dtp - Insolvent!

I don't know what to think. On the people's side of the story, it's a desaster and incredibly sad. On the business side, I am not that surprised. dtp was a traditional german company and imho that's the reason why it failed. As did all typical german companies before them, who tried to get international. I don't know why it does not work, but so it is.

DTP failed on the international market because they didn't even try. No marketing and above all there releases came out 1-2 years later. If they were smart they should of released there games on steam and other online services.

Most European developers are doing away with pc physical boxed copy's in the international markets now.

Last edited:
Not going onto Steam when the platform was still relatively open was definitely a huge mistake. Nowadays it's very difficult to get onto Steam unless you own a reasonably well known brand.

But it's hard to blame them dtp was a conservative company built on retail distribution.

Even in the Netherlands (Western neighbour of the Germans) it was hard to get DTP games... so can't say I'm surprised this happens. Too bad for the employees I wish them all the best!

All businesses have problems with cash flow, but game publishing must be one of the more problematic businesses in that regard. It takes so long to get a return on the investment that it's no wonder games are shoved out the door too early.

Back
Top Bottom