[Greenlight] The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians

manutoo

Watcher

Hello,

I'm an Indie developer, and my new game is a Dungeon Crawler named The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians.

It's in First Person View, inspired by classics like Dungeon Master and Might & Magic, but featuring a modern combat system based on the triptych “tank/damage dealer/healer” mechanism.

The game is (nearly) done so I put it in Greenlight and it'd be very kind of you to vote for it to help me get it on Steam..! :)

Here's the Greenlight page => http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=489556661 .

2015-09-Cave-Predator-3-600x337.jpg

Last edited:
Looks interesting. I see the game is available for purchase, but i can't right now. Is there a demo available? Can you explain about all those icons on the bottom? Theres a lot. Hotkeys for spells/skills? thank you in advance.

Bob,
yup, it does look similar, however, it does play differently… :)

Although both LoG & DG take inspiration from Dungeon Master, they actually differ a lot on the gameplay : the puzzles are central in LoG, and optional in DG ; combats are simple & reflex based in LoG, and they are much more evolved & tactic in DG. So both games are enjoyable, but not for the same reasons, and not necessarily by the same kind of players.
(that's a shameless copy/paste from the comment I just wrote in the Greenlight page :p )

Icefire,
there's no plan for a demo soon, but it's not totally excluded in the future.

All these icons are abilities : attacks, buff/debuff, protection & healing.
You start with only 2 combat abilities per party members so you have many hours to learn to use them & then the new ones till you arrive at the point you see in the screenshot with many abilities..! :biggrin:

voted, I wish you luck with your endeavour. The game looks very interesting already.

I thought it was a single player. After reading I saw it was a party based game, then it made more sense why there were so many. However my interest dropped considerably. i prefer one character over a party. But good luck with it. I hope it's a success for you.

Sacred_Path,
thanks !

Icefire,
out of curiosity, would you have been interested to play a single player game with a grid based movement ..?
And why don't you like parties ? :)

Last edited:
1. I am willing to try any single player game.
2. I like parties well enough, just not in my games. i prefer to control a single character.

You know guys the time for a PURE single dungeon dungeon crawler with no overworld has been over for moar than 30y right?

You know guys the time for a PURE single dungeon dungeon crawler with no overworld has been over for moar than 30y right?

Very few things in this world are "over" for good.
As a whole there isn't a lot of pure creativity, so old ideas are often tweaked, shaped, and shifted into something "today".

I wish them the best of luck.

Looks fine to me. I wouldn't worry about that other guy - he went round half the indie games last night posting bitchy comments.

Not to mention that he's entirely wrong.....I often fire up old Wizardry games simple because of the one progressive dungeon theme. I might be a clunky old school player, but I guarantee companies still like my dollars.

Carnifex & Wisdom & Ripper,
thanks ! :)

And yup, one thing that is missing from most RPGs is a big dungeon interesting to explore (or several :p ).

Version 1.0 released and Steam & Mac versions available !

2015-10-Version-1-0-Visual-FX-600x337.jpg

if you buy the game from Mana Games now ( here : http://www.managames.com/DungeonGuardians/buy-the-game/ ), you'll get :
- a free Steam Key to activate & play the game in your Steam library
- the Windows & Mac OSX version from ManaGames.com

Note: the OSX version will come a bit later on Steam

Manutoo, I think you have already noticed your game has been mentioned in a newsbit on the frontpage.
I didn't see this thread up till now, but I saw your tweets last week, and I'm keeping my eye on you now - on Twitter. :)

Eye,
yes, I noticed the news, thanks ! :)
But the wording & the presentation made me feel you didn't receive the message I had sent to you from here http://indie.rpgwatch.com/submitnews.html , with a PressKit and a Steam Key … Should I resend it ..?
Hiya manutoo!
Well, I am just a twittering bird, a news hunter, without access to the mails the editors get. So I don't know why they have missed it. They have told me this form you mentioned is the proper way to get info to them.
I'm sure Myrthos or HiddenX will respond to this question of yours, here or via PM.
Seeya, manutoo! :)

We got the mail, but I had no time to check out the game - yet.

If someone wants to send me a key, I'll play several hours and post an impressions piece :)

Back
Top Bottom