avoided. For example you can jump directly to merchants you have visited before.
- The camera problem in cramped environments has been fixed.
- The graphics have been improved, without higher system requirements.

The two samples are not from the GamesCom version of the game.
How do you know? Did you see the entire game at Gamescom?

As stated in the newsbit, the screenshots are from the DTP Gamescom presskit.

Well, at the GamesCom I played the game. The "special edition" there, at least.

I haven't seen the show, though, and don't remember the trailer.

How do you know? Did you see the entire game at Gamescom?
The pics have already been in the first print article about Drakensang (PC Games, I think), end of the last year / beginning 2009. Got them also from Claas for my article I wrote after RPC in Cologne in April. They surely used Photoshop for it (as to be seen in the video visitation of the developer studios, released with gold edition of DraSa 1), but should reflect the quality of the end product.

The green "elfish" creature is called "Necker", a race that is related to the water.

The best info tidbit was, that the sys requirements should be around the same as DraSa 1, though they obviously improved it a lot. Optimization of the engine and the level design.

Back
Top Bottom