The Witcher 2 - Interview with Eurogamer and Patch 1.1 Update

aries100

SasqWatch
Eurogamer talked with Tomasz Gop, the senior producer, about the difficulty levels in the game. Here's rather telling quote from Gop:
Obviously we have been inspired by hardcore games, by difficult games, and maybe that might be the reason why it was not that obvious to us," answered senior producer Tomasz Gop.
But we didn't want the game to be a piece of cake at the beginning like, you know, an interactive movie. That wasn't what we were aiming for. We definitely wanted to introduce at least some level of difficulty.
Gop also talked about the glitches in the game and the 1.1 patch they were working it.
On the official site there is this update:
The good news is that the patch is ready. The bad news is that we have encountered some problems with the server infrastructure, making downloading DLCs impossible. We want to apologize to our fans for not meeting our target of delivering the patch last night. We will update you when we know more.
Communication is always nice - getting informed is too.

More information.

Problem with patch is not that there is no way to download it.

But that people that bought the game can not play it because the authentication servers do not work - for over 3 days now.

And that is whopper of a mistake. Shot them selves in the leg.

Shame. I hope they dont lose customers over that :(

But I can download the polish voice over through the launcher now - can't remember if that was possible before, but I didn't notice it.

Must be the only developer these days that's actually saying that they want to make a hard game. Hence it's all the more saddening to see all this pathetic whine.

But I can download the polish voice over through the launcher now - can't remember if that was possible before, but I didn't notice it.

In my case, this was also possible before the patch 1.1.

Back
Top Bottom